So we agree that The Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2 are both underwhelming...(INEVITABLE SPOILERS)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
damn you think Garfield is a shytty spidey AND peter parker? :ohhh:

No I think he's dope at both and the best so far at both. @ExodusNirvana has stated previously how he feels about Andrew's Peter and I disagree with him so I'm just saluting him out of respect lol. Andrew nails both portrayals to me. The wit of Spider-Man and the guilt of Peter and even the beat up nature of Peter. When he's in the suit, he feels invincible but once that suit is off, he has to deal with his real life and Andrew is great at portraying that sense of the world being on his shoulders once the mask comes off. Peter hasn't been "stereotypical" nerdy in decades and he shouldn't be now because as our culture grows, our heroes are often redefined for a new generation. What it meant to be nerdy and geeky in the 60s isn't what it means to be nerdy and geeky now and the main thing about Peter is that he's an outcast; he's a guy who doesn't quite fit and that hasn't changed with how Andrew portrays him. He's at ease in the suit and at ease with his aunt and Gwen which is how it should be

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
No I think he's dope at both and the best so far at both. @ExodusNirvana has stated previously how he feels about Andrew's Peter and I disagree with him so I'm just saluting him out of respect lol. Andrew nails both portrayals to me. The wit of Spider-Man and the guilt of Peter and even the beat up nature of Peter. When he's in the suit, he feels invincible but once that suit is off, he has to deal with his real life and Andrew is great at portraying that sense of the world being on his shoulders once the mask comes off. Peter hasn't been "stereotypical" nerdy in decades and he shouldn't be now because as our culture grows, our heroes are often redefined for a new generation. What it meant to be nerdy and geeky in the 60s isn't what it means to be nerdy and geeky now and the main thing about Peter is that he's an outcast; he's a guy who doesn't quite fit and that hasn't changed with how Andrew portrays him. He's at ease in the suit and at ease with his aunt and Gwen which is how it should be
This sounds like some shyt a producer would say :birdman:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The whole fam doesn't go out to see action movies either :wtf:

You really taking your mother and your sister to watch these type of flicks?
Your girlfriend is in really into chuck Norris and Adam sander?
You're living in denial if you can't see comic book movies are aimed at children/families. Why do you think theyre all stuffed with corny humour and never go above pg ratings.

:russ: @ you saying action film like it can be lumped in with the expendables.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This sounds like some shyt a producer would say

:what: are you kidding me breh? so because I disagree with you on how Peter Parker is and how characters are updated, like Batman, like James Bond, then that's a producer? No, it's literature. It's something you learn in any lit class or screenwriting class, it's one of the first things you're taught and it's something comic book writers say on the regular: making the characters relevant so that they fit into a modern context. It's the reason why hawkeye is such a dope ass comic right now and the reason spider-man is still selling to this day. If they kept him like they did in the 60s in 2014, the comic would've been dead at this point because every writer who has two working brain cells understands that basic concept of literature. I told you I respected where you came from so we can agree to disagree but don't come at me with that producer talk bullshyt. I know the character breh, ease up

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
:what: are you kidding me breh? so because I disagree with you on how Peter Parker is and how characters are updated, like Batman, like James Bond, then that's a producer? No, it's literature. It's something you learn in any lit class or screenwriting class, it's one of the first things you're taught and it's something comic book writers say on the regular: making the characters relevant so that they fit into a modern context. It's the reason why hawkeye is such a dope ass comic right now and the reason spider-man is still selling to this day. If they kept him like they did in the 60s in 2014, the comic would've been dead at this point because every writer who has two working brain cells understands that basic concept of literature. I told you I respected where you came from so we can agree to disagree but don't come at me with that producer talk bullshyt. I know the character breh, ease up
Nope. Sorry breh. Sounds exactly what a movie producer would say to justify changes that did'nt need to be made. I'm not the only one who feels this way.

This was not an update and it's not a literary adjustment. This was a movie studio ploy to appeal to a demographic to increase ticket sales.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Nope. Sorry breh. Sounds exactly what a movie producer would say to justify changes that did'nt need to be made. I'm not the only one who feels this way.

This was not an update and it's not a literary adjustment. This was a movie studio ploy to appeal to a demographic to increase ticket sales.

Come on now son you know damn well that as a writer, you're going to update characters. I can't speak for appealing to x demographic or y demographic because I don't give a damn, but the core of Peter Parker is guilt, being an outcast, trying to get the best out of people, being in his own head, incredibly gifted with a big heart, but prone to making mistakes even when he's trying to do the right thing. so tell me out of all that, what is Andrew missing?

And it's cool if you're not the only one who feels that way but that isn't going to make me change my view. Especially because like I said, we can do straw man arguments all day, I can say I have people who agree with me because there are but what does it matter? It's going around in circles. My basic point is, the character of Peter has not been fundamentally changed and if you think him rocking spectacles, being stereotypical nerdy, and tripping over his words would make him more Peter Parker, then good for you, we just agree to disagree on that one

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Is it though? I can get a group of friends who grew up watching spider man in the 90s on Fox and they side with Andrew more than Tobey. Don't do the straw man argument breh because it can be done either which way. My friends prefer Andrew, I prefer Andrew and obviously we aren't the only ones. :yeshrug: if you disagree cool
you don't have any friends. :camby:

:troll: naw im playing but it is a pretty wide belief that tobey nailed parker and garfield nailed spiderman.
your friends just be in the minority.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
You're living in denial if you can't see comic book movies are aimed at children/families. Why do you think theyre all stuffed with corny humour and never go above pg ratings.

:russ: @ you saying action film like it can be lumped in with the expendables.
Imagines the horrible the parent that takes their kids to dark knight. :patrice:

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
So when asm 2 passes cap 2, what will you say? You atill havent addressed the fact if neighbors came out in cap 2s second week it would have beat it as well.

But dont let truth get in the way of your marvel fantasies.

You know, like the one where asm 1 made more money then every marvel universe film sans iron man 3 and avengers.

Sorry but Cap 2 holds and eats into it's audience. The young adults(men in particular) didn't come back for/weren't interested in Spider-Man. That's why they all flocked to Neighbours. They definitely would have come back for Cap, which means Neighbours opens up much lower.

With a whopping $200M marketing budget and brand appeal it should have beaten Cap 2 by a landslide, but that's not going to happen. Cap will finish with around $720M(Great for a C+ character that no one had heard of fours years ago), Spider-Man around the same :mjlol:, how far the mighty has fallen since the unnecessary reboot. It might even lose out to an X-MEN movie :laff: if Days of Future Past opens to the high numbers that it's currently being said to be tracking at.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Problem with the first trillogy is is was supposed to be 5 movies, but the studio forced movies 4&5 into 3, and it was a train wreck...and i like the first half of 3....

I dobt mind the garfield ones but the second one seemed way to long

Daps
Reppin
NYC
you don't have any friends. :camby:

:troll: naw im playing but it is a pretty wide belief that tobey nailed parker and garfield nailed spiderman.
your friends just be in the minority.

Personally I wouldn't take much pride in my opinion if it was always so commonly aligned with the public and its "wide belief". All I really need to care about is MY belief.

It is MY belief that Tobey was absolute dogshyt in those movies. Yea he was written very much in line with the original version of the character but as an actor he lacked the most fundamental quality that's needed from a Spiderman and that was charisma. nikka was WAYYYY too swaggerless to ever be considered for a character like Spiderman.

Like when Peter and Gwen are chillin in ASM2 I actually believe those two are fukkin on the regular behind closed doors. Never got that feeling with Tobey and Kirsten.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Personally I wouldn't take much pride in my opinion if it was always so commonly aligned with the public and its "wide belief". All I really need to care about is MY belief.

It is MY belief that Tobey was absolute dogshyt in those movies. Yea he was written very much in line with the original version of the character but as an actor he lacked the most fundamental quality that's needed from a Spiderman and that was charisma. nikka was WAYYYY too swaggerless to ever be considered for a character like Spiderman.

Like when Peter and Gwen are chillin in ASM2 I actually believe those two are fukkin on the regular behind closed doors. Never got that feeling with Tobey and Kirsten.
peter parker aint supposed to have swagger. you thinking about tony stark
2189805-ditkosp.jpg

PeterParker.jpg

swaggerless since the 60s up until the ultimates popped off.

Last edited: