So whats the downside of living life on easy mode? (No kids/ no small kids)

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, YOU are assuming we only think in terms of unrealistic extremes. NOBODY who doesn't want kids expects to live the life of Leo DiCaprio. We're not hoping that without kids we can spend our days screwing models and bottle girls, etc... We're saying no to kids because we're living for OURSELVES.

Of course you don't because you've trained yourself to dismiss or tune out anything that doesn't confirm your bias. It's the same reason why you're desperate to clown going to brunch or travelling to Tulum.

Okay AND??? By your own admission most Americans are broke yet you're trying to use it as an excuse for why more of us should have kids???

Every part of your post was seemingly fueled by bitterness and anger to a point where it can't be ignored. Fix that before you to criticize anybody else.
You're being intellectually disingenuous. MOST ppl period won't live the life of DiCaprio. He's an exception to the rule. All that was stated is that time, money and peace is what's usually except when another life isn't your responsibility.
The question wasn't what's the downside of living like Leonard dicaprio lol

Alot of yall are twisting the question into it being somehow implied that life with no kids is bursting with adventure and joy... that's not wtf I said/ asked/ or implied..

"Easy mode" is living a life where you're not responsible for other humans that you created. All the money you earn, goes to you... Compared to a life where the money you earn gets divided into what you have to do to feed the little creatures you created, sounds like a life set on Easy Mode

Yall completly missed the point. Im saying if you were living like leoonardo then I could understand your argument but most of yall are not living like leonardo dicaprio so what exactly are doing that's so special when you say you are "living for yourselves"? Nothing yall are naming are things people with kids cannot do or anything special. Sorry if that triggers yall but its the truth. Plus The average american doesnt even have 1000 saved for an emergency. the average income is 40k a year. One average yall aint earning enough money to even discuss living life on "easy mode" anyway. Truth is the average person without kids Is NOT doing better than those with kids. Statistically the most successful people are married with kids (they have 9x more wealth than single people).

And having successful kids can be an asset if you raise them right. Ive seen kids buy their parents a house and retire them or send them on vacations. That sounds like easy mode to me when you are older.

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
Yall completly missed the point. Im saying if you were living like leoonardo then I could understand your argument but most of yall are not living like leonardo dicaprio so what exactly are doing that's so special when you say you are "living for yourselves"? Nothing yall are naming are things people with kids cannot do or anything special. Sorry if that triggers yall but its the truth. Plus The average american doesnt even have 1000 saved for an emergency. the average income is 40k a year. One average yall aint earning enough money to even discuss living life on "easy mode" anyway. Truth is the average person without kids Is NOT doing better than those with kids. Statistically the most successful people are married with kids (they have 9x more wealth than single people).

And having successful kids can be an asset if you raise them right. Ive seen kids buy their parents a house and retire them or send them on vacations. That sounds like easy mode to me when you are older.

It's not about living life like Leonardo dicaprio.. why you keep using his life as an example I don't know :pachaha:
...and I'm a Leo fan but that's neither here nor there

I will try to explain it another way. My argument isn't that having kids means your life sucks and not having kids means your life is great..

Let's use this analogy:

A guy that works at burger King, with no kids. Compared to a guy who's a software engineer/ thriving business owner with kids...

The bk guy doesn't have to "worry" about his kids next meal, next school, next life choice, next hazard... he can quit his job and the only one that's at risk of starving, is him

Compared to the financially successful engineer with kids. Sure he has money to buy whatever he wants go wherever he wants almost do whatever he wants financially, but even with all those luxuries, he has to "worry" about his kids next meal, next school, next life choice, next hazard. And if he quits his job and allows business to fail, not only will he starve but so will his kids

So as far as life difficultly, I will say the guy with kids has more of a difficult life than the guy that flips burgers.

Easy mode.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The simplest answer is if you want kids there's nothing easy about not having them and vice versa. It is all about what you desire.
- People with kids that don't want or regret having them = bad
- People with kids that want them = good
- People without kids that want kids = bad
- People without kids that don't want kids = good.

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
Plus The average american doesnt even have 1000 saved for an emergency. the average income is 40k a year. One average yall aint earning enough money to even discuss living life on "easy mode
So why the fukk are you trying to talk down on us for NOT having kids? If the average American can't even withstand a $1000 emergency expense, what business do more of us have procreating???

Also, $40k/year goes a lot further when you don't have any other mouths to feed and I really dgaf how you slice it. And all that *"Statistically the most successful people are married with kids"* shyt kinda flies out the window if we just use a little logic. Does being married WITH kids make couples more successful or is it the combining of households and finances? Because I'm pretty sure DINK couples are actually the most financially successful.

