So we agree that The Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2 are both underwhelming...(INEVITABLE SPOILERS)

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Garfield is a great Spiderman and a shytty Peter Parker

garfield is excellent as spidey and as grade A incarnation of the peter from the mtv cgi you could find.

i don't get the hate for garfield as peter parker at all.
garfield's portrayal of peter is the first to stick to some source material, and progression character wise in the entire spiderman movie franchise.
as a matter of fact, i don't think anyone else would be better at this point.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Nope. Sorry breh. Sounds exactly what a movie producer would say to justify changes that did'nt need to be made. I'm not the only one who feels this way.

This was not an update and it's not a literary adjustment. This was a movie studio ploy to appeal to a demographic to increase ticket sales.

you are showing you have not kept up with enough source material concerning spiderman since, like pre-ron frenz pencils era spidey.

before mcfarlane,...
imo, frenz was the best spidey penciler.
still to this day, he drew peter the best, too.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
You wanna know what though? I don't think it's really the fault of the film. I think perhaps people in general are just starting to experience Spidey fatigue. We're on our 5th movie now and our 2nd franchise in only 12 years. And as much as I liked ASM2 (I actually think it's the best Spiderman movie that's been made so far)... it doesn't really do anything to reinvent the franchise in a way that demanded people go see it. Strictly judging from the promotional material I think a lot of people just thought it looked like another typical Spiderman movie.

But hey even if it didn't hit the mark they wanted it's still makin boat loads of cash so I think it's safe to assume the franchise isn't going anywhere anytime soon. But I think if they really wanna take the franchise to the next level they have to get cracking on a Venom/Carnage story. I don't know how it falls in line with their sinister six plans but whatever they do they better start planting the seeds now.

you can't do a venom/canage storyline till well deep into this film franchise.
the problem with newer gen fans and the new writers of spidey comix is.
they really don't know the lineage of this character.
or, how to actually age the character appropiately.
they spend to much time on rehashing the old issues and never letting petey grow into being a real solidifed adult superhero.

the problem, marvel had after mcfarlane left was.
trying to write to much intrigue into spidey.
instead of spider-man, finally committing to becoming a fulltime avenger.
where maryjane was shielded expertly from his life as a superhero.
instead, they recreated all his money issues after web.
took away, maryjane's life as a top model/actress.
then, reduced him back to poverty stricken teen angst problems spidey/petey.
instead of having peter grow up and never have issues reoccur.
the character had progressed to never have reoccurr ever again.

having pete get divorced, killing aunt may, reverting him back to poverty and being a disgruntled divorcee, like writers and editors of marvel.
who had shytty lives made the book into constant reboots and fukk ups.

if they would have just made spidey a grown up, who was prescient to keep issues he had more than enought experience to nip in the bud. or never reoccur again,...spidey would never have been disjointed.
never lost readership, and quite possibly marvel would not be owned by disney.

when, jim shooter was no longer editor.
spidey hit that pitfall and never really recovered as a printed commodity.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Comic book writer-editor and historian Paul Kupperberg calls the character's superpowers "nothing too original"; what was original was that outside his secret identity, he was a "nerdy high school student"

In essense thats what makes his character interesting and stand-out from just being batman with spider powers.

what made spidey unique was he was the only actual humanized character who was seeking a real brighter day.
that should have kept up with the character as a mantra.
i discuss the pitfalls of where spidey went wrong, as a printable commodity, in my previous post.
you idea of spidey being a high school nerd is way off...
as real talk,...spidey was not a awkward highschool nerd.
even back when i was a kid, first reading amazing continuity.
he was a grown man, with real life experience in 1980.
he was far removed from being a high school nerd by the time most mainstream people would refocus in on spidey from mcfarlane.

art barr

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
after watching it a few times i got a free coupon to watch it on red box and went to a free screening at the Sony building

i like the film for a few things

• they tone down the a$$hole tendencies they gave him in the first movie
  • his mask never gets torn off during the action sequences .
  • the couple (Andrew and Emma) is great hope they do more movies together
  • all the villains came from the ultimate spider-man timeline dragon ball Goblin, mechanized Rhino and electro being pure blue
but it need another big action piece beyond the time square and final battle and Peter daddy issues and his death on the plane could been :camby:

there also a scene in the blue ray of Harry attacking Oscrop and killing the president of the company

why would you leave that out :dahell:

1) Spiderman 2
2) spiderman 1
3) Amazing spiderman 2
4 Spiderman 3
5 Amazing spiderman 1

for me:yeshrug:

you can tell this might been a great movie with out Sony meddling in to the creative process supposedly rami was so pissed about venom story line being shoved in, he put in the dance number in the club as a

:troll: to the company