So Kendricks album came and went without making an impact

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
nah not really. Nice try though.

Kendrick's team and stans ACTIVELY go out of their way to declare him GOAT contender, classic status, etc. The 'hate' that comes their way is reactionary, and then they wanna act possum. fukk all that. Most of the time, we're just disgusted at the hyperbole more than anything. I personally don't care if you like Kendrick or enjoy the hell out of him. I think Cyhi Da Prince is mediocre but you don't see me actively making threads dissing dude. His fans nor team aren't claiming anything stupid nor trying to cram him down anyone's throats.

I'm not gonna let you or some cac rewrite hip hop history as though Kendrick's the best thing or close to the best thing that ever happened. It's fukking disrespectful, and it shyts on the contributions of thousands of rappers who have made far more quality work that props up this hip hop culture to begin with. You can't be an objective hip hop fan if you don't see that. Hyperbole is one of the things that destroyed this genre and it needs to be checked. So don't get mad at those keeping it real.

/thread

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
the kendrick dikkriders (aka the nuthugging media and the stans) are the reason for most of the kendrick hate.
you motherfukkers are too over excited (understandably) but at the same time are too forceful with your love for the album and that turns some people off it.
according to you stans, there is something wrong with everyone who does not love the album.
:camby:FOH!!!
the superlatives this album has been receiving are deserved to an extent, but at the same time, i agree with the people who point out that kendrick is getting a lot of credit that some other people should've been getting. of course their name ain't kendrick and they are not as popular, but still they should be given credit!!
this especially pisses me off somewhat.
this album might be great, but it is not innovative or game-changing or the best thing since sliced bread.

the k.dot stans have to dial it back a bit, cause YOU more then the music are creating the kendrick hate imo.

by the way, i agree with this post a 10000000x!!!
That's been my whole beef with these stans. Oooh Kendrick is so black power....Cyhi did a whole album of it. Ooooh jazz and funk....Krit been doing it. My beef is guys putting out shyt before Kendrick tried it (and did it better than Kendrick) and not getting credit. But fakkit come in here talking about Krit career died yet Kendrick biting his sound. THE fukk? Booth ain't bout shyt.

Big K.R.I.T. - Good 2getha (Feat. Ashton Jones):

nikkas thought that corny (i) was unique though with that forced ass hook.:scust:. Y'all go ahead and hype up Kendrick but don't start talking like he's doing some innovative shyt. Ima ride for the true king every time like Napoleon rides for Drake :pacspit:

:heh:

Divinergy

Anatomy will be the death of me...
Daps
Reppin
Houston
album was fukkin trash. his career's over already. and he has the nerve to call himself the king rofl

When you make claims like that, I honestly can't take you serious. His career is over? Ok, yet he had probably the most anticipated album so far this year, but no one is going to look for him anymore?:mjlol: Alright.

You gonna honestly tell me that you listened to the album all the way through and thought it was 100% mediocre garbage?:stopitslime: Are you deaf or did you just make a Coli account to troll? You funny though :mjlol: I'll give you that!

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gonna be real honest, watching Drake's Coachella performance last night made me realize what a crazy run he's had...

Also, I think the most impactful projects of the last 5 years have mostly been mixtapes. LLA, SFG, K&OJ, TWU etc
Yeah, he has, but, every rapper gets a 5-7 year run. After that you will either fall off or be a factor in the game. If Drakes new album sounds like his mixtape, it will be the beginning of the end.

What Kendrick did with this album is solidified his place in rap because he changed his sound, and its banging. Plus its different sounding then other stuff that's popular now. His album is consistently selling, and is already gold. When he drops "these walls", its a wrap because females are gonna love that shyt.

Kendrick does music the old way, he takes his time with releasing music, and doesn't oversaturate himself. That is how you do it. You want people to fiend for your music, then when you release an album, spread out the singles. It will sell slowly, but it keeps your career lasting longer or more impactful. That is how albums used to sell. People think artists used to always go gold or!platinum in the first few weeks. No, that only happened with rap, for the most part, and it was game to these labels. Most artist sold records slowly, but ,consistently. Eventually going gold or platinum.

Kendrick is doing fine. If he did the album on a medium budget, he can recoup, and still do more music because labels just want to make a profit. If he had a big budget, it might be over or he will get one more chance but his next album will sound like the rest to recoup some money.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
He's not a rapper that can hype people up like Waka or Chief Keef
He doesn't have the shock value of a Lil B
He's doesn't have the ability to strike emotion like Lil Boosie
He's too ugly to be a ladies' rapper like Drake
He's too conscious to be a swag rapper like A$AP Rocky
He doesn't have a charismatic tone like a 50 Cent
He's a lyrical rapper who can't paint pictures like a Nas or Eminem (see Renegade)
I think the problem is that Kendrick is a jack of trades and a master of nothing.
Kendrick can't paint pictures? :dead:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
he hould adopt ake persona, and do something that mainstream would like.

right now he's half fake which is where problems come. if you're gonna be fake you got go all theway.

just make a bunch of party songs, plus songs like back seat freestyle and htat other one where the maad ctiy
:mjlol:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
I'm pretty sure you think he's better than Nas. Keep it real. The fact that you put "arguably" suggests this, but you don't want to outright say it so people automatically dismiss you as idiotic.

Kendrick stans don't live in reality. How can you be a better artist than anyone when nothing about you stands out? There's nothing Kendrick does at a high level. He's just thoroughly mediocre at everything.

The only thing Kendrick's team and his fans are great at are making ridiculous, grandiose comments. Inversely proportional to his size.

The above post is comedy :pachaha:

Monster

Aztec Street Soldier
Daps

i just reread my post, and it's pretty incoherent, so i'm gooing to fix the typos for clarity.

he should adopt a fake persona like drake, and do something that the mainstream would like.

right now he's half fake which is where problems come. if you're gonna be fake you got go all theway.

just make a bunch of party songs, plus songs like back seat freestyle and maad city, and if anyone asks just say he's 'writing it from the perspective of someone who does it"

then he'll be good. it's pretty simple

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Classic. any song off the album that comes on shuffles stays on. I just had to stop listening to it as much so I didn't wear it out

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
the kendrick dikkriders (aka the nuthugging media and the stans) are the reason for most of the kendrick hate.
you motherfukkers are too over excited (understandably) but at the same time are too forceful with your love for the album and that turns some people off it.
according to you stans, there is something wrong with everyone who does not love the album.
:camby:FOH!!!
the superlatives this album has been receiving are deserved to an extent, but at the same time, i agree with the people who point out that kendrick is getting a lot of credit that some other people should've been getting. of course their name ain't kendrick and they are not as popular, but still they should be given credit!!
this especially pisses me off somewhat.
this album might be great, but it is not innovative or game-changing or the best thing since sliced bread.

the k.dot stans have to dial it back a bit, cause YOU more then the music are creating the kendrick hate imo.

by the way, i agree with this post a 10000000x!!!

:heh:
Sounds like a personal problem

I hate the album because people like it to much. :mjlol: Get your own mind.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Hobbit Hands.

Terrace Martin absolute trash by the way. I realized this when he put that album out 3chord or whetever like a year ago. He slowly sapping 9th Wonder's life force with his saxophone too.
Tryin to hard. Album was nice and he sounds nothing like 9th wonder

Last edited: