So Chicago Teachers Going On Strike Starting Today?

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
But you think it's perfectly ethical and morally good for teachers to strike for their jobs and not strike for school supplies? You are dodging this question, we both know why.

And now because you're wrong, you want to jump into my personal life and what I do. Cool. I hate doing this, but if you think it will make you feel better about my opinions: I'm up every Sunday/Saturday morning and during the week mentoring and teaching kids the things the system you were in fails to do so because of all the laziness, apathetic moods, and generally shytty attitudes/sense of entitlement MANY teachers have. I've also raised money on several occasions for back to school supplies for kids. Unlike their teachers who complain but don't do anything.

No one respects a teacher. Everyone respects a GOOD teacher. There's a difference.

Breh, you've only been here to discuss me (for obvious reasons, you're touched). Discuss the thread and maybe we'll believe you aren't caught up emotionally Webster.

I don't ever recall you asking me that question or even answering it. The only thing I've done in this thread is counter misinformation that uninformed people are attempting to spread.

If you want to know the answer, I don't think it is a good idea to strike because it will ultimately screw the children over. That city as enough issues and children being out of school for idk how long will only exacerbate the issue. Are the teachers the only ones at fault in this situation...no. This has been going on for months and BOTH sides need to compromise for the sake of the children.

As far as getting into your personal life, you are the one who tried to slight me in regard to questioning my teaching (or whatever you said in the last post about being a "good" teacher). I will not let anyone question what I have done and continue to do for my (old) students (and what I will do in the future for many more).

Also, you haven't countered anything that I have said with facts or logic. I'm not perfect, but nothing I said in this thread was wrong.

ajkamkel

Chi-Town
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
None of you guys know what your talking about.

They are striking over a new law where the teachers have to get evaluated.

:duck: that law isn't the ONLY thing they striking over.....I have a mother, mother-n-law and a couple of friends that is teachers and principles, it's a bunch of things :leostare:

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest
The evaluations make no sense since it based off student performance on standardized tests. Picture losing your job because kids cant test right...and any factors that go into that don't matter.

Also Chicago is notorious for laying teachers off left and right.

Picture kids failing test because the teacher has been fed up with the school system for the last 10 years.You think someone gone bust they ass when students are gang banging,fighting in class,having shoot outs in front of the school and worst? Hell NO.And that is the problem breh.And for that they are wrong and im glad they about to get exposed.

These teachers are getting paid to teach.They are getting paid to teach.No matter what the condition is they are getting PAID to teach.

Please.You guys trying to defend the teachers. :snoop: Really? :pacspit:

The kids have been dealing with cramped class rooms and worthless teachers since kindergarten.You can tell when a teacher just doesn't care.We ALL had that teacher who was just fed up every time you went to the class.

fukk these greedy ass teachers and these worthless ass school systems.

Teaching gym in school? :snoop:

History? :usure:

Cooking? :skip:

debate? :skip:

spanish? :skip:

french? :snoop:

gtfo all these kids are set up to fail.These teachers know it and are going along with it as long as the pension is padded..

fukk em

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
I don't ever recall you asking me that question or even answering it. The only think I've done in this thread is counter misinformation that uninformed people are attempting to spread.
If you want to know the answer, I don't think it is a good idea to strike because it will ultimately screw the children over. That city as enough issues and children being out of school for idk how long will only exacerbate the issue. Are the teachers the only ones at fault in this situation...no. This has been going on for months and BOTH sides need to compromise for the sake of the children.
As far as getting into your personal life, you are the one who tried to slight me in regard to questioning my teaching (or whatever you said in the last post about being a "good" teacher). I will not let anyone question what I have done and continue to do for my (old) students (and what I will do in the future for many more).
Also, you haven't countered anything that I have said with facts or logic. I'm not perfect, but nothing I said in this thread was wrong.

So you didn't see me bring up that point several times over? Even in the post where you wanted to start discussing me? Sure thing.

You said that you were teacher, but then get mad when someone asks you about teaching in a teaching thread? You volunteered that info so don't get mad when its used back at you.

You've proven yourself right on ethically/morally wrong stances, yes. You're here insinuating that these teachers are good teachers, when they are not. Supporting a strike that is built on depriving the students of better educators just so someone can get paid. The fact that they strike for this before ever thinking to strike for better school conditions/supplies shows you how crappy they are. Why you are defending them, I have no idea.

ComputersPutin

All Star
Daps
Picture kids failing test because the teacher has been fed up with the school system for the last 10 years.You think someone gone bust they ass when students are gang banging,fighting in class,having shoot outs in front of the school and worst? Hell NO.And that is the problem breh.And for that they are wrong and im glad they about to get exposed.

These teachers are getting paid to teach.They are getting paid to teach.No matter what the condition is they are getting PAID to teach.

You not making any sense lol You just listed traits of kids with behavior issues that come into the schools every day. Then in same breath say the teachers need to teach. You don't teach behavior, social issues, domestic and family conditions, personal life struggles of a person.....you teach them to the best of you ability but you cant take the test for a student.

