So I got scammed last week brehs and feel like an idiot. :snoop:

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
We fired a chick for this in 2019

she was so embarrassed she was going to quit anyway.

this scam works. A lot.

just think about it tho… the CEO that doesn’t know your name and has never spoken to you all of a sudden wants you to go shopping for him. He has an assistant for that shyt.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Think the CEO of a company is sending you personal emails at a job you just started brehs :mjlol:

A millionaire askn a neww worker to buy $500 giftcardd wasnt a red flag

:russ:

Believe your work email can’t have spam in it, brehs :mjlol:

I bet some bumpkin like yourself was the reason the pipeline shyt went down

They need to do cyberawareness training at your company ASAP
:russ::russ::russ::russ:

Years ago I wouldn’t have believed that someone so dumb could be employed but working in the corporate world, you begin to understand that morons can game their way into a job.

My parents are as old as dust but they’re way more tech savvy than this clown. I mean, why would the “CEO” send an email saying “quick response needed”? Lord have mercy. Common sense is truly uncommon.

Last edited:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
No offense breh but I can't be offended by someone who logs on here and makes his username Throbbinghood. Peace be with you brother
And I can’t ever take someone as gullible as you are on my level. Thanks for the comedy though. I’ll show my lady this to laugh at later. :mjlol:

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
Son, they’re gonna beat on your ass, like it was a rented mule...

1708171.jpg

Start looking for a new job

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
When I worked at CVS, whenever I'd see older folks come in try to put an insane amount of money on iTunes, Apple, GreenDot, Target, etc. etc. cards, I'd tell them, "You're gonna see a FRAUD ALERT page pop up in a second...don't hit that green button and continue if someone over the phone or through text is telling you to put money on a card. It's usually a scam." I think a lot of times, they still went through with it and were being scammed, but there was nothing I could do after that. People still unfortunately fall for it every day.

malleymal

All Star
Daps
So I started a new job 2 months ago and still learning the ropes. It's a mid size company with around 1000 employees. Anyway to the point, I was heading to a meeting on Thursday and got a email from our CEO, with subject line "Quick Response Needed" and it read "Please send me your cell number". Keep in mind it was in my work email and not spam, so I respond with my number and was thinking like "oh shyt, did I do something wrong?" Keep in mind I only spoke to him once, and that was during a virtual interview in the hiring process.

So the next day I get a text in the morning, saying "Hello Brian, this is Mike (CEO's name) are you available?" I respond with yes of course, and he asked me to pick up a document for him from his lawyer and deliver it to our corporate office. I'm like "ok sure, send me the address of where I need to pick it up" He then says "I told my lawyer I'd reward him for his quick turnaround, pick up a couple of apple gift cards for $500 dollars and drop them off when you pick up the document"

Long story short, I did and realized the email was from a gmail and not our company domain. Also the area code of the text was from a Cali number (I know he lives and is from Atlanta). Luckily i realized this before I dropped off the cards. Sad shyt is, I purchased one. :snoop:

Keep ya'll head on a swivel brehs, these scammers getting better and better out here. Also, when you check an email on an i-phone, it shows the name only and not the email address unless you click the name, which I didn't. :mjcry:

yea fam… my wife’s coworker fell for this. Bought a bunch of gift cards and delivered them to his supervisor.

Supervisor looked at him like :what:

now you know.