So Chicago Teachers Going On Strike Starting Today?

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thAt is inaccurrate.

you dudes are talking about average salary.

did it list a real actual account of whom and what every teacher on every staff really gets. or is it swelled by other admin positions like counselors.

right i thought so,..
new cps class room school teachers do not make close to fifty thousand.

they make 36K,...

you dudes belief in nonsense are so impressionable.

no wonder shyt is the way it is.

art barr
art talking about starting does nothing. we're talking about the average.

and on that glass site, those are real teachers putting in the info. not some district employee at the top trying to skew the numbers. the truth is they start approx 41k to 43k. and the average is around 50k or so. again NOT BAD. not great. but NOT BAD considering benefits, working less then the supposed 6 hours a day or right up on it, winter and summer vacation. where you can even work summer school (if yall have that out there in the CHI). or you can tutor over the summer, get another job over the summer. your choice. or just kick it and rejuvenate. you know you will need that dealing with them chief keefs.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
Sweetie, the problem is you responding to a post that wasn't meant for you (and not knowing why I was asking what I was asking...not because that is what I want. It was a question to clarify someone else's logic). As far as I know board members don't even make salaries or very much if they do (I have a friend who is on a school board). I was talking about superintendents and high paid officials (and bonuses) in a time of financial crisis (again, a post that someone made about salary cuts during a crisis).
I was trying to help you understand something you clearly weren't getting. You may be a teacher, but you don't know how business works. I was using board members to account for all of them, but I should have specified.

If it wasn't a post that's meant for me or anyone else, hit that PM tip to the person you're talking to playa. Every post in here has a "quote" button for a reason. :pachaha:

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
The fact that the first thing you thought about was emotions when someone presented you with fact, instead of realizing you were wrong was telling enough no matter how many smilies you're posting. :yeshrug:

Exactly. You have no point but to co-sign a man with no proof and when it's pointed out, you result to emotional banter. :pachaha:

You brought dat emotional label shyt up first. :comeon:

All i did was ask you a question if you were wronged by a teacher in order to try n get an understanding of why you shyttin on em so hard. And you spazzed da fukk out like a bish who didn't get a warning about da money shot. :aicmon:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Then they should quit and find other jobs. I don't work for people who don't provide me with the tools I need.

bruh no public school teachers in america have the materials they need. again i say: you really don't know how this education system works

you dont have to fight every argument to the death. just admit you don't know what youre talking about. no one is gonna think you are stupid or any less of a person for doing so

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
I'll talk about that, but then I'll also talk about the teachers to. You pull the money out of your pocket and take the easy way out. If there's something you need from your employer, get it, instead of waiting for everything to drop and then striking and leaving everyone else hanging. You know who hurts when teachers strike? Not the superintendents. That's for sure. Children and Parents who have to find alternatives for their kids, parents who live in lower income areas where they just can't call out of work at the drop of a hat.

You would be lying if you said that? Did you never grow up with any good teachers? My teachers stayed until 6 on many days. You sign a contract, you know how much you get paid. You get summers off and still get paid for that.

NAme me a another job where I get 40K minimum and get summers off, even when the results I output are shytty. :damn:

Shoot playboy. You talkin' it. Shoot it. :beli:

Ignore fact for Art Barr feel good rhetoric then. :russ:

Sir, I didn't get paid for not working in the summer. They cut your check in way that your nine month salary is extended over the summer. My summer pay was based on work that I had already performed during the school year (only speak on what you know about). That is the point...these teachers are fighting for the district to uphold contracts.

Secondly, I had great teachers, but my mom picked me up when school was over so idk how long they were there at the end of the day. I was silly enough to think they had families and lives that they had to get to.

How do you suppose teachers make schools give them money for supplies when their parents won't buy them? Tell me how that process works in the public school system? Right now you are talking out of your ass...

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
bruh no public school teachers in america have the materials they need. again i say: you really don't know how this education system works

you dont have to fight every argument to the death. just admit you don't know what youre talking about. no one is gonna think you are stupid or any less of a person for doing so

uhh thats not all true. the truth is, there are a ton of LOUSY teachers out there that got into the profession because of the long vacations and the great benefits and liveable wage pay for the time spent on the job.

there are good teachers who were turned into lazy/lousy i give up types due to the lack of parent involvement and a lot of times admistrative assistance from the higher ups.

then there are the good ones. who a lot of times have to make it work without all the equipment. and those that get more then enough equipment to make it work. yet still cant get it done.

its a combination of all types of teachers and classroom situations.