I had great teachers in my school that taught well and put in alot of work. Our test scores were still low because folks sat down , took that test and didnt care. :troll: Most students dont care about a test they dont need to graduate. But that same test will keep a teacher from having a job?

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Again, please read. I am not a teacher anymore. I am a PhD student. However, I have been out of the classroom since May of 2011. I still have a group of parents who call me to get advice about schooling decisions (even about how to deal with difficult teachers). I tutor 2 of my students from the 2009 school year via skype (I do that while living almost 10 hours away from them). I plan to make a difference as a doctorate level researcher who has the knowledge and authority to help school districts to run more effectively. What are you doing to help the lives of students?

You mind if I ask what school?

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
So you didn't see me bring up that point several times over? Even in the post where you wanted to start discussing me? Sure thing.

You said that you were teacher, but then get mad when someone asks you about teaching in a teaching thread? You volunteered that info so don't get mad when its used back at you.

You've proven yourself right on ethically/morally wrong stances, yes. You're here insinuating that these teachers are good teachers, when they are not. Supporting a strike that is built on depriving the students of better educators just so someone can get paid. The fact that they strike for this before ever thinking to strike for better school conditions/supplies shows you how crappy they are. Why you are defending them, I have no idea.

You seem to have issues with reading comprehension. No where did I say that any of these teachers were good. I just said that I didn't think the strike was a good idea (yet you just told me that I support it). Just because I won't villainize all teachers doesn't mean I am pro strike. I said you can't call all of them lazy or say they don't work as much because of school hours that they didn't set. All teacher are NOT good. I would never say such a thing so stop trying to assign opinions to me that I don't have (they aren't all bad either like your posts imply). I never stated my opinion on whether they were wrong or right for striking until you just specifically asked me. Again, I think both sides need to compromise. I am not defending anyone, but I would never encourage anyone to accept working conditions that they felt were below standard. They are not just fighting about money. Please educate yourself.

I am not upset because someone asked me about teaching. I stated in more than one thread that I was a teacher. Ask me what you want, but don't you get mad when you don't get the answer you want. Don't get mad when people counter your uninformed opinion. The only source you had was about salary (which I haven't checked). All the other stuff you said was just bullshyt that you thought no one knew about.

I didn't adress you personally until YOU asked me when I was striking since I cared so much. Therefore, you addressed me personally first and I served your ass.

Until you can show me a post where I said the teachers were right for striking, please stop making up things to make yourself seem righteous.

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest
You not making any sense lol You just listed traits of kids with behavior issues that come into the schools every day. Then in same breath say the teachers need to teach. You don't teach behavior, social issues, domestic and family conditions, personal life struggles of a person.....you teach them to the best of you ability but you cant take the test for a student.

I great teachers in my school that taught well and put in alot of work. Our test scores were still low because folks sat down in took that test and didnt care. Most students dont care about a test they dont need to graduate. But that same test will keep a teacher from having a job?

I'm not asking for the teacher to teach behavior.I'm asking for a teacher to teach.If a teacher has 30 students in 1 class and 17 are failing what does the teacher do? There is no plan of attack for this.They just keep letting the kids fail and wait for them to drop out.That's the reason you had great teachers, but low test scores.They did just enough to get by.They didn't come to work with a plan to get the whole class on the same page.They sat there and watched kids fail and didn't bother to step in.

70% of public school 8th graders can't read or do math at a 8th grade level.

You telling me 70 % of 8th graders in America just don't care?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
:duck: that law isn't the ONLY thing they striking over.....I have a mother, mother-n-law and a couple of friends that is teachers and principles, it's a bunch of things :leostare:

Having raises based on student test and evaluation is unfair also. Cuz all the teachers from the dummy schools are destined to fail meanwhile teachers at Whitney young all gon be :eat:

ComputersPutin

All Star
Daps
I'm not asking for the teacher to teach behavior.I'm asking for a teacher to teach.If a teacher has 30 students in 1 class and 17 are failing what does the teacher do? There is no plan of attack for this.They just keep letting the kids fail and wait for them to drop out.That's the reason you had great teachers, but low test scores.They did just enough to get by.They didn't come to work with a plan to get the whole class on the same page.They sat there and watched kids fail and didn't bother to step in.

You telling me 70 % of 8th graders in America just don't care?

What made you wanna learn in school more? Your teacher or your parent?

Nobody wanted to go home with messed up grades or to know you are failing. But if you going home...and there are no consequences...a student will def walk in the class looking at a teacher like :aicmon:.

Standardized test results have so many variables that its crazy to put a persons job on the line for it. There are people who learn different or just aren't great test takers. Also when i was in HS there was a state test we had to take every year. It took up the whole day to take this test but it had no effect on you graduating and it wasn't a required test for college. But this test was obviously used in helping determine if our school was good academically. Well since students knew this...some didn't come to school (guess people at home didn't care) or some would come and just BS the test.