So I got scammed last week brehs and feel like an idiot. :snoop:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
These are the stories you keep to yourself. Hope you laugh along with me at you because im laughing at your ass. Dont worry. I got scammed for 400 dollars out of weed last year.
Lol, nah I'm pretty transparent. I don't try to front on here about my fukk ups and my flaws. I know a lot of brehs on here come off as perfect and afraid of scrutiny but I'm not. It's being intrinsically motivated. I'm harder on myself than anyone else can be, and know when I fukked up. I'm only human right? :ld:

Last edited:

BunchePark

Coli N Calisthenics
Daps
Reppin
Broward
Every time I get an outside email about anything not related to any work project I'm working on, I send it directly to our phishing department. They won't get me. I'd rather miss out on some work shyt than pink slip virus my entire network.

This is giving me flashbacks from my old employer. Somehow the "I need to report a scam" calls used to get routed to your division. I've heard it all. The worst are the old people who willingly give strangers their banking info. The common ones are people who are told they've been given a government grant but have to send money for it. So many people do not understand grants are FREE.

By far the worst one ever was a lady who went to Mexico for cheap dental work. Didn't speak Spanish and woke with ALL of her teeth GONE. ALL. My coworker answered the phone on speaker while I was in her office and you could hear the gums click clacking plus her sobbing as she talked. I had to leave out of that office before I was on the floor hollering. Initially I felt so bad but the combination of the gums plus her crying catapulted me into hell.

Wait they stole a bytch teeth ctfuuuuuuu

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I started a new job 2 months ago and still learning the ropes. It's a mid size company with around 1000 employees. Anyway to the point, I was heading to a meeting on Thursday and got a email from our CEO, with subject line "Quick Response Needed" and it read "Please send me your cell number". Keep in mind it was in my work email and not spam, so I respond with my number and was thinking like "oh shyt, did I do something wrong?" Keep in mind I only spoke to him once, and that was during a virtual interview in the hiring process.

So the next day I get a text in the morning, saying "Hello Brian, this is Mike (CEO's name) are you available?" I respond with yes of course, and he asked me to pick up a document for him from his lawyer and deliver it to our corporate office. I'm like "ok sure, send me the address of where I need to pick it up" He then says "I told my lawyer I'd reward him for his quick turnaround, pick up a couple of apple gift cards for $500 dollars and drop them off when you pick up the document"

Long story short, I did and realized the email was from a gmail and not our company domain. Also the area code of the text was from a Cali number (I know he lives and is from Atlanta). Luckily i realized this before I dropped off the cards. Sad shyt is, I purchased one. :snoop:

Keep ya'll head on a swivel brehs, these scammers getting better and better out here. Also, when you check an email on an i-phone, it shows the name only and not the email address unless you click the name, which I didn't. :mjcry:

You one of my favorite posters on here but come on breh :pachaha:But then again I work for a financial company so I see scams all day everyday. At least you didn’t give them the cards :yeshrug:

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
Yeah I did fall for a scam
You only half fell for a scam technically speaking.

You bought the card... like why would you in your job, after meeting someone only 1x and it being the CEO at that, pick up stuff at a lawyer AND (random af) buy..... APPLE GIFT CARDS?

Even if it’s in your inbox, isn’t it common sense that that requires a real double check (the lawyer part) and 1,000 checks (the Apple part).

But still; aren’t you supposed to share the scratch code with the scammer for it to have been a success?

You didn’t, so you only got half scammed.

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
Nah, I'm in upper leadership so I pretty much run my own show. I got the charges reversed already, so not stressing it.
This was some doing too much, too busy that day perfect timing for the scammer shyt huh?

I know those days breh: too many meetings, going around the city and it’s easy to get caught slipping then.

Lotta lowlifes out there, indeed keep focused.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It is, which I am aware of. The fact it got through to my main inbox and I was driving to a meeting when I received it was how I got caught slipping. The signature, and everything was my company's and only my CEO's name was in the send box.
Glad you caught the scam before it went further but the bolded part is how they catch you. My brother almost fell for a similar scam when he answered his phone right after waking up (but not yet fully awake) and it’s just like you said, if they catch you when you’re not thinking clearly then it can snowball quickly. He never answers unknown numbers but all you need is to let your guard down once.

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
I got a random job offer the other day for a job I never applied for. What was fishy about this email was the person emailing me did not tell me who and what the company were. The mail looked fishy, and they told me to set up a virtual appointment through zoom.