So Kendricks album came and went without making an impact

FukyourFort

All Star
Daps
after about 11 listens to the full album i like it more than his first two. he keeps improving and i dont mind his voices. Really knows how to make a full album with themes and layers. This album has more songs i will listen to and keep listening too than GKMC. Last album i kept playing fully like this was Common - Be but hes a c00n now :francis:

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
As predicted, it made no impact on the community the culture comes from, but let these media outlets tell it this is the current king of the culture :rudy:

truthfully it's too early to tell if this album will or will not make an impact, though it's probable that it won't.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said attempt to because Kendrick Lamar isn't the only artist that does socially conscious bars, keep being petty tho :umad:
look at all the adjectives in your post, and you're saying the blogs are snarky? Every contrarian on the internet is ready to throw dirt on Kendrick and his album because of his popularity, y'all can't even help yourselves :palm:
can't even just not like it, y'all gotta puff your chests out and stand up on the mountaintops and tell the world how much you hate Kendrick, his album, rap fans, rap blogs and everything else related to TPAB
:mjlol:@ me being a cac
keep being a bitter old man because people en masse are standing behind an artist you don't like :jawalrus:

I'm nice with the prose, sorry, can't help it. Being vivid isn't the same as being snarky. As a 21-year-old man, I couldn't care less about what other people listen to, I just like pissing gremlin stans off.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:stopitslime: What are you even saying? Did you you just say this nikkas voice is corrosive. As in detrimental to the music?? I'm really not getting it. I'm really not feeling what you're saying. This man was doing some beautiful story telling from multiple perspectives throughout the album, using voices to not only convey that these are different people with different emotions, but also to show his versatility.

So lemme get this straight, though. His voice was corrosive on "u"? when he was "crying" and all that :stopitslime:"
His voice was corrosive on "For Sale?"? :stopitslime:
His voice was corrosive on "You Ain't Gotta Lie"? when he was telling a story from his mothers perspective in order to get hat "older peer/granny-to-youngin vibe? :stopitslime:

Are you not paying attention to the context? Even musically, it sounds good to my ears. The production and the voice polymerized perfectly my nikka. What are you saying??? That was skillful and I applaud it.

Didn't read all that my man, but the gremlin is trash

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok so first it's attempt and now he did it? Listen, anyone can make social commentary. Walk in a barbershop and you'll hear more astute social commentary than this gremlin could even imagine.

I never said he needed me either pause. I'm gonna set the odds of you being a cac at -500 and no at +330. White people with high-profile blogs and overly snarky, SAT-buzzword-riddled prose are the people that determine what's good and bad music nowadays.

Kendrick could record him self struggle-fukking his wife and if he chopped, looped and compressed the sounds of his gutteral moans as he nuts, he could get an AOTY nomination.

At this point Kendrick can do no wrong no matter what he does. I just think it's hilarious and it's one of my primary reasons hip-hop as an aggregate is a complete fukking joke to me :mjlol:

Like this shyt is our bar for best in this "culture"? A fukking gremlin-voiced psuedo-intellectual? :russ: jesus christ

Edit: I've also said time and time again Kendrick is a very gifted rapper. His breath control is ridiculous, but his voice is trash and he doesn't have any bars. He's one of those spoken word type fakkits

There is nothing he can do about his voice though........do you sound better on wax yourself ?

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Hobbit Hands.

Terrace Martin absolute trash by the way. I realized this when he put that album out 3chord or whetever like a year ago. He slowly sapping 9th Wonder's life force with his saxophone too.