So What Should Obama have done for black people?

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
For 1 he could've put some time of limit on how far potential employers can legally go with background checks for jobs where the shyt isn't relevant. Black men in his home town are getting denied bullshyt jobs because of dope cases and other bullshyt they caught in the 70s.

He supposedly from Chicago, at least of 3rd of these nikkas have backgrounds. There's already a lack of opportunities on the southside then compounded with having a background on top of that and see why a lot these cats don't give a fukk about anything. A lot of nikkas just straight up say fukk it

Instead of sucking Mexican immigrant dikk and trying to pass legislation to help them stay here, he could've passed legislation to be on these employers asses for doing the backdoor shyt to hire these immigrants because they fukk up any place they get in. I don't give a fukk what their situations are, they are anti black in every way shape and form. Obamas immigration plan alone is enough to say fukk that nikka outside of everything else.

A lot of these nikkas caping for Obama don't really have experience outside of their little bubbles. Only job opportunities I've seen increase since he's been elected is temp services, unemployment numbers only count for people that are collecting unemployment insurance so I don't know why clowns keep mentioning that like it means something. I live in his home city surrounded by millions of nikkas and huge percentage of us are either not working or underemployed.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Breh, it's not as if the Latino community and other communities asked specifically for those specific executive orders or specific bills Obama enacted or openly supported in there behalf. They usually have a general demand and are simply very pushy about it.

For example, the Latinos asked Obama to not deport entire families when once of them was undocumented. Obama first said that wasn't possible, that he is only president and that there's only so much he can do. You know...the same shyt he tells black people all the damn time.

Then suddenly, to the surprise of everyone...DACA and DAPA are enacted via executive order by Obama. Said executive order have been challenged from a constitutional standpoint and the Obama administration knew it was a possibility both orders could be struck down. Yet, he signed off on it anyway.

Same principles applies to the Dream Act. Latino community wants a general demand: no deportation for people who came to the country illegal when they were children. It's not as if it was the Latino community that came up with that exactly piece of legislation. It was congress who came up with that idea.

The bottomline is, it is the politician's responsibility to come up with the specific ideas to solve problems. That is their job. That is what they were elected for. Not to mention, that is literally--at least in theory--their expertise. They are the ones who know the nuts and bolts of local, state, and/or federal law, not your average civilian.

The difference between black people and the latino voting bloc, for example, is that the latinos are far more pushy about their demands and put pressure on their politicians. The same Obama who said--and I'm paraphrasing here--that he couldn't just pull an executive order to mitigate the immigration situation out of nowhere...literally did just that, TWICE. Why? Because the latinos were putting pressure on him and the dems and the Dems didn't want to fight for the latino vote heavy during election time and preferred nabbing it right then and there.

Meanwhile, the black voting bloc simply let's shyt slide over and over and over again. We vote democrat out of habit, not because they do shyt for us like that. To make matters worse, we don't even check the politicians we support. Once we vote for said politician, we don't do shyt. And in some cases, those that do try to check said politician, and Obama in particular, gets attacked and shamed.

Reality is, most black people were just happy that he was in the white house. We didn't treat him like an elected official, we treated him almost like a celebrity. And he knew it.

To answer the thread's question, I simply wanted Obama to treat black people the way he treats everyone else. Problem is, he knows that he has the black vote in the bag, thus he doesn't feel the need to do shyt specifically for us, aside for giving us a few (possibly condescending) speeches though. So why should he do anything for us specifically, when he knows damn well that he can pretty much get away with not doing a damn thing, and that people will defend him on the daily for his non-actions?

There it is....Obama was doing what he was doing and WE, the black electorate put NO pressure on him whatsoever. In fact, those who DID speak out against him (i.e. Tavis Smiley and Cornell West) where totally vilified by African-american media and press. So don't blame HIM for that, we can look at no one but ourselves.

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
Me, personally?

I think a free ice cream Thursday would've been nice...

...I have a very poor grasp on politics.

MrPentatonic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, it's not as if the Latino community and other communities asked specifically for those specific executive orders or specific bills Obama enacted or openly supported in there behalf. They usually have a general demand and are simply very pushy about it.

For example, the Latinos asked Obama to not deport entire families when once of them was undocumented. Obama first said that wasn't possible, that he is only president and that there's only so much he can do. You know...the same shyt he tells black people all the damn time.

Then suddenly, to the surprise of everyone...DACA and DAPA are enacted via executive order by Obama. Said executive order have been challenged from a constitutional standpoint and the Obama administration knew it was a possibility both orders could be struck down. Yet, he signed off on it anyway.

