So whats the downside of living life on easy mode? (No kids/ no small kids)

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
So you made up a fictional version of me and then attributed fictional quotes to the fictional version to use against the real me in a discussion?
What in the entire fukk?! 😂
I'm dead ass serious are you on the spectrum? This was already answered in post number 227. Then I listed the sources from Grammarly and the encyclopedia Britannica. Do you not grasp the concept of mockery and imitation? Holy fukking shyt this went from funny to sad. I thought you were being disingenuous at first but you actually can't grasp the concept of a parody or mocking statement and how it's not meant to be taken literally.

Post number 227 and the encyclopedia Britannica post on parodies match one another. I'm just blocking you bruh.
Your points were already absurd to being with bruh. Exgareating them in an idealized fashion only enunciates how absurd they really are imo.
YyIeJex.png

Ryze

All Star
Bushed
Daps

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
IDK what to tell yall sometimes. In my 20s, I dated with the mindset that if I couldn't find someone to grow old with, I was a failure. :sadcam:

Now in my 30s, I understand that it has never been more technologically feasbile to grow old by yourself,

and at the same time, :ehh:

never been more at peace with staying single because, thanks to culture / social media, selfishness and shytty people are a gat damn epidemic out here.

If life forces you in a direction, you might as well look at the glass as being half full. Im a card carrying member of single / average looking gang. Just got back from tulum. I know some folks in my circle looking at me jealous.:sas2:

Also bear in mind the children yall have are gonna be in a scary situtation with climate change as they grow older.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm dead ass serious are you on the spectrum? This was already answered in post number 227. Then I listed the sources from Grammarly and the encyclopedia Britannica. Do you not grasp the concept of mockery and imitation? Holy fukking shyt this went from funny to sad. I thought you were being disingenuous at first but you actually can't grasp the concept of a parody or mocking statement and how it's not meant to be taken literally.

Post number 227 and the encyclopedia Britannica post on parodies match one another. I'm just blocking you bruh.

YyIeJex.png
Dog, you just don't want to admit you used quotations incorrectly and are just spamming to try to obscure from that fact. Stop, it's sad.

Van Cleef

All Star
Daps
This is always an interesting argument. It always assumes 2 unrealistic extremes.. most of yall without kids are not living like leonardo dicaprio and will never be some rich playboy.. and most people with kids are not stuck not being able to ever do anything in life except tend to their kids. You can still have a personal life, travel solo etc when you have kids.

I really dont hear anything special folks without kids are doing with their live to be honest. brunch parties? traveling? Where yall even traveling to outside of typical tourist traps, sex tourism counties and instagram thot destinations like Tulum? Most americans are broke with or without kids so there isnt much extravagant travel happening for most people. And Most of yall also are not doing anything really important or impressive with your life anyway. Most people are average and family can give perspective and meaning to the average person. Cause life aint about working a 9 to 5, partying or solo travel. those things get old. And In your late 40s , 50s and beyond you will need something more to be fulfilled.

this where we traveling too.... min stay 7 days at $1.4k a night

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this where we traveling too.... min stay 7 days at $1.4k a night

And? The average single childless person is not traveling there. Stop it. Who do you think is the target audience for those type of resorts? 90% of the people at those type of spots are older married couples that are empty nesters ( meaning they had their family and kids and now they are chillin in retirement). Thats who you will see there. especially in Turks. Always more old heads out there.

• Dap
Reactions: sza

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
the downside is, it's only easy mode until you are elderly, then its hard as fukk.
whereas with kids its hard when you're young, then easy when you get old.
This seems more like a failure to plan, than a failure to have children. End of life care should be core part of your retirement plan. You have nearly 50 working years to figure this out. Unless you were an outlier(parpalegic, mental handicapped, in prison, etc in your youth) there is no excuse.

It is no badge of honor to have your kids clean you after you sht yourself at age 80. This care should never have been the burden of your offspring.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't have kids so I guess I can't really answer...but looking at it I would guess it's about legacy. If you don't care about legacy or your legacy is related to your work (business, arts, sports, etc.) you could probably live a long time without ever caring about kids.

From what I've seen, eventually people who don't have a defined legacy they're building look up from the daily grind/splurge and wonder what proof will remain that they ever existed. They'll have all the mid-life crisis type questions about their purpose in life and all that.

You have to keep in mind the average person will eventually reach a point of stagnation in their life. The average person is very repetitive. They work a regular job, clock in and out every day, hardly take vacations, eat at the same fast food spots, do the same thing on the weekends, etc.

