So what's the verdict on Ghostbusters? Did it flop?

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I think it's funny all of the people saying it's terrible when the general crowd reactions coming out were positive. I honestly feel like people who "hated" haven't even seen it.
i honestly feel like the ridiculous pre-hate hypnotized people into saying it wasn't a piece of garbage movie, b/c it absolutely was a piece of garbage movie. Subjectivity and all that, but to sit here and see people say that was a "hilarious" movie is just not true.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
i honestly feel like the ridiculous pre-hate hypnotized people into saying it wasn't a piece of garbage movie, b/c it absolutely was a piece of garbage movie. Subjectivity and all that, but to sit here and see people say that was a "hilarious" movie is just not true.
disagree completely.

I came in to this movie with low expectations. I hated the trailers and thought it was just stupid.

Then I saw it and enjoyed it. I wasnt "hypnotized," I came in with an open mind.

I actually saw it twice.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town

Nobody is saying it was hilarious. They're saying it was entertaining, and fun. I can't take anyone serious who said Suicide Squad wasn't that bad and then trashes this movie. There's really not much difference between the two. They're both the definition of mindless popcorn flicks.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Nobody is saying it was hilarious. They're saying it was entertaining, and fun. I can't take anyone serious who said Suicide Squad wasn't that bad and then trashes this movie. There's really not much difference between the two. They're both the definition of mindless popcorn flicks.
a ton of reviews mentioned how funny Ghostbusters was... it wasn't. how anyone can walk away from that and think Kate McKinnon's acting was funny is insane to me. the action was shytty and the effects choices weren't great. The story fukkin sucked too. Balloon ghosts? Pilgrim ghosts? not a good movie by any stretch of the imagination. I have no problem with mindless popcorn movies, but this wasn't even one of them. name 2 "cool" scenes worth the price of admission.

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
a ton of reviews mentioned how funny Ghostbusters was... it wasn't. how anyone can walk away from that and think Kate McKinnon's acting was funny is insane to me. the action was shytty and the effects choices weren't great. The story fukkin sucked too. Balloon ghosts? Pilgrim ghosts? not a good movie by any stretch of the imagination. I have no problem with mindless popcorn movies, but this wasn't even one of them. name 2 "cool" scenes worth the price of admission.

But didn't you say you liked Suicide Squad? The special effects at the end of that movie were the exact same shyt. Like how are they different? And let's see two cool scenes from the Ghostbusters movie? The first encounter with the ghost from the basement was cool, and them actually testing and practicing with their weapons before using them was cool because the first movie just acted like anyone could just pick up a proton pack and shoot on target without any kickback.

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
it flopped. it is toxic with all the "troll" activity. The director is a bytch. The movie is fukkin terrible, and it doesn't deserve a sequel it will inevitably get.
If it flopped, why would they give if a sequel?

Conz

Superstar
Daps
But didn't you say you liked Suicide Squad? The special effects at the end of that movie were the exact same shyt. Like how are they different? And let's see two cool scenes from the Ghostbusters movie? The first encounter with the ghost from the basement was cool, and them actually testing and practicing with their weapons before using them was cool because the first movie just acted like anyone could just pick up a proton pack and shoot on target without any kickback.
i didn't see Suicide Squad yet. Was never really looking forward to it to be honest. I did hear the ending has a space portal and choppy stupid cgi like every other movie though. That's disappointing.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Looks to me like it did okay, but wasn't a blockbuster. They're still going forward with a sequel, so it's been a success from Sony's point of view.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean I ain't see the original so I didn't give a ____ about seeing this one either.
Did you see it?
Do you get the sense that the all female cast backfired on them?

full