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest
None of you guys know what your talking about.

They are striking over a new law where the teachers have to get evaluated.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
I was trying to help you understand something you clearly weren't getting. You may be a teacher, but you don't know how business works. I was using board members to account for all of them, but I should have specified.

If it wasn't a post that's meant for me or anyone else, hit that PM tip to the person you're talking to playa. Every post in here has a "quote" button for a reason. :pachaha:

I am actually a doctorate student now. I research this for a living now because it interested me so much when I was a teacher. YOU don't know how this works and you have too much of an ego to allow yourself to be schooled by someone who knows a little more than you.

School districts can make cuts how ever they want. Whether it be all employees (including the superintendent) or certain programs.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza

1. No public school you went to.
2. I know how the education system works better than you, but of course you think it makes sense for teachers who supposedly love teaching to strike for their own paychecks, but not for school supplies for their students? Ok.

*Strikes for Paycheck* - "I understand cause they love teaching'
*Will not strike for school supplies to better students* - "They are such good teachers"

Only in your universe.

You brought dat emotional label shyt up first. :comeon:
All i did was ask you a question if you were wronged by a teacher in order to try n get an understanding of why you shyttin on em so hard. And you spazzed da fukk out like a bish who didn't get a warning about da money shot. :aicmon:
You asked me if I was mad or something at my previous teachers before that post, trying to reference my emotional state.

If you think words on a screen are "spazzing" I'm gonna have to ask you to remove the OG from your name cause you're clearly emotional and very soft/sensitive. :pachaha:

Sir, I didn't get paid for not working in the summer. They cut your check in way that your nine month salary is extended over the summer. My summer pay was based on work that I had already performed during the school year (only speak on what you know about). That is the point...these teachers are fighting for the district to uphold contracts.
Secondly, I had great teachers, but my mom picked me up when school was over so idk how long they were there at the end of the day. I was silly enough to think they had families and lives that they had to get to.
How do you suppose teachers make schools give them money for supplies when their parents won't buy them? Tell me how that process works in the public school system? Right now you are talking out of your ass...
Even so, If you get paid 40K as a teacher, you're getting paid for months you are not working, much more than your average US citizen. In every calculation I did in this thread, I did it with a 52 week system.

So you too see the logic in striking for your own check, but not for school supplies for your students and still being considered a "good teacher".

The thing is, a good number of teachers suck, thought they would coast on the summer month vacation, and still complain when it's not all gravy.

No one here has yet to name me a job where I get 40K and summers off no matter how bad my output is.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a teacher getting paid a yearly salary for nine months of work?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps

They are fighting over multiple things including evaluations, hiring/firing practices, contracts, and resources. At least that is what a Chicago teacher told me (maybe she is wrong).

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
I am actually a doctorate student now. I research this for a living now because it interested me so much when I was a teacher. YOU don't know how this works and you have too much of an ego to allow yourself to be schooled by someone who knows a little more than you.
School districts can make cuts how ever they want. Whether it be all employees (including the superintendent) or certain programs.
So when do you plan on striking for your students school supplies since you CARE so much and are such a GOOD teacher? :ld:
If people read the article I posted, they'd see that as well. Pay is an issue they have already settled.

Most of those shytty teachers know they are about to get fired though. :ahh:

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh: Our day was 8:20 to 3:30, the hell is Chicago's school time so short for?

My guess is after the school activities, teachers and students would still be able to catch the train in the daylight to be more safe than normal american after school hours like say a six or seven at night?

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest
They are fighting over multiple things including evaluations, hiring/firing practices, contracts, and resources. At least that is what a Chicago teacher told me (maybe she is wrong).

A teacher huh? :troll: Sure :yeshrug:

Take out the evaluation and the trike is over.They threaten to strike every year because they know the union will save them in the end.This time a LAW was passed that the unions cant touch.Poor teachers have to prove themselves to get paid.