Same principles applies to the Dream Act. Latino community wants a general demand: no deportation for people who came to the country illegal when they were children. It's not as if it was the Latino community that came up with that exactly piece of legislation. It was congress who came up with that idea.

The bottomline is, it is the politician's responsibility to come up with the specific ideas to solve problems. That is their job. That is what they were elected for. Not to mention, that is literally--at least in theory--their expertise. They are the ones who know the nuts and bolts of local, state, and/or federal law, not your average civilian.

The difference between black people and the latino voting bloc, for example, is that the latinos are far more pushy about their demands and put pressure on their politicians. The same Obama who said--and I'm paraphrasing here--that he couldn't just pull an executive order to mitigate the immigration situation out of nowhere...literally did just that, TWICE. Why? Because the latinos were putting pressure on him and the dems and the Dems didn't want to fight for the latino vote heavy during election time and preferred nabbing it right then and there.

Meanwhile, the black voting bloc simply let's shyt slide over and over and over again. We vote democrat out of habit, not because they do shyt for us like that. To make matters worse, we don't even check the politicians we support. Once we vote for said politician, we don't do shyt. And in some cases, those that do try to check said politician, and Obama in particular, gets attacked and shamed.

Reality is, most black people were just happy that he was in the white house. We didn't treat him like an elected official, we treated him almost like a celebrity. And he knew it.

To answer the thread's question, I simply wanted Obama to treat black people the way he treats everyone else. Problem is, he knows that he has the black vote in the bag, thus he doesn't feel the need to do shyt specifically for us, aside for giving us a few (possibly condescending) speeches though. So why should he do anything for us specifically, when he knows damn well that he can pretty much get away with not doing a damn thing, and that people will defend him on the daily for his non-actions?

good post

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
There it is....Obama was doing what he was doing and WE, the black electorate put NO pressure on him whatsoever. In fact, those who DID speak out against him (i.e. Tavis Smiley and Cornell West) where totally vilified by African-american media and press. So don't blame HIM for that, we can look at no one but ourselves.

But again there is something called having dignity man. Or actually showing you have pride in being Black. You would think him being Black would have him realize this shyt is fukked up let me do something even though my people aren't putting pressure on me. shyt nobody even brings this up but i believe from 2014 onwards there were bills in Congress related to criminal justice reform that had bipartisan support from Dems and Republicans and even Ted Cruz and Rand Paul was supporting it. I forget the names of several of them but Cory Booker was one of the cosponsors. The point is we have people like Ted Cruz who blocked everything Obama wanted who was even supporting bills like that and yet Obama not once asked Congress to bring that forward. WHY? After telling you this there is no excuse you can give for him doing that. There is literally none.

The bills were not the most spectacular thing but at least it is something.

Yep you pretty much said everything in my head. These guys do not get it. The point is with other groups that he tried. shyt we talk about Latinos, but even with Native American groups and Jews of all people he did something with land settlement and additional reparation money for both groups. And we get "My Brother's Keeper", a program where many of the money invested is in white corporations instead of black businesses, especially black banks. He had a program like that with all that money and couldn't even have the common sense to realize maybe this money in My Brother's Keeper should go to Black banks so they can build more branches in other states so Black people can have more accounts and even be hired more from these very banks. But he uses the money for garbage like Nike and Capital One banks.

Now....I have HEARD a rumor going around, he plans to finally do that executive order people asked for years to change marijuana from a schedule 1 drug to a different classification. I'm not holding my breathe but even in this case the rumor is that he will only move it to a schedule 2 drug...Again a rumor but that is just pathetic, he never ever ever ever aims big. If your allegedly gonna do something like that, then go all the way and make it a schedule 4 drug.

Right now there are alot of petitions asking to do a complete pardon of non violent offenders for drug crimes. I think they said its up to like 80,000 or something. Now if he gets some balls and actually does that in the next month...again im not holding my breathe....but if he does something like that, that will be the main thing to save his legacy with black america. But even then you have these newly released people in a world with the most racist president in a generation and no jobs program for them

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
how bout what he should NOT have done....

we aint even gotta bring up how he talked down to black folks every chance he got... and signed blue lives matter laws...

how bout the bill he signed may 20 2016 thats removin the word negro from federal laws????

u know how black folks been labeled negroes till recently...

thats a slick way of removin slavery from americas history, he did that to protect the federal government legally from any kinda reparations lawsuit....

i know yall remember how the united nations was askin america to pay reparations...

couple months later obama signs this bill..

and it passed UNANIMOUSLY wit 380 votes :wow:

u wanna know how obama feels bout black folks, he showed us when he signed that bill this year....

and we still got all these c00ns still defendin him for nothing....
what?:dwillhuh:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I was watching a video awhile back on the good things that came out of George W. Bush's presidency, and I never knew that dude did a lot for Africa. Like I was t shocked.

