So we agree that The Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2 are both underwhelming...(INEVITABLE SPOILERS)

Daps
Reppin
NYC
No I fully get that Tobey was asked to portray the more classic version of the character. The nerdy, timid Peter Parker. I'm just sayin I feel the performance itself lacked charm.

And the Spidey character is pretty well known for his witty banter and sly quips. It felt a lot more natural coming from Garfield.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
peter parker aint supposed to have swagger. you thinking about tony stark
2189805-ditkosp.jpg

PeterParker.jpg

swaggerless since the 60s up until the ultimates popped off.

Breh, when is the last time you read a spider man comic? Peter has plenty of confidence now and he's had it since the freaking 70s when he was bagging Liz Allen, Gwen Stacy, Betty Brandt and MJ. Once John Romita Sr started drawing him as a more handsome dude, that came through in the writing. Is he Tony Stark? Of course not, but the dude isn't some geek schlub. The first panel you took is from the 60s, read some current stuff then holla at us

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Breh, when is the last time you read a spider man comic? Peter has plenty of confidence now and he's had it since the freaking 70s when he was bagging Liz Allen, Gwen Stacy, Betty Brandt and MJ. Once John Romita Sr started drawing him as a more handsome dude, that came through in the writing. Is he Tony Stark? Of course not, but the dude isn't some geek schlub. The first panel you took is from the 60s, read some current stuff then holla at us
i showed pictures from two eras and you conveniently ignored the more recent nerdy one.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i showed pictures from two eras and you conveniently ignored the more recent nerdy one.

Because his portrayal in Ultimate Spider-Man isn't nerdy so I didn't want to embarrass you by even acknowledging it:myman:. Aside from working at the Bugle as a blogger and web designer and being smart, he isn't "nerdy" in ultimate. In fact, ultimate is more in line with the ASM movies and that's the incarnation of Peter that they really drew from. But the ultimate universe was created specifically to update the marvel characters for a new generation in 2000 so Peter isn't the stereotypical nerd you all want him to be in that. He's angsty, has a temper at times and is less of a pushover than Peter was initially. So if you want to talk about Ultimate PP we can do that breh

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Because his portrayal in Ultimate Spider-Man isn't nerdy so I didn't want to embarrass you by even acknowledging it:myman:. Aside from working at the Bugle as a blogger and web designer and being smart, he isn't "nerdy" in ultimate. In fact, ultimate is more in line with the ASM movies and that's the incarnation of Peter that they really drew from. But the ultimate universe was created specifically to update the marvel characters for a new generation in 2000 so Peter isn't the stereotypical nerd you all want him to be in that. He's angsty, has a temper at times and is less of a pushover than Peter was initially. So if you want to talk about Ultimate PP we can do that breh
thats still a far cry from what you said regarding peter parker having "swagger".
you virgins think because a guy kisses a girl he knew for 16 years he all of sudden has swagger now? :comeon:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
thats still a far cry from what you said regarding peter parker having "swagger".
you virgins think because a guy kisses a girl he knew for 16 years he all of sudden has swagger now? :comeon:

Breh when you read that Peter Parker from Ultimate or Peter Parker now, he's got a confidence about him that he's had since the 70s so go ahead, pull out some research and then holla at me. Or just watch a cartoon from the 90s or one of the most recent spider man adaptations on TV. Like I said and like my man said, he isn't Tony Stark levels of swag or confidence but he isn't what Tobey portrayed. I know internet nikkas don't understand middle ground, but not everything is in levels of extreme: It ain't he's either Tony Stark or he's swag less, there is an in between level that Peter has had for about 40 years now, whether its amazing spider man or ultimate spider man

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Breh when you read that Peter Parker from Ultimate or Peter Parker now, he's got a confidence about him that he's had since the 70s so go ahead, pull out some research and then holla at me. Or just watch a cartoon from the 90s or one of the most recent spider man adaptations on TV. Like I said and like my man said, he isn't Tony Stark levels of swag or confidence but he isn't what Tobey portrayed. I know internet nikkas don't understand middle ground, but not everything is in levels of extreme: It ain't he's either Tony Stark or he's swag less, there is an in between level that Peter has had for about 40 years now, whether its amazing spider man or ultimate spider man
Cristopherbarnes.jpg

