So Kendricks album came and went without making an impact

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
claim albums are forgettable on a multiplat thread discussing said album, brehs

i dont get this website..yall ask for problack #blackexcellence music to hit the mainstream and SELL GOOD

we finally get that #blackexcellence shyt, in all its glory, with jazz and funk influences, it sells over 300,000 first week. We finally got a pro-black message hitting at a full scale

and now people complain that "b-b-but rappers have done it before." As if a.) anyone even said Kendrick's album was the first of its kind and b) That makes the album any worse

people here are strange.
th-th-th-th-the Coli.com...

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People aren't pointing out flaws they're going overboard saying it's trash then dedicating pages of text to how trash they feel it is. N this means they are actually spending alot of time listening dissecting and studying the album which shows they probably actually like It. I don't dissect and study trash.

I didn't dissect jcoles weed plate. I listened, I said this is trash and I kept it moving.

No one's getting mad either I just believe many of you sound ridiculous and I believe many of you to be cacs. I saw some of the kendrick haters sayin they felt that Trash action Bronson album. :mjlol: stop it.

I'm not studying shyt, I did what you did with Cole and drake. I listened, concluded that it was a decent album, with forced moments. It's clearly not the cultural marvel that it gets advertised as. This is mbdtf all over again... "omg he's doing non hip hop things on a hip hop album, so artistic". Not buying it. Plus if anything its cacs overrating it. Not a horrible album at all, but far from amazing.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I'm not studying shyt, I did what you did with Cole and drake. I listened, concluded that it was a decent album, with forced moments. It's clearly not the cultural marvel that it gets advertised as. This is mbdtf all over again... "omg he's doing non hip hop things on a hip hop album, so artistic". Not buying it. Plus if anything its cacs overrating it. Not a horrible album at all, but far from amazing.
Ur a hipster.

U aren't real hiphop sorry

Daps
Y'all trying too hard not to like it honestly. If this is trash the 99% of other Rap albums released within the last 10 years or so have been trash cause this trumps them all, especially on a mainstream level. The only reason why people are no longer talking about it is cause we're too busy listening brehs.

Daps
lol @ calling someone a hipster cuz they don't like the same album as you.

Fukkin hilarious. I knew stans would react like this when you don't worship their idol. I saw it coming from way back. It's ok to call Jcole's album trash but if a poster says kendrick's album is just aight then they say you aint hip hop. Hypocrites

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
lol @ calling someone a hipster cuz they don't like the same album as you.

Fukkin hilarious. I knew stans would react like this when you don't worship their idol. I saw it coming from way back. It's ok to call Jcole's album trash but if a poster says kendrick's album is just aight then they say you aint hip hop. Hypocrites
Ur not hiphop sorry.

A pimp c avatar doesn't make you less transparent

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, he has, but, every rapper gets a 5-7 year run. After that you will either fall off or be a factor in the game. If Drakes new album sounds like his mixtape, it will be the beginning of the end.

What Kendrick did with this album is solidified his place in rap because he changed his sound, and its banging. Plus its different sounding then other stuff that's popular now. His album is consistently selling, and is already gold. When he drops "these walls", its a wrap because females are gonna love that shyt.

Kendrick does music the old way, he takes his time with releasing music, and doesn't oversaturate himself. That is how you do it. You want people to fiend for your music, then when you release an album, spread out the singles. It will sell slowly, but it keeps your career lasting longer or more impactful. That is how albums used to sell. People think artists used to always go gold or!platinum in the first few weeks. No, that only happened with rap, for the most part, and it was game to these labels. Most artist sold records slowly, but ,consistently. Eventually going gold or platinum.

Kendrick is doing fine. If he did the album on a medium budget, he can recoup, and still do more music because labels just want to make a profit. If he had a big budget, it might be over or he will get one more chance but his next album will sound like the rest to recoup some money.

People want Kendrick to turn to Gucci Mane and drop 3 mixtapes per month. All that oversaturation will makes your fans not willing to buy your shyt.

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y'all trying too hard not to like it honestly. If this is trash the 99% of other Rap albums released within the last 10 years or so have been trash cause this trumps them all, especially on a mainstream level. The only reason why people are no longer talking about it is cause we're too busy listening brehs.

This may be better than some recent albums in the mainstream
Nopé not at all.

Are you trying to convince yourself?

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

<--- Cleveland Browns winning that many, boi!
Daps
I was at the bar yesterday sitting next to three black people (1 female, two males) and they spontaneously started talking about TPAB... to man, none of them said was great. Couldn't understand why it was hyped the way it was. One cat said Wale's album is better, which it is.

And after about three minutes on Kendrick, all three commenced to talk about how hot the Drake album is.

Kendrick lost. Nobody fukkin with TPAB. You internet weirdos are a SCARY sight lol.

GeeEffKay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
people trying so hard to deny it says how great the album is :banderas:

mad your favorite isnt making praised albums that people will be talking about for years to come :whew:

what will drake, or even cole be known for in the future? not their albums thats for sure, because they keep dropping average material