:manny: He was still a shytty US President though but props to him for all of that stuff.

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

But what does that say about Obama that he's taking advantage of such support, over and over again? Are we supposed to let that slide? Are we not supposed to call him out for it?

When folks are getting unjustly killed, sometimes in broad daylight and even with camera footage, and neither he or his administration even attempts anything impactful that will directly address the problem or send a message...what does that say about him?

Bill Clinton, for example, had a lot of (strong) black support in the 90s, yet passed a lot of crime bills that negatively affected black people. Does that mean we can't criticize him or that he holds no responsibility just because he had black support at the time?

Last edited:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
But what does that say about Obama that he's taking advantage of such support, over and over again? Are we supposed to let that slide? Are we not supposed to call him out for it?

When folks are getting unjustly killed, sometimes in broad daylight and even with camera footage, and neither he or his administration even attempts anything impactful that will directly address the problem or send a message...what does that say about him?

Bill Clinton, for example, had a lot of (strong) black support in the 90s, yet passed a lot of crime bills that negatively affected black people. Does that mean we can't criticize him or that he holds no responsibility just because he had black support at the time?

It's called shrewd politics. We mustn't forget that his job is being a politician first and foremost. The fact that we gave him a free pass is not his fault its ours.

What he's supposed to say "WHY AINT BLACK FOLKS ASKING ME FOR STUFF?!"

Nah, he's gon keep it moving and do what he needs to do to be re-elected and or govern with minimal controversy, which he basically did. We can talk about benevolence and righteous indignation all day, it means nothing if ain't no paper/money behind it. Stop appealing to the humanity of a system that has none. Its about money and influence. Something that we seem to constantly not understand.

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
You talk about passing laws through Congress and the Senate.

When Obama took over he had a majority democratic senate and Congress and still failed to get sh#t passed.

Obama has used the executive order more then any other president In history, so yes if he wanted to do something for us he could of.

More funding for small black businesses
More funding towards improvements to inner city Schools.
Grants for job training

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
It's called shrewd politics. We mustn't forget that his job is being a politician first and foremost. The fact that we gave him a free pass is not his fault its ours.

To me it goes both ways. It shows Obama's intentions are far as black people are concerned (often condescending and doesn't seem to care much, if he ever did). It also shows that a lot of black people, conversely, just wanted him to be there. Black people, as a collective, basically supported someone who more or less acted no differently than most white politicians, liberal or not.

EDIT: btw, just because someone does some fukked up shyt and doesn't get called out for it at the time, doesn't mean said action wasn't fukked and doesn't deserves to be called out. We've been calling out Bill Clinton and Hillary for the many things they did in the past when they had lots of black support back then. Why not Obama?

What he's supposed to say "WHY AINT BLACK FOLKS ASKING ME FOR STUFF?!"

Nah, he's gon keep it moving and do what he needs to do to be re-elected and or govern with minimal controversy, which he basically did. We can talk about benevolence and righteous indignation all day, it means nothing if ain't no paper/money behind it. Stop appealing to the humanity of a system that has none. Its about money and influence. Something that we seem to constantly not understand.

I'm not trying to appeal to one's humanity. I and many others are simply trying to do our part as voters when the people we once strongly supported starts acting on some bullshyt.

Here's the thing though: it's hard for black voters who wanted to call Obama out to do so when he has a bunch of people, some of them borderline shills, ready to protect him for EVERYTHING.

The thing is, he knows he has that protection. He knows he has those shills. We aren't just talking about your everyday voter, we are talking about relatively rich/connected/powerful people in black America. They did what they had to do to protect him at all times. As you mentioned, when Tavis and Cornell West started calling Obama out, all those people came out calling them all types of names.

Lastly, our back-and-forth is pretty much answering the "Has Obama done something specifically for black people" question quite clearly. The answer is obviously no, as anything Obama signed off that somehow benefited black people was actually part of a bigger package, or intended to benefit multiple people in the first place. To make matters worse, you could argue that he has often gone the "benign neglect" approach in a way.

The problem is, too many people are giving him a pass. Both those who are giving Obama a pass for everything, and Obama himself for basically ignoring his strongest supporters during important times in these 7-8 years deserve to get called out, and I'll continue to do so.

Last edited:

TheAnalyst504

Rookie
Daps
Cats been sleep at the wheel.

They could have pressed Obama for Reparations in the form of Small Business Grants, Free Associate Level Degrees/Apprenticeships, preference on low interest home loans for like150k., and tax incentives for spending black.

Furthermore, he could have pushed to give organizations funding to push and inform blacks of these reperartions.

Gotta push the activities that build wealth.