So whats the downside of living life on easy mode? (No kids/ no small kids)

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
So in the case of a literary parody or fictional story, the author is restricted to quoting fictional and parody characters verbatim? Can you give me a example of this? How would a fictional character be quoted verbatim by the author writing the story

That' 's usually a standard held if you're writing a peer-reviewed journal or documenting something for a legal matter. And other things meant to be taken seriously. Parodies aren't meant to be taken literal.
Uh, has nothing to do with what happened, I'm not fictional.
There's proper grammar and there isn't no matter the scenario.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Uh, has nothing to do with what happened, I'm not fictional.
There's proper grammar and there isn't no matter the scenario.
I agree you are a tangible person so that must've meant as stated earlier you were being parodied. And anyone can become a parody. That seems to be where you are struggling. And this is straight from the encyclopedia Britannica. Now we're talking about Poe's Law. In a thread about being CF.

YyIeJex.png

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I agree you are a tangible person so that must've meant as stated earlier you were being parodied. And anyone can become a parody. That seems to be where you are struggling. And this is straight from the encyclopedia Britannica. Now we're talking about Poe's Law. In a thread about being CF.

YyIeJex.png
Nice blurb, where's the part where it says you can misquote people using quotation marks for said parody? I don't see it.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Nice blurb,
The encyclopedia Britannica is nice I agree. You have no geniue argument against a childfree lifestyle so now you have to split hairs about literary devices
where's the part where it says you can misquote people using quotation marks for said parody? I don't see it.
So now you trying to argue Poe's Law.

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
I mean you called my personal exeprience bullshyt and then admitted it is people who pressure their kids into having babies. So I didn't see any reason to take it seriously or investigate what you're trying to communicate further. you already said it was parents who do and that was my whole point of mentioning any any potential cons. We both agree there's a potential for people in real life to pressure their kids into having babies or atleast not agree with the decision to be childfree. If you want to say the frequency is low in your experience then go ahead. T

Listening to your anecdote wouldn't falsify or change my experience or world view. Atleast with the other nikka I'm talking to on here someone who's one the fence can see both sides and see what they'll like to do for themselves.
To be fair, I believe I said “half” was bullshyt… not all of it, lol.

And part of what I thought was bullshyt was the reasoning as to why it happened, not that it occurred at all. It obviously happens, but i don’t completely agree with the “why” and that it happens to the extent that you believe.

So again… see my last comment.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Nice blurb, where's the part where it says you can misquote people using quotation marks for said parody? I don't see it.
And since you want to be that petty here's Grammarly saying quotation marks can be found in fictional writings as well nikka.

CkCaJFl.png

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
To be fair, I believe I said “half” was bullshyt… not all of it, lol.

And part of what I thought was bullshyt was the reasoning as to why it happened, not that it occurred at all. It obviously happens, but i don’t completely agree with the “why” and that it happens to the extent that you believe.

So again… see my last comment.
This better be some groundbreaking shyt or something that can spark better dialogue on the topic.

Can you please quote the post you would like for me to read in it's entirety? I will read it.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The encyclopedia Britannica is nice I agree. You have no geniue argument against a childfree lifestyle so now you have to split hairs about literary devices

So now you trying to argue Poe's Law.
A desire to have kids is all you need. There is no argument, this is about preference, I'm not trying to get you to have kids. I was just laying out the pros to having kids. And you rejected them which is fine, thus your lifestyle choice.
No I'm not, just that you used quotation marks incorrectly.

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
married 12 years (with woman 17) no kids

it's nice! it's hard to get to this point in life, but im not a guy thats going to talk about how much better my situation us than someone else. these online discussions paint things in such broad strokes, no two lives are similar. some men yearn to leave a legacy or build a strong family, that was never my thing, i hope to leave a legacy in some other ways as i enter my 40s

the only thing i can say for sure. all my friends who had kids are in a much better place now, but the ones that had em early? they struggled, greatly. it was hard then, its harder now. i dont envy new parents, shyt is expensive and extra stressful

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
But you were making up fake quotes about me. I'm real not fictional. You used them wrong just admit it. lol
Yes but the parody about you is fictional dumb ass. Holy shyt you're slow. Quotation marks can be used in ficitional writings.
S0EPsGR.png

@Jermaine Colington I found it I don't disagree with anything really.
As a married man with two children with a fairly religious family… half of what you’re saying, especially about how people will perceive your decision, is bullshyt, lol. Millennials and Gen Z’ers especially don’t care as much about having kids.
We both agree the younger generations care less about folks being CF.
Most people don’t care outside of your parents. They don’t think any less of you and, in fact, they probably envy the lack of responsibility you have to some degree.
I agree most people in our society don't care about each other personal life decisions to be CF. I also agree a lot of people can be envious. Nothing to talk about here.
The part about wives not wanting their husbands to hang out with single friends not common in my experience.
I didn't claim it was common it's just a possibility and we actually had a female poster in this very thread say she wouldn't want a childless man around her family.
The issue is usually WHERE you’re going with them. Going to places like clubs and strip clubs without your wife when you’re married doesn’t make much sense. Most wives don’t care if you go play golf or got to a concert/music festival with your single friends.
I agree. It's nothing to debate.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yes but the parody about you is fictional dumb ass. Holy shyt you're slow. Quotation marks can be used in fictional writtings.
S0EPsGR.png

@Jermaine Colington I found it I don't disagree with anything really.

We both agree the younger generations care less about folks being CF.

I agree most people in our society don't care about each other personal life decisions to be CF. I also agree a lot of people can be envious. Nothing to talk about here.

I didn't claim it was common it's just a possibility and we actually had a female poster in this very thread say she wouldn't want a childless man around her family.

I agree. It's nothing to debate.
So you made up a fictional version of me and then attributed fictional quotes to the fictional version to use against the real me in a discussion?
What in the entire fukk?! 😂