So I got scammed last week brehs and feel like an idiot. :snoop:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
When I worked at CVS, whenever I'd see older folks come in try to put an insane amount of money on iTunes, Apple, GreenDot, Target, etc. etc. cards, I'd tell them, "You're gonna see a FRAUD ALERT page pop up in a second...don't hit that green button and continue if someone over the phone or through text is telling you to put money on a card. It's usually a scam." I think a lot of times, they still went through with it and were being scammed, but there was nothing I could do after that. People still unfortunately fall for it every day.
:mjcry:

:flabbynsick:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Our company actually sends us bullshyt phishing emails just to see who will fall for it. Ive never fell for it but some have and they said you have to go through a lot of bullshyt training exercises that make you feel dumber than dirt.
Same.

The funny thing is, that oil pipeline ransomware shyt that happened recently was because of a phishing email
:mjlol:

When they track down who actually clicked on that (if they haven't already) they're :fire: d

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
So I started a new job 2 months ago and still learning the ropes. It's a mid size company with around 1000 employees. Anyway to the point, I was heading to a meeting on Thursday and got a email from our CEO, with subject line "Quick Response Needed" and it read "Please send me your cell number". Keep in mind it was in my work email and not spam, so I respond with my number and was thinking like "oh shyt, did I do something wrong?" Keep in mind I only spoke to him once, and that was during a virtual interview in the hiring process.

So the next day I get a text in the morning, saying "Hello Brian, this is Mike (CEO's name) are you available?" I respond with yes of course, and he asked me to pick up a document for him from his lawyer and deliver it to our corporate office. I'm like "ok sure, send me the address of where I need to pick it up" He then says "I told my lawyer I'd reward him for his quick turnaround, pick up a couple of apple gift cards for $500 dollars and drop them off when you pick up the document"

Long story short, I did and realized the email was from a gmail and not our company domain. Also the area code of the text was from a Cali number (I know he lives and is from Atlanta). Luckily i realized this before I dropped off the cards. Sad shyt is, I purchased one. :snoop:

Keep ya'll head on a swivel brehs, these scammers getting better and better out here. Also, when you check an email on an i-phone, it shows the name only and not the email address unless you click the name, which I didn't. :mjcry:
Never fun. We get alot of that at our Law Firm. And the senders will actually mask the email address so the domain will show as ours. And the scammers randomly pick the one Partner who sends emails in that same text like tone ie "are you in office, need a favour - sent from iphone" lol.

One day I saw one of our articling students rushing out saying she had to do something for him. I said what, and she said apple gift cards, same as you. I'm like we would just pay for that on the company CC, we wouldn't have you buy them and reimburse it.

When I saw the email I could see why she fell for it. Name/Domain all looked legit (unless you did a deeper 'whois' in outlook to see the actual email.) His style of grammar was bang on too because he does send emails like that. I was impressed :dead: After that prob happened 4-5 more times but people will flip me the email first or they will then contact the person directly just to be sure.

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Meh, I don't give a fukk lol. I'm pretty accomplished and never slipped up at work, hence why I am in the role I am. I made this thread because I realized I got slipping, which can happen to anyone. I'm pretty secure in my life.
Props on this thread. Niccas cracking jokes, but people get caught slippin all the time with this scam shyt.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Never fun. We get alot of that at our Law Firm. And the senders will actually mask the email address so the domain will show as ours. And the scammers randomly pick the one Partner who sends emails in that same text like tone ie "are you in office, need a favour - sent from iphone" lol.

One day I saw one of our articling students rushing out saying she had to do something for him. I said what, and she said apple gift cards, same as you. I'm like we would just pay for that on the company CC, we wouldn't have you buy them and reimburse it.

When I saw the email I could see why she fell for it. Name/Domain all looked legit (unless you did a deeper 'whois' in outlook to see the actual email.) His style of grammar was bang on too because he does send emails like that. I was impressed :dead: After that prob happened 4-5 more times but people will flip me the email first or they will then contact the person directly just to be sure.
:ohhh: Damn this shyt is common I see

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
:ohhh: Damn this shyt is common I see

Very common. Just make sure you always toggle your mouse over the email address without clicking it. You’ll be able to see the real email address it’s coming from by doing that (gmail vs. email w/ your corporate domain).

Also just never be afraid to fwd something off to your IT / Security department. Tell em you got this note and it looks like potential phishing so you want to send it on to be safe. If it is phishing they’ll identity it quickly, and even if it is a safe email they’ll let you know, and prob will be lowkey impressed that you were on your toes anyways :ehh:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Very common. Just make sure you always toggle your mouse over the email address without clicking it. You’ll be able to see the real email address it’s coming from by doing that (gmail vs. email w/ your corporate domain).

Also just never be afraid to fwd something off to your IT / Security department. Tell em you got this note and it looks like potential phishing so you want to send it on to be safe. If it is phishing they’ll identity it quickly, and even if it is a safe email they’ll let you know, and prob will be lowkey impressed that you were on your toes anyways :ehh:
I usually scroll over the email but I got slipping because I was driving when I got the email. :snoop: