So Chicago Teachers Going On Strike Starting Today?

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
uhh thats not all true. the truth is, there are a ton of LOUSY teachers out there that got into the profession because of the long vacations and the great benefits and liveable wage pay for the time spent on the job.

there are good teachers who were turned into lazy/lousy i give up types due to the lack of parent involvement and a lot of times admistrative assistance from the higher ups.

then there are the good ones. who a lot of times have to make it work without all the equipment. and those that get more then enough equipment to make it work. yet still cant get it done.

its a combination of all types of teachers and classroom situations.

thats true to an extent. but what does that have to do with getting the supplies they need?
do you know how many teachers are excited and go all out their 1st year on the job. they do the decorations and have all these ideas in mind that they are going to teach.then the school year starts and their spirit gets broken because they can't get things as simple as color pencils and pens and can only make so many copies? and she can't even teach her own style cause she has to follow a curriculum so her class can pass standardize tests.
then the next year that once bright eyed bushy tail teacher is :sadcam: cause she knows how much BS she has to deal with.and she's only been teaching 2 years.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
So when do you plan on striking for your students school supplies since you CARE so much and are such a GOOD teacher? :ld:

If people read the article I posted, they'd see that as well. Pay is an issue they have already settled.

Most of those shytty teachers know they are about to get fired though. :ahh:

Again, please read. I am not a teacher anymore. I am a PhD student. However, I have been out of the classroom since May of 2011. I still have a group of parents who call me to get advice about schooling decisions (even about how to deal with difficult teachers). I tutor 2 of my students from the 2009 school year via skype (I do that while living almost 10 hours away from them). I plan to make a difference as a doctorate level researcher who has the knowledge and authority to help school districts to run more effectively. What are you doing to help the lives of students?

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
You asked me if I was mad or something at my previous teachers before that post, trying to reference my emotional state.

- Hit dogs holler. :ld:

If you think words on a screen are "spazzing" I'm gonna have to ask you to remove the OG from your name cause you're clearly emotional and very soft/sensitive. :pachaha:

- Deflection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Come at me wit somethin a lil betta folk. :ld:

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
A teacher huh? :troll: Sure :yeshrug:

Take out the evaluation and the trike is over.They threaten to strike every year because they know the union will save them in the end.This time a LAW was passed that the unions cant touch.Poor teachers have to prove themselves to get paid.

Why would I lie about it. I have the text in my phone. It says "don't let the media fool you, it has very little to do with money, and everything to do with honoring contracts, hiring/firing practices, school conditions"

Just because you guys live fake online lives doesn't mean we all do.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
Again, please read. I am not a teacher anymore. I am a PhD student. However, I have been out of the classroom since May of 2011. I still have a group of parents who call me to get advice about schooling decisions (even about how to deal with difficult teachers). I tutor 2 of my students from the 2009 school year via skype (I do that while living almost 10 hours away from them). I plan to make a difference as a doctorate level researcher who has the knowledge and authority to help school districts to run more effectively. What are you doing to help the lives of students?
But you think it's perfectly ethical and morally good for teachers to strike for their jobs and not strike for school supplies? You are dodging this question, we both know why.

And now because you're wrong, you want to jump into my personal life and what I do. Cool. I hate doing this, but if you think it will make you feel better about my opinions: I'm up every Sunday/Saturday morning and during the week mentoring and teaching kids the things the system you were in fails to do so because of all the laziness, apathetic moods, and generally shytty attitudes/sense of entitlement MANY teachers have. I've also raised money on several occasions for back to school supplies for kids. Unlike their teachers who complain but don't do anything.

No one respects a teacher. Everyone respects a GOOD teacher. There's a difference.
Breh, you've only been here to discuss me (for obvious reasons, you're touched). Discuss the thread and maybe we'll believe you aren't caught up emotionally Webster.

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest
Why would I lie about it. I have the text in my phone. It says "don't let the media fool you, it has very little to do with money, and everything to do with honoring contracts, hiring/firing practices, school conditions"

Just because you guys live fake online lives doesn't mean we all do.

Who you going to believe a teacher or me?:youngsabo:

That hoe want her check.I want better schools.

ComputersPutin

All Star
Daps
They are fighting over multiple things including evaluations, hiring/firing practices, contracts, and resources. At least that is what a Chicago teacher told me (maybe she is wrong).

^^ This is true. I have several people that are teachers right now and on strike.

The evaluations make no sense since it based off student performance on standardized tests. Picture losing your job because kids cant test right...and any factors that go into that don't matter.

Also Chicago is notorious for laying teachers off left and right...I know some older people who had that happen to them. The Union wants to make sure these people will have a chance at getting work at different schools if that happens.

Its mostly a job security issue...

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
In all seriousness, education is my life. I didn't always have the best educational experiences and that is the reason I am so passionate it. It is so easy to blame one group of people, but the whole damn system is broken.

A good public school education is what helped me get out of the down and negative station I was stuck in, and put me on the path that I'm on now. My only hope is to give the next generation of kids the same opportunities that we've had, instead of this environment where the teachers are worried about their jobs, and "performance reviews".

Of course some teachers didn't care about me, but the majority of them did. And it was that majority of caring teachers that I'll always remember.

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
Rahm Emanuel is a penny pinching fukk boy and i cursed the day he came into office :fire:

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
Breh, you've only been here to discuss me (for obvious reasons, you're touched). Discuss the thread and maybe we'll believe you aren't caught up emotionally Webster.

:heh: Only nikka dat's touched is you. You started all dis bullshyt by quotin me and talkin sidways in da first place because i agreed with another poster and not YOU. Don't pop shyt then try n flip da script when somebody actually responds you amnesia- ridden fruit cup.