You seem to be upset by the use of the term "life on easy mode" when WE never said the shyt, we're just quoting OP? And as far as living the DiCaprio lifestyle, as you can see it's hardly a concern for most people. There's more to life than screwing barely legal white women OR taking your tribe of crumbsnatchers to Legoland every few years.

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
costs-to-raise-a-child-in-2022.png

How Much Does It Cost to Raise a Child in the U.S.?
As of 2022, the average cost of raising a child to age 17 is $310,605. Learn the costs involved and strategies to lower them.

View original
Raising a child can be an emotionally rewarding experience. But it can also be very costly. Statistics from the Brookings Institution, an economic think tank, show that the average middle-income family with two children will spend $310,605 to raise a child born in 2015 up to age 17. That’s a significant jump from the figure published by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), which estimated the overall cost to be $233,610 in 2017 (using 2015 dollars).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You feel lonely at times that's the only downside. Also if you care about that passing on that legacy shyt that could be a downside.
When I hear grown men damn near cry about the amount of child support taken out of their paycheck, or having issues seeing their kid :mjcry:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
I never understood folks opposed to having kids, but own dogs. While kids are definitely more expensive and require more involvement in the first 3 years, the mutual interaction is far more fulfilling. Your 10 year old kid can have full conversations with you, but you are still lucky to decipher they type of bark and tail wag from your 10 year old dog. Every time someone asks me why I don't buy a dog, I simply say, if I need more companionship, I'd rather just have another kid.

Eastbmore

Man, money ain't got no owners.
Supporter
Daps
I never understood folks opposed to having kids, but own dogs. While kids are definitely more expensive and require more involvement in the first 3 years, the mutual interaction is far more fulfilling. Your 10 year old kid can have full conversations with you, but you are still lucky to decipher they type of bark and tail wag from your 10 year old dog. Every time someone asks me why I don't buy a dog, I simply say, if I need more companionship, I'd rather just have another kid.
Kids and dogs aren’t really comparable. People who try to treat dogs as kids are strange. I say that as a dog lover.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Kids and dogs aren’t really comparable. People who try to treat dogs as kids are strange. I say that as a dog lover.
Time is time and money is money. One's ROI on both is comparable regardless of what they are spent on. The best use case of time spent on family vs work is commonly debated. Same with money saved vs a beloved hobby. I see no difference here. The comparison doesn't mean Kids are dogs no more than someone is saying someone's work is their wife. (Well maybe they do).

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A

I witnessed a full blown war on fb over this...

A woman posted something about it being the anniversary of her young child passing away.. another woman commented on her post with "I lost my chihuahua a few months ago, she was my baby, my light blah blah blah..."

So the grieving mother responded aggressively with another post saying "comparing your dead dog to a dead child is the stupidest shyt in the world to me"

So the chihuahua chick got so offended she reposted a screenshot of that post on her feed with "fukk that bytch who she think she is!!! My dog was like my child how dare she" And all her friends jumped in the comments "you right girl fukk her" "who is she" "we should pull up"

:snoop:

TQbrit

Banned
Daps
Depression and loneliness is one of em, humans in a sense are social creatures even introverts like myself can't escape it

But imo the pros vastly outweighs the cons, the thought of having no one but myself depend on me as a 30 year old is tranquil

Everything is exactly how I left it in the house, no crying screaming kids greeting u after work, no worrying about tuition fees, daycare fees etc etc
It's schweeeet

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
I never understood folks opposed to having kids, but own dogs.
Some people are just animal lovers and not baby lovers.
While kids are definitely more expensive and require more involvement in the first 3 years, the mutual interaction is far more fulfilling.
"More Fulfilling" is subjective to the individual. TO ME it's nothing fulfilling or awarding by bringing someone else here on this planet.
Your 10 year old kid can have full conversations with you, but you are still lucky to decipher they type of bark and tail wag from your 10 year old dog.
I don't enjoy conversations with small children. I'm #Catset but if I had to pick between having a ten year old talk to me about the bullshyt on their mind versus a dog barking and tail wagging I pick the dog everytime. Feed it, pet it, play catch the ball, and taking it for walks and to the vet and you're good.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Some people are just animal lovers and not baby lovers.

"More Fulfilling" is subjective to the individual. TO ME it's nothing fulfilling or awarding by bringing someone else here on this planet.

I don't enjoy conversations with small children. I'm #Catset but if I had to pick between having a ten year old talk to me about the bullshyt on their mind versus a dog barking and tail wagging I pick the dog everytime. Feed it, pet it, play catch the ball, and taking it for walks and to the vet and you're good.
Come back when your cat hands you the TV remote when asked. :troll:

ItsPeople

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I know plenty of people with kids that still left their old asses to rot.

if you have no kids there is ZERO chance of them taking care of you, if you have them you have a 50% chance.