This is the guy who did the voice of spiderman from those 90s cartoons
barnes.JPG

Swagless///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
images

Day_By_Day023562.jpg

Lame////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Stop it :umad:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
ok breh I see you getting your reed richards on at this point :sas2: it's cool though still got love for you
i understand a nikka named marty mcfly could confuse what it means to have swag.
images

another voice of spiderman

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Breh lol your on fire right now, keep it going
Comic book writer-editor and historian Paul Kupperberg calls the character's superpowers "nothing too original"; what was original was that outside his secret identity, he was a "nerdy high school student"

In essense thats what makes his character interesting and stand-out from just being batman with spider powers.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Comic book writer-editor and historian Paul Kupperberg calls the character's superpowers "nothing too original"; what was original was that outside his secret identity, he was a "nerdy high school student"

Yes breh when he started he was a nerdy high school student no one is arguing that. In fact, I said that. I'm saying he hasn't been nerdy since high school ended. He graduated college and he grew up. That's my issue with Tobey in spider-man 2 and 3 is that he never grew up from nerdy 16 year old to confident college adult. Peter graduated high school, shyt changed and its been different since. In Ultimate Spider-Man, he stayed in high school for his time in the series but he was never "nerdy" to the same degree that he was in the 60s, his nerdiness was redefined. I've said the shyt time and time again. Y'all dudes want him to remain static as a character but he hasn't been that since the 60s, move on, let it go

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Yes breh when he started he was a nerdy high school student no one is arguing that. In fact, I said that. I'm saying he hasn't been nerdy since high school ended. He graduated college and he grew up. That's my issue with Tobey in spider-man 2 and 3 is that he never grew up from nerdy 16 year old to confident college adult. Peter graduated high school, shyt changed and its been different since. In Ultimate Spider-Man, he stayed in high school for his time in the series but he was never "nerdy" to the same degree that he was in the 60s, his nerdiness was redefined. I've said the shyt time and time again. Y'all dudes want him to remain static as a character but he hasn't been that since the 60s, move on, let it go
thats cool but you make that argument of static while ignoring the fact that this amazing spiderman is more static than tobeys.
he was skateboarding and flirting with gwen and standing up to bullies in highschool before he even got his powers.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
thats cool but you make that argument of static while ignoring the fact that this amazing spiderman is more static than tobeys.
he was skateboarding and flirting with gwen and standing up to bullies in highschool before he even got his powers.

No he isn't breh. Tobey was the same character for three movies. three. Andrew's character went from an angry angsty loner in the beginning of the first one to showing some growth and realizing that there's more to this shyt than just getting revenge and he can actually have an impact on people's lives. In the 2nd flick, he doesn't act like a high school kid anymore, he's gained some more confidence, acting his age, taking more responsibility, helping his aunt with the bills and focusing on the rest of his life. His portrayal in the first movie is more in line with ultimate spider man which is what some people had a beef with but it's water under the bridge at this point. In ultimate, he wasn't a dork or a geek, he was an outcast and a loner who only confided in MJ and his aunt and this is before he got bit by the spider and just like in the first movie, he gets picked on by bullies and beat up.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
No he isn't breh. Tobey was the same character for three movies. three. Andrew's character went from an angry angsty loner in the beginning of the first one to showing some growth and realizing that there's more to this shyt than just getting revenge and he can actually have an impact on people's lives. In the 2nd flick, he doesn't act like a high school kid anymore, he's gained some more confidence, acting his age, taking more responsibility, helping his aunt with the bills and focusing on the rest of his life. His portrayal in the first movie is more in line with ultimate spider man which is what some people had a beef with but it's water under the bridge at this point. In ultimate, he wasn't a dork or a geek, he was an outcast and a loner who only confided in MJ and his aunt and this is before he got bit by the spider and just like in the first movie, he gets picked on by bullies and beat up.
i prefer the nerdy spiderman over the jaden smith spiderman