Children give certain people a purpose when their lives feel otherwise stagnated and fulfill any questions they have about their legacy.

I laugh when regular joes (99% of us)talk about legacy like we are emperors leaving a vast kingdom for our families.

Most of us will be forgotten a generation or two after we die.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
This seems more like a failure to plan, than a failure to have children. End of life care should be core part of your retirement plan. You have nearly 50 working years to figure this out. Unless you were an outlier(parpalegic, mental handicapped, in prison, etc in your youth) there is no excuse.

It is no badge of honor to have your kids clean you after you sht yourself at age 80. This care should never have been the burden of your offspring.
no amount of prep will make you able to shovel your own driveway if you get dumped on by winter in your 80s. somebody is going to have to do it for you. They can dig into the retirement funds every time a physical toll needs to be exerted or they have the help of family. I would trust the family more because i hear plenty of horror stories about elderly people being taken advantage of by caregivers. plus they save money. win win. you call that poor planning. i call that being practical and safe.

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
Childfree people give logical reasons why they're childfree

Parents and Future Parents come in with nothing but emotional appeals and shaming tactics

Childfree person: "I don't see the reason or need to bring a child into a corrupt and unjust world."

Breeders "You're just afriad" "You're going to miss out" "If everyone thought like you it would be no more people."
"You're selfish for not wanting to birth someone just so they can experience pain, sickness, and death."

Nothing but emotions. Appeal to me with logic
It’s the pressure of society breh

The pressure to conform to be like everybody else

People will shame you if you deviate from the norm.

Realistically speaking, the world is not rosy at all. Nor filled with rainbows. We live in a corrupt chaotic world. Alas, I’d argue the main factor is the environment. Circumstances are circumstances.

Idealistically, having your own personal mini-me would sound dope. To raise a child takes a lot of responsibility, finances, and emotional stability since that’s another human being we gotta raise in this world.

Unless the person is mentally healthy, they should not bred a child. Period.

We already have enough mentally unstable parents that have no clue on how to raise, nurture and provide for a child.

As a result, these kids end up growing up to be traumatic adults. Some turning into whole demons.

Plus, imagine having a child with the wrong woman. You are eternally screwed for life. She will set you up for child support. Brainwash the child. Use the child as a trojan horse to destroy you.

Maybe I’m just sounding paranoid af. I’m just keeping it 100 stacks:yeshrug:

Dudes need to consider before spreading their seed to some random chick. Your seed holds tremendous value as a man!

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
It’s the pressure of society breh

The pressure to conform to be like everybody else

People will shame you if you deviate from the norm.
This isn't just true for being childfree. It's also true for almost anything you do in life. If you dare to stand out from the crowd.

This part below is not about being CF but rather conformity.

Noir I think you mentioned a while ago on here you're a musician. I use to play for the church on the keys. You know in order to stand out you have to not conform to trends and what other musicians are doing but at the same time still, be able to grab the audience's ear. Also deal with the questions from other musicians like "Why did you substitute this chord for that one or do that run/lick or pitch bend etc?' And the answer is you're actually playing what you feel at the moment. Herbie Hancock mentions how Miles taught him sometimes you have to be different and play the wrong notes to get the right sound. And he said that doesn't only applies to music but life in general.

Noir not sure if you're into self-help books or tapes but this is a clip I like from Earl Nightingale.

Herbie Talking about Miles

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Oh, and time.

People with kids assume A LOT that you just have all the free time and want you to do shyt around their schedule.

I did a lot of thinking and I honestly feel like I’ve seen so many marriages fail and the fallout in my lifetime that I subconsciously probably steer away from it. Especially in my family…

So if I’m not 100% certain about a person, I’m not getting married or having kids probably…

Either that or I’m shooting blanks

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
None at all, I don't want to being more mouths to feed in this gay, expensive, increasingly hot, about-to-be-entering-nuclear-winter ass world

I am selfish, I don't want to pretend I'm bettering the world by gambling and not pulling out :manny:

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
I laugh when regular joes (99% of us)talk about legacy like we are emperors leaving a vast kingdom for our families.

Most of us will be forgotten a generation or two after we die.
Even funnier is just because you do have a legacy worth leaving, doesn't mean your children wants to be a part of it. I was watching' a few mob documentaries and I noticed that more than a few children of the mobsters actually changed their names so they were associated with the fathers and their sins as well. Evidently a lot of rappers just ended appropriating those names but that's a different conversation for a different time. :lolbron: