So What Should Obama have done for black people?

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
Apparently, Congress blocked around 500 bills that President Obama's proposed.

:mjpls:However, he did sign a executive order to improve educational opportunities for Hispanics.

I have yet to find a specific Executive specifically targeted towards us. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I want to be wrong....:hubie:Could he have done more for the black community? The answer is yes but not alone. Congress has the power to create bills that can defund executive orders.

Executive Order 13555 of October 19, 2010

White House Initiative On Educational Excellence For Hispanics

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, to restore the country to its role as the global leader in education, to strengthen the Nation by expanding educational opportunities and improving educational outcomes for Hispanics and Latinos (Hispanics) of all ages, and to help ensure that all Hispanics receive an education that properly prepares them for college, productive careers, and satisfying lives, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1. Policy.
At more than 52 million strong, including 4 million in Puerto Rico, Hispanics constitute the country's largest and fastest growing minority group. They have had a profound and positive impact on our country through, among other things, their community's strong commitment to family, faith, hard work, and service. Many Hispanics contribute to this Nation bilingually in the English and Spanish languages — a true asset for our country in an increasingly global, interdependent world.

Hispanic students are the largest minority group in our Nation's schools, numbering more than 11 million in our public elementary and secondary school system, and constituting more than 22 percent of all pre-K–12 students. Hispanic students face educational challenges of crisis proportions. Fewer than half of all Hispanic children participate in early childhood education programs, and far too few Hispanic students graduate from high school; of those who do complete high school, many are not adequately prepared for college. Only 12 percent of adult Hispanics have a bachelor's degree, and just 3 percent have completed graduate or professional degree programs. At the same time, large numbers of Hispanic adults lack the education or literacy skills they need to advance their careers; they also are less likely than members of other groups to have taken job- or career-related courses, with the exception of basic education classes, such as English as a second language.

Our country was built on and continues to thrive on its diversity, and there is no doubt that the future of the United States is inextricably linked to the future of the Hispanic community. To reach the ambitious education goals we have set for our Nation, as well as to ensure equality of opportunity for all, we must provide the opportunities that will enable Hispanic students to raise their educational attainment at every level of the American education system. America's future competitiveness in our global economy will be substantially enhanced by improving educational outcomes for Hispanics.

Sec. 2. White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanics.
(a)   Establishment. There is established the White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanics (Initiative), to be housed in the Department of Education (Department). The mission of the Initiative shall be to help restore the United States to its role as the global leader in education and to strengthen the Nation by expanding educational opportunities and improving educational outcomes for Hispanics of all ages and by helping to ensure that all Hispanics receive a complete and competitive education that prepares them for college, a career, and productive and satisfying lives.
(b)   Initiative Administration. There shall be an Executive Director of the Initiative, to be appointed by the Secretary of Education (Secretary). The Initiative shall be advised by the Commission established under section 3 of this order and supported by the Working Group established under subsection (c) of this section. The Department shall provide the staff, resources, and assistance for the Initiative and the Working Group. To the extent permitted by law, departments, agencies, and offices represented on the Working Group shall provide resources, including personnel detailed to the Initiative, to assist the Department in meeting the objectives of this order.
(c)   Interagency Working Group.

(1)   There is established the Federal Interagency Working Group on Educational Excellence for Hispanics (Working Group), which shall be convened and chaired by the Initiative's Executive Director.
(2)   The Working Group shall consist of senior officials from the Department, the White House Domestic Policy Council, the Department of Labor, and the Department of Health and Human Services, as well as such additional departments, agencies, and offices as the President may designate. Senior officials shall be designated by the heads of their respective departments, agencies, and offices.
(3)   The Initiative's Executive Director may establish subgroups of the Working Group to focus on different aspects of the educational system or educational challenges facing Hispanics, such as early childhood education, K−12 education, higher education, career and technical education, language acquisition, and adult education.
(d)   Initiative Objectives.

Sec. 4. General Provisions. 
(a)   This order supersedes Executive Order 13230 of October 12, 2001.
(b)   This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

Barack Obama
The White House,
October 19, 2010.
[FR Doc. 2010–27004 Filed 10–21–10; 11:15 am]
Billing Code 3195–W1–P
What will it do for them?

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Apparently, Congress blocked around 500 bills that President Obama's proposed.

:mjpls:However, he did sign a executive order to improve educational opportunities for Hispanics.

I have yet to find a specific Executive specifically targeted towards us. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I want to be wrong....:hubie:Could he have done more for the black community? The answer is yes but not alone. Congress has the power to create bills that can defund executive orders.

Executive Order 13555 of October 19, 2010

White House Initiative On Educational Excellence For Hispanics

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, to restore the country to its role as the global leader in education, to strengthen the Nation by expanding educational opportunities and improving educational outcomes for Hispanics and Latinos (Hispanics) of all ages, and to help ensure that all Hispanics receive an education that properly prepares them for college, productive careers, and satisfying lives, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1. Policy.
At more than 52 million strong, including 4 million in Puerto Rico, Hispanics constitute the country's largest and fastest growing minority group. They have had a profound and positive impact on our country through, among other things, their community's strong commitment to family, faith, hard work, and service. Many Hispanics contribute to this Nation bilingually in the English and Spanish languages — a true asset for our country in an increasingly global, interdependent world.

Hispanic students are the largest minority group in our Nation's schools, numbering more than 11 million in our public elementary and secondary school system, and constituting more than 22 percent of all pre-K–12 students. Hispanic students face educational challenges of crisis proportions. Fewer than half of all Hispanic children participate in early childhood education programs, and far too few Hispanic students graduate from high school; of those who do complete high school, many are not adequately prepared for college. Only 12 percent of adult Hispanics have a bachelor's degree, and just 3 percent have completed graduate or professional degree programs. At the same time, large numbers of Hispanic adults lack the education or literacy skills they need to advance their careers; they also are less likely than members of other groups to have taken job- or career-related courses, with the exception of basic education classes, such as English as a second language.

Our country was built on and continues to thrive on its diversity, and there is no doubt that the future of the United States is inextricably linked to the future of the Hispanic community. To reach the ambitious education goals we have set for our Nation, as well as to ensure equality of opportunity for all, we must provide the opportunities that will enable Hispanic students to raise their educational attainment at every level of the American education system. America's future competitiveness in our global economy will be substantially enhanced by improving educational outcomes for Hispanics.

Sec. 2. White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanics.
(a)   Establishment. There is established the White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanics (Initiative), to be housed in the Department of Education (Department). The mission of the Initiative shall be to help restore the United States to its role as the global leader in education and to strengthen the Nation by expanding educational opportunities and improving educational outcomes for Hispanics of all ages and by helping to ensure that all Hispanics receive a complete and competitive education that prepares them for college, a career, and productive and satisfying lives.
(b)   Initiative Administration. There shall be an Executive Director of the Initiative, to be appointed by the Secretary of Education (Secretary). The Initiative shall be advised by the Commission established under section 3 of this order and supported by the Working Group established under subsection (c) of this section. The Department shall provide the staff, resources, and assistance for the Initiative and the Working Group. To the extent permitted by law, departments, agencies, and offices represented on the Working Group shall provide resources, including personnel detailed to the Initiative, to assist the Department in meeting the objectives of this order.
(c)   Interagency Working Group.

(1)   There is established the Federal Interagency Working Group on Educational Excellence for Hispanics (Working Group), which shall be convened and chaired by the Initiative's Executive Director.
(2)   The Working Group shall consist of senior officials from the Department, the White House Domestic Policy Council, the Department of Labor, and the Department of Health and Human Services, as well as such additional departments, agencies, and offices as the President may designate. Senior officials shall be designated by the heads of their respective departments, agencies, and offices.
(3)   The Initiative's Executive Director may establish subgroups of the Working Group to focus on different aspects of the educational system or educational challenges facing Hispanics, such as early childhood education, K−12 education, higher education, career and technical education, language acquisition, and adult education.
(d)   Initiative Objectives.

Sec. 4. General Provisions. 
(a)   This order supersedes Executive Order 13230 of October 12, 2001.
(b)   This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

Barack Obama
The White House,
October 19, 2010.
[FR Doc. 2010–27004 Filed 10–21–10; 11:15 am]
Billing Code 3195–W1–P
President Obama Signs Executive Order Promoting Excellence, Innovation and Sustainability at Historically Black Colleges and Universities

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
how bout what he should NOT have done....

we aint even gotta bring up how he talked down to black folks every chance he got... and signed blue lives matter laws...

how bout the bill he signed may 20 2016 thats removin the word negro from federal laws????

u know how black folks been labeled negroes till recently...

thats a slick way of removin slavery from americas history, he did that to protect the federal government legally from any kinda reparations lawsuit....

i know yall remember how the united nations was askin america to pay reparations...

couple months later obama signs this bill..

and it passed UNANIMOUSLY wit 380 votes :wow:

u wanna know how obama feels bout black folks, he showed us when he signed that bill this year....

and we still got all these c00ns still defendin him for nothing....
You're a disingenuous moron.
"Negro" was replaced with African-American, and "Oriental" was replaced with Asian-American.
Do you even Google the BS you post?

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
-I wanted Obama to wear a dashiki and read Malcolm X quotes in The Situation Room and the West Wing of the White House during serious decision making times.
-I wanted him to make an album with Jay-Z called THE BLACK HOUSE.
-I wanted him to call Paul Ryan, WHITEY and talk about how WHITEY keeps blocking his push for legislation in Congress.
-I wanted Obama to come to the hood, play a game of 21 on the court, cross over everyone and hit the game winning shot.
-I wanted Obama to tell Romney that he'd send goons to Romney's crib and fukk his whole shyt up during the 2012 debates.
-I wanted Obama to tell Trump to run the fade on white house lawn 1 on 1 so Michelle can see how much of a real nikka her husband is.
-I wanted Obama to have two pitbulls with him at all times.
-I wanted Obama to show up at State of the Union addresses wearing black panther clothing including the hat and shades.
-I wanted Obama to threaten Congress by threatening to unleash his pitbulls on them every time they blocked his legislation.
-I wanted Obama to tell Romney in 2012 that the reason he can't be President is because in 88 he was getting chased to his building.

:dwillhuh:

:mjgrin:

:mjlol:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
how about not allow police to kill us in cold blood because they hate black people?

If Ob-am-a can stop the pipe line for Native Americans he can fukking stop the police from killing blacks for sport.

If you disagree with me you are a c00n or a cac. So fukk you.

:mjlol:

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
"The president is just a puppet he can't do anything :sadcam:"

Same ones scared of Trump.

Either the presidency allows you power or not.

We're asking what he did for black folks and everyone here is just caping for him and making excuses just because he's the 1st black president.
Trump is a white republican president elect with a majority white republican house and senate. Barack is a black democrat president with a majority white republican house and senate. One is going to most likely be playing patty cake with congress while the other has been playing tug o war with them.

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
In a nutshell, its a initiative that will afford better educational opportunities to Hispanics.
I got that, I guess like, how? Like is it allocating funds or something like that? It didn't give a lot of detail. I aint being argumentative or nothing, just wondering.

ahdsend

Superstar
Daps
You're a disingenuous moron.
"Negro" was replaced with African-American, and "Oriental" was replaced with Asian-American.
Do you even Google the BS you post?

yea thats the point....

nobody was sayin they were AFRICAN AMERICAN before jesse jackson....

if reparations ever happened alotta white folks could call themselves AAs wit the one drop rule...

like all the 5 dollar indians that came outta nowhere back in the day

but with NEGRO, theres no confusion... cuz black folks were enslaved for one reason only, thats skin color...

with this bill they dont recognize that classification no more....

so the federal government cant be obligated to pay out reparations to a people that "legally" dont exist....

this aint bout obama not doin anything... hes gone outta his way to shyt on black folks...

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Nah, people are failing him because they are judging him on theoreticals and not looking at what was actually possible.

People are failing him because they are comparing a simple issue like a gas pipeline or gay marriage, to reversing the effects of 400 years of systemic oppression.

I do think that Obama should have tried to do more, only because we entrusted him to make the effort. But I feel like he focused on what he could get done, and not propose some unrealistic sh*t that would get shot down and probably cause his ass to be impeached, just to make us happy.
As long as we agree that Black people failed him and not the other way around.

:salute:

The damage we did to his legacy keeps me up at night.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reading through everything he tried to do that was blocked by Congress, as well as what he was able to do, the massive amount of negativity I've seen surrounding his Presidential efforts just seems plain old disingenuous.
Not only that the negativity you see is not evenough real in reality he has a 55% approval rating which is insanely high at the end of a presidency.

BodeineBrazy

hehehehehehehehehe
Daps
Reppin
Philly, Norfside
Obama singed the GMO bill with no problem, but police reform is just to much to ask huh?
kobemoresteelface.gif

how do u reform police? im confused