So Kendricks album came and went without making an impact

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What albums have made an impact? One thing I dislike a lot about an argument is when examples are rarely given ... props on that KRIT song posted by the way.

nikkas don't be knowing breh. I'm here so nikkas know who Kendrick be biting with his (innovative) shyt.

Next thing Kendrick will have a song with BB King and nikkas will be all :ooh:

Jen The Prude

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Daps
Reppin
OVO/France
The music excluding Kendrick Lamar is good. But Kendikk's voice in the music is so corrosive it taints the whole thing. And we giving points out here for attempts?
Just cause the fukking burger king attendant attempts to expound on social injustices, I don't give him a tip pause. This is music. You get points for good music and if you got bars. I don't award points for namedropping some shyt in an attempt to be down :mjlol:

:lolbron:

And yes, that's the most perfect description of Kendrick's voice: CORROSIVE.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
As far as the thread, I'm on record saying I'm not feeling "TPAB" at all but sitting there with your arms crossed like "NO IMPACT!" is just as bad as declaring it a classic a week later. Let the shyt marinate, I don't mean a few weeks....I mean years. Time will reveal exactly what this album is, and what Kendrick's career is. The internet completely eroded everyone's attention span though, so it's virtually impossible to let a rapper's legacy naturally unfold.

Fred.
Damn what you didn't like about the album homie?

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Kendrick only had a classic cuz he had Drake on like 2 songs lol...That Control verse fukked his career up!! He need the Drizzy Stimulus Package ASAP! Pause Lol
His career is fine :what:

Drake career is at the top right now but he's been getting involved with a lot of fukkery lately. Tongue kissing Madonna :scust:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is one of the few things that I never got about The Coli. Every major album that drops, someone comes along a few weeks later discussing how nobody talks about the album, how forgettable it is, and how it didn't make an impact. If this was true, why are you even wasting the time to make a thread about a forgettable, uneventful album that nobody talks about? Furthermore, how does one person's opinion give them the validity to speak on everybody's behalf?

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Hobbit Hands.

Terrace Martin absolute trash by the way. I realized this when he put that album out 3chord or whetever like a year ago. He slowly sapping 9th Wonder's life force with his saxophone too.

damn son, you're going hard at this album.

I thought you liked Kendrick on some level

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Damn what you didn't like about the album homie?

I'm an old head, I remember all that p-funk/George Clinton/Bootsy shyt first hand. So for a modern album to go the funk/experimental route it has to be some next level shyt. Like D'Angelo's "Black Messiah".

"TPAB" was cool but Kendrick is too good an MC to not be straight spitting. If he dropped this album further into his career I might be able to vibe with it more....but imagine if 'kast's 2nd or 3rd album was "Stankonia" or "The Love Below". There is only so many MCs....and only so many years for a career....and in what's arguably his prime he drops this. The album ain't terrible or anything but this is not what I go to Kendrick Lamar for.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I love this whole "impact" narrative....

Please name the Album that has dropped in the last 5 years that made an impact? And what album that has ever dropped that made an impact on the rap game within 3 months after it being released?

Last 5 years? Zero.

People will mention some shyt like "the Migos flow" like they never heard of Lord Infamous, though.

In history, after 3 months? A few. Very few. You'd have to go back to something like Rakim changing the way people rapped....or the birth of gangsta rap....or the rise of the South. A few milestone moments.

Here's the thing: that's never going to happen again. You can only invent the wheel once. So sitting here talking about "it had no impact!" is :mjlol:as hell. 99.99% of the shyt released....I don't even mean rap, I mean anything....TV series, novel, movie, rap, video game, whatever....has no real impact and it's judged totally independent of that.

Fred.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Gonna be real honest, watching Drake's Coachella performance last night made me realize what a crazy run he's had...

Also, I think the most impactful projects of the last 5 years have mostly been mixtapes. LLA, SFG, K&OJ, TWU etc

Last edited:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
I'm an old head, I remember all that p-funk/George Clinton/Bootsy shyt first hand. So for a modern album to go the funk/experimental route it has to be some next level shyt. Like D'Angelo's "Black Messiah".

"TPAB" was cool but Kendrick is too good an MC to not be straight spitting. If he dropped this album further into his career I might be able to vibe with it more....but imagine if 'kast's 2nd or 3rd album was "Stankonia" or "The Love Below". There is only so many MCs....and only so many years for a career....and in what's arguably his prime he drops this. The album ain't terrible or anything but this is not what I go to Kendrick Lamar for.

Fred.
I can respect that :salute:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You sir are a fool :willalughing:

animal_dog_wtf_confused_20120419_1477921246.png
And you sir are a legend :wow: :smughusky: for life