So we agree that The Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2 are both underwhelming...(INEVITABLE SPOILERS)

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
I still havent bothered to see the second one. Sad because i LOVE spidey but the reviews kinda killed my hype for it. I cant take another bad spidey film. Thats my super hero :to:

Ill catch a matinee one day...

-DMP-
If you love Spidey you will find enjoyment in it, I know I did

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
It was the same nerds saying the same shyt in regards to the first film though, but since you prefer these 2 films...

Either way, a 59% drop in the box office is all you need to know. Movie let a whole bunch of people down and the word of mouth "in real life" contributed to that drop.
Its already at 550 million worldwide and will easily pass captain america 2(695 million) for the number one film grossing film of the year(so far). A 59 percent(or their abouts)drop happens to almost all movies.

Captain america winter soldier dropped 51% its second weekend. Guess that should tell you all you need to know. Musta been bad word of mouth :skip:

Last edited:

AntLive1981

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia,Pa
I never read any of the comics growing up, but I've liked the Spider-Man character since I was a kid. I watched the old cartoons and played many different Spider-Man video games. I honestly thought the first 3 movies were very dope. But when I seen The Amazing Spider-Man it felt very underwhelming and redundant. It felt like I was watching a fake Spider-Man movie. I know the movie is praised for how close it is to the comics but to a casual Spider-Man dude like me that shyt was meh. The franchise was rebooted too soon. I haven't even bothered with part 2, by now I feel like I've seen more than enough Spider-Man movies.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Its already at 550 million worldwide and will easily pass captain america 2(695 million) for the number one film grossing film of the year(so far). A 59 percent(or their abouts)drop happens to almost all movies.

Captain america winter soldier dropped 51% its second weekend. Guess that should tell you all you need to know. Musta been bad word of mouth :skip:

Domestically Captain America was the # 1 movie 3 weeks in a row though. Of course Spider-Man will win more Wolrdwide numbers he's more popular then Cap. I haven't seen the AM2 yet so I won't bad mouth it even though I wasn't really a fan of the first flick. Anyway when Cap 3 comes out I am sure more people will want to see it on the strength of part 2 and the Avengers movie. It could be the opposite for Amazing Spiderman 3 since the first 2 movies are not being as well received as the first trilogy.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Domestically Captain America was the # 1 movie 3 weeks in a row though. Of course Spider-Man will win more Wolrdwide numbers he's more popular then Cap. I haven't seen the AM2 yet so I won't bad mouth it even though I wasn't really a fan of the first flick. Anyway when Cap 3 comes out I am sure more people will want to see it on the strength of part 2 and the Avengers movie. It could be the opposite for Amazing Spiderman 3 since the first 2 movies are not being as well received as the first trilogy.
being number one means nothing. if neighbors came out during winter soldiers second weekend it would have beat out cap 2 as well. its a reflection of the competition not of the movie.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
The only people I know who like ASM 2 online or off are on this site. In fact Im the one defending ASM2 irl even though I thought it was barely passable but entertaining.:skip:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
being number one means nothing. if neighbors came out during winter soldiers second weekend it would have beat out cap 2 as well. its a reflection of the competition not of the movie.
:cape::heh:

Comedies taking money first the first summer blockbusters of the year.

Neighbors and Comicbook movies fans having the same demo:mjlol:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If you love Spidey you will find enjoyment in it, I know I did

Tried explaining that to my homie this morning. He said I'm always going to find something to like in it cause it's spider man and I said as long as the character is done justice you're right I am. All my homies like it minus him but oh well.

Anyway I think the main issue is diminishing returns. Each film has made less than the one before it minus spider man 3 and that's a bad sign. And I think that has something to do with the types of stories not the director or the actors; there has to be a lot in the flick not seen before and the science gone wrong villains are passé at this point. They should've went with the underworld mob angle but that's under the bridge at this point. There needs to be a hook to get people excited and to get comic geeks excited although they're mostly the ones wanting every super hero flick to belong to marvel which is something I don't agree with and with that desire comes ill will toward any flick that isn't marvel so they pray for a movie to fail which is stupid to me.

I wouldn't have gone with this whole universe thing they're doing although I know that's the style now but it just ties their hands with flicks as far as making a great standalone they're focused on telling one part of a larger story which I get but I don't know if it's the right way to go. Part three will be different tho because there are people who get paid a lot more than we do having these same discussions right now. If anything the movie needs new producers not new creative types. Marc webb and Andrew understand the character better than the guys they work for

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The only people I know who like ASM 2 online or off are on this site. In fact Im the one defending ASM2 irl even though I thought it was barely passable but entertaining.:skip:
that mght be true for you in real life but this must be the only site you visit. people acting like it has a zero percent on rottentomatoes.