So whats the downside of living life on easy mode? (No kids/ no small kids)

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
i’m just speaking as someone who once was a teenage girl in a big family and seen creepy older dudes hanging on the periphery every once in a while:yeshrug:

men who have made the lifestyle choice to be childless bachelors do not be around after a certain age. i only saw my dad’s best friend extremely rarely, he was not bringing that nikka around like that except on once in a lifetime occasions like my brother’s wedding. now he’s pushing 70 and regretting never settling down, but that’s a different story

ya’ll might want it one way but reality hits all of us as we age
Well that sounds like a personal problem within your own family structure and the unsavory people your father consorted with.

I don't know why you're conflating being childless by choice with being creepy and a predator as if your favorite uncle with five kids can't be the biggest child molester in your bloodline.

Plenty of childless people still get married and have relationships with some being the pillars of the family or the one to come through in times of need because they sometimes have more disposable income.

Some people just don't like or want kids, doesn't mean we put off having them just so we can engage in sexual misconduct and debauchery.

Last edited:

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
This is always an interesting argument. It always assumes 2 unrealistic extremes.. most of yall without kids are not living like leonardo dicaprio and will never be some rich playboy.. and most people with kids are not stuck not being able to ever do anything in life except tend to their kids. You can still have a personal life, travel solo etc when you have kids.

I really dont hear anything special folks without kids are doing with their live to be honest. brunch parties? traveling? Where yall even traveling to outside of typical tourist traps, sex tourism counties and instagram thot destinations like Tulum? Most americans are broke with or without kids so there isnt much extravagant travel happening for most people. And Most of yall also are not doing anything really important or impressive with your life anyway. Most people are average and family can give perspective and meaning to the average person. Cause life aint about working a 9 to 5, partying or solo travel. those things get old. And In your late 40s , 50s and beyond you will need something more to be fulfilled.

The question wasn't what's the downside of living like Leonard dicaprio lol

Alot of yall are twisting the question into it being somehow implied that life with no kids is bursting with adventure and joy... that's not wtf I said/ asked/ or implied..

"Easy mode" is living a life where you're not responsible for other humans that you created. All the money you earn, goes to you... Compared to a life where the money you earn gets divided into what you have to do to feed the little creatures you created, sounds like a life set on Easy Mode

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
This is always an interesting argument. It always assumes 2 unrealistic extremes.. most of yall without kids are not living like leonardo dicaprio and will never be some rich playboy.. and most people with kids are not stuck not being able to ever do anything in life except tend to their kids. You can still have a personal life, travel solo etc when you have kids.
No, YOU are assuming we only think in terms of unrealistic extremes. NOBODY who doesn't want kids expects to live the life of Leo DiCaprio. We're not hoping that without kids we can spend our days screwing models and bottle girls, etc... We're saying no to kids because we're living for OURSELVES.

I really dont hear anything special folks without kids are doing with their live to be honest. brunch parties? traveling? Where yall even traveling to outside of typical tourist traps, sex tourism counties and instagram thot destinations like Tulum? Most americans are broke with or without kids so there isnt much extravagant travel happening for most people. And Most of yall also are not doing anything really important or impressive with your life anyway. Most people are average and family can give perspective and meaning to the average person. Cause life aint about working a 9 to 5, partying or solo travel. those things get old. And In your late 40s , 50s and beyond you will need something more to be fulfilled.

Of course you don't because you've trained yourself to dismiss or tune out anything that doesn't confirm your bias. It's the same reason why you're desperate to clown going to brunch or travelling to Tulum.

Most americans are broke with or without kids so there isnt much extravagant travel happening for most people.

Okay AND??? By your own admission most Americans are broke yet you're trying to use it as an excuse for why more of us should have kids???

Every part of your post was seemingly fueled by bitterness and anger to a point where it can't be ignored. Fix that before you to criticize anybody else.

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods

You're being intellectually disingenuous. MOST ppl period won't live the life of DiCaprio. He's an exception to the rule. All that was stated is that time, money and peace is what's usually except when another life isn't your responsibility.

Eastbmore

Man, money ain't got no owners.
Supporter
Daps
I'm child free and plan to be my entire life got a vasectomy.

A few cons.

Some women see it as a red flag to be a certain age and not have at least 1 or two kids usually these are single moms. If you're good-looking to them they'll assume you're a homosexual or on the DL or atleast that's what they got to tell themselves that to be comfortable with your decision. If you're ugly they'll feel sorry for you a little bit cuz in their mind you're too ugly to even get a woman.

Most of your childhood friends will be more invested in spending time with their wife and children. I know some wives even encourage their husbands not to hang out with their single guy friends any longer. Like a slave hanging out with freemen.

Older people in your family usually the religious ones will demonize you for not having kids. I know I got called selfish once. Because obviously what this world needs is more nikkas on it.

If you decide to get a vasectomy some people will view you as a player.

Single moms and old nikkas will low key hate on your decision to be single and child free.

If you want to get married later you might have trouble finding a woman who also wants to be childfree.
Breh nailed a lot of it. I got married and was married for about three years before I got divorced. We didn’t have kids. At that point in my life I wanted a vasectomy because I thought “I’m not trying to get out of a marriage and into another situation that might destroy me financially while I’m out here having fun again”

People may say that it’s weird at the worst, but I’ve never had a woman not want to date me or take me serious since. Many dudes with children will envy, but that’s obvious when you hear another man criticizing your choices while not taking care of their own kids. :dame:

My gf and I have been together now for two years and she’s accepted the fact that we aren’t having kids because it was clear from the start.

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
Breh nailed a lot of it. I got married and was married for about three years before I got divorced. We didn’t have kids. At that point in my life I wanted a vasectomy because I thought “I’m not trying to get out of a marriage and into another situation that might destroy me financially while I’m out here having fun again”

People may say that it’s weird at the worst, but I’ve never had a woman not want to date me or take me serious since. Many dudes with children will envy, but that’s obvious when you hear another man criticizing your choices while not taking care of their own kids. :dame:

My gf and I have been together now for two years and she’s accepted the fact that we aren’t having kids because it was clear from the start.
Real speech: I wouldn't tell a broad I got snipped. If she receives the immaculate conception then it's :camby:

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
These conversations are kinda pointless because it always comes down to what you personally value.

Like the money aspect for example. Having money to spend on just yourself all the time can be as equally satisfying to someone who wants to be able to spoil their kids or provide all their needs

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
These conversations are kinda pointless because it always comes down to what you personally value.

Like the money aspect for example. Having money to spend on just yourself all the time can be as equally satisfying to someone who wants to be able to spoil their kids or provide all their needs
Only difference is your money will never leave you to rot in a nursing home.

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
Real speech: I wouldn't tell a broad I got snipped. If she receives the immaculate conception then it's :camby:

Not telling a woman you got snipped so you could potentially catch her cheating is some weirdo shyt. What exactly is they plan here? She says she wants to try for a baby and you say nothing while pretending you're down for it? They have prenatal paternity tests now so there's no need for this nonsense.

Virtuous_Brotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y’all don’t have the social or family networks for this.

Most of y’all will eventually crack.
This. Some real cool family like friends and/or close nieces or nephews is decent enough as a substitute for kids when you get old but my introverted ass has none of these things so i'd say it's in my very best interest to have kids or my later life finna get extra lonely:sadcam: