So whats the downside of living life on easy mode? (No kids/ no small kids)

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Are there some that do? Sure. But most of the time
Most of the time? Can you give a definitive time amount? And you admit that it's some that do so what are you even trying to argue here?
it usually has nothing to do with them being religious.
So you just didn't like me saying they're usually religious. Well, that's been my personal experience. Most secular and atheistic families don't care as much this is anecdotal though and just my personal experience.
And it didn’t make sense for you to stop reading there because that should have told you that i actually came from the type of family/household that you’re describing.
So actually it does make sense because sounds like you were giving an anecdotal account about your family. Most people are not your family. Everyone doesn't follow your family's religious doctrine.
It is and I admitted you were right about me using colloquialisms. I said, "I just never use quotation marks incorrectly." So this compiling of my quotes was a huge waste of time. lol
I know I was right. Ain't no New York talking ass nikka going to tell me he doesn't use informalities. Rap was born in NY. Ya'll are notorious for playing with the English language and coming up with all types of new and innovative ways of saying shyt.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
A lot of people say "ain't", to.
Beside not only you using the word AINT. Hip-hop legend and native New Yorker has a classic using the word.

And we're on a hip-hop forum where colloquialisms are used all time. Mr.High Standards and "Leftover dead time"

The assumption is that life is so much better without having kids. But most people are living average lives whether they have kids or not so how is it so much better?
Most childfree not even arguing about being Leonardo or playboys. They only start listing off the benefits of being childfree when parents and aspiring parents get to bytching about them not having kids.

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
Most of the time? Can you give a definitive time amount? And you admit that it's some that do so what are you even trying to argue here?

So you just didn't like me saying they're usually religious. Well, that's been my personal experience. Most secular and atheistic families don't care as much this is anecdotal though and just my personal experience.

So actually it does make sense because sounds like you were giving an anecdotal account about your family. Most people are not your family. Everyone doesn't follow your family's religious doctrine.

I know I was right. Ain't no New York talking ass nikka going to tell me he doesn't use informalities. Rap was born in NY. Ya'll are notorious for playing with the English language and coming up with all types of new and innovative ways of saying shyt.
Okay man… you have no more concrete evidence than I do. I’m just giving my perspective from someone who actually comes from and knows a lot of families like the ones you’re talking about. I’ve never once in my life heard someone say their child needs to have kids because GOD says they should. On the other hand, I’ve heard a lot of parents ask for kids so they can have some grand babies. Everything religious people do/say isn’t because of their religion, contrary to popular opinion on this site, lol.

I’d say more, but you’re pretty grounded in your perspective and I’m sure you’ve already generated an opinion about mine as well, so I’m sure I’d just be wasting my time. You got it bruh

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Beside not only you using the word AINT. Hip-hop legend and native New Yorker has a classic using the word.

And we're on a hip-hop forum where colloquialisms are used all time. Mr.High Standards and "Leftover dead time"

Most childfree not even arguing about being Leonardo or playboys. They only start listing off the benefits of being childfree when parents and aspiring parents get to bytching about them not having kids.

You quoting me twice in a row without a reply now? Get out your feelings my G. lol

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Okay man… you have no more concrete evidence than I do.
That's the meaning of the word anecdotal. You can dismiss it just like I dimissed your story about your family. Anecdotal claims can always be dismissed until more evidence is provided.
You quoting me twice in a row without a reply now? Get out your feelings my G. lol
And you stop being such a liar. You're going be some little nikkas father one day if you already AINT now. nikka really talm bout high standards and you're a fukking liar.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
That's the meaning of the word anecdotal. You can dismiss it just like I dimissed your story about your family. Anecdotal claims can always be dismissed until more evidence is provided.

And you stop being such a liar. You're going be some little nikkas father one day if you already AINT now. nikka really talm bout high standards and you're a fukking liar.
What did I lie about? You just assumed what I said applied to EVERYONE and I had to clarified to you I was speaking generally. I'm not a liar, your comprehension is just low.

Prodyson

All Star
Daps

I know what anecdotal means, lol.

Maybe I’ll just put it this way to be more palatable for you instead of assuming you’d understand me in the context of the conversation.

My experience is very different from how you portrayed it to be. Considering my experience, and those of others I know, is different but we come from the types of families you described, maybe you should consider that your experience was possibly unique to you and that you shouldn’t generalize people’s behaviors and perceptions (of which you are not really privy to in any absolute way) in such a definitive fashion. And I’ll do the same.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Maybe I’ll just put it this way to be more palatable for you instead of assuming you’d understand me in the context of the conversation.
I mean you called my personal exeprience bullshyt and then admitted it is people who pressure their kids into having babies. So I didn't see any reason to take it seriously or investigate what you're trying to communicate further. you already said it was parents who do and that was my whole point of mentioning any any potential cons. We both agree there's a potential for people in real life to pressure their kids into having babies or atleast not agree with the decision to be childfree. If you want to say the frequency is low in your experience then go ahead. T

Listening to your anecdote wouldn't falsify or change my experience or world view. Atleast with the other nikka I'm talking to on here someone who's one the fence can see both sides and see what they'll like to do for themselves.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Your usage of colloquialisms just a second ago. And then try to contrast the usage of the word ain't with "high standards".
No, I contrasted using quotation marks properly with high standards. "Ain't" was just an example of something common that is also not correct when you tried to use commonality as a good reason to use quotes wrong.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
No, I contrasted using quotation marks properly with high standards. Ain't was just an example of something common that is also not correct.
Using quotation marks in a hyperbolic statement makes sense as a literary device. Especially in instances of a fictional character or parody of a person.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Using quotation marks in a hyperbolic statement makes sense as a literary device. Especially in instances of a fictional character or parody of a person.
*sigh*
But when you do you have to still quote them verbatim not make up whatever you want. Otherwise, it is incorrect.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
*sigh*
But when you do you have to still quote them verbatim
So in the case of a literary parody or fictional story, the author is restricted to quoting fictional and parody characters verbatim? Can you give me an example of this? How would a fictional character be quoted verbatim by the author writing the story?
not make up whatever you want. Otherwise, it is incorrect.
That' 's usually a standard held if you're writing a peer-reviewed journal or documenting something for a legal matter. And other things meant to be taken seriously. Parodies aren't meant to be taken literally.