So Chicago Teachers Going On Strike Starting Today?

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
You seem to have issues with reading comprehension. No where did I say that any of these teachers were good. I just said that I didn't think the strike was a good idea (yet you just told me that I support it). Just because I won't villainize all teachers doesn't mean I am pro strike. I said you can't call all of them lazy or say they don't work as much because of school hours that they didn't set. All teacher are NOT good. I would never say such a thing so stop trying to assign opinions to me that I don't have (they aren't all bad either like your posts imply). I never stated my opinion on whether they were wrong or right for striking until you just specifically asked me. Again, I think both sides need to compromise. I am not defending anyone, but I would never encourage anyone to accept working conditions that they felt were below standard. They are not just fighting about money. Please educate yourself.
I am not upset because someone asked me about teaching. I stated in more than one thread that I was a teacher. Ask me what you want, but don't you get mad when you don't get the answer you want. Don't get mad when people counter your uninformed opinion. The only source you had was about salary (which I haven't checked). All the other stuff you said was just bullshyt that you thought no one knew about.
I didn't adress you personally until YOU asked me when I was striking since I cared so much. Therefore, you addressed me personally first and I served your ass.
Until you can show me a post where I said the teachers were right for striking, please stop making up things to make yourself seem righteous.
Being that you completely miss and skip over entire parts of posts and then claim you didn't see them, complete with misreading other posts, I'd say you have this same reading problem too. :heh: If you are a woman that wants to be respected, you don't have to start every post as a psuedo insult. Cause you aren't reading as well, and frankly, I'm like blehhhhh on pointing it out at this point.

Let me clarify, You think the basis of the strike was good/working towards something good, and you think some teachers are in the wrong too (of course, nothing is absolute, 100% of teachers will never be bad or good). I don't think the school board is really wrong here in any form or fashion. I don't think there's anything wrong with asking teachers to meet requirements for students education. Like I said earlier in the thread, most people here are Democrats and love this little workers fighting the big man idea. I'm the one who posted the article in here, I know what they are arguing about. I know it's about more than money. The post you just quoted, wasn't about money, in fact. Lol. You haven't even clicked the articles in here I've posted. :heh: So if you think the only thing I've posted about is money, that just shows you aren't reading what I've been typing. Go back and read and then maybe you'll catch what I'm talking about.

You tried to use your career (a personal thing) to gain an edge in the discussion over someone else as if that would make you the only source of knowledge on the subject (which it doesn't. I know dumb people with Ph.Ds). I'm sure there's someone who is a teacher who has a Ph.D. who will promptly disagree with you.

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest
What made you wanna learn in school more? Your teacher or your parent?

My teacher.I had a white sexy bytch who use to make us sit on the ground and read the entire chapter together,as 1.If you thought you was too cool she would either sit you in the hallway or send you to the office.

I also had teachers who couldn't wait for people to speak loud or out of turn so they could kick them out of class.Teachers who didn't give a fukk and let it be known. I remember a WHITE teacher told a black STUDENT she didn't care about his future because she would be retired when he started working at Mc Donalds.

The entire school system needs to be re done.in 2012 no one should be learning history,phys ed, another language,health and whatever bullshyt they putting in schools.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
These teachers will get a 16% raise over the next couple of years, have to only pay $240 yearly for benefits. That's a pretty good deal.

They only thing they are really worried about is being let go when they can't get their kids to do better. That's their problem and that's why they are mad. MAd because the school district wants teachers who will help students succeed.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Being that you completely miss and skip over entire parts of posts and then claim you didn't see them, complete with misreading other posts, I'd say you have this same reading problem too. :heh: If you are a woman that wants to be respected, you don't have to start every post as a psuedo insult.

Let me clarify, You think the basis of the strike was good/working towards something good. I don't think the school board is really wrong here in any form or fashion. I don't think there's anything wrong with asking teachers to meet requirements for students education. Like I said earlier in the thread, most people here are Democrats and love this little workers fighting the big man idea. I'm the one who posted the article in here, I know what they are arguing about. I know it's about more than money. The post you just quoted, wasn't about money, in fact. Lol. You haven't even clicked the articles in here I've posted. :heh: So if you think the only thing I've posted about is money, that just shows you aren't reading what I've been typing. Go back and read and then maybe you'll catch what I'm talking about.

You tried to use your career (a personal thing) to gain an edge in the discussion over someone else as if that would make you the only source of knowledge on the subject (which it doesn't. I know dumb people with Ph.Ds). I'm sure there's someone who is a teacher who has a Ph.D. who will promptly disagree with you.

Please show me what you asked me specifically that I skipped over. You quote multiple people and I only answer what is address to me and I usually do so point by point. I am not scared to answer anything. It is a message board and none of you know me in real life. I don't have to dodge anything. I question your reading comprehension because you have misread multiple posts of mine and inferred things that were not there (completely making things up). If I missed ONE question that you asked me and then answered it clearly, boldly, and unapologetically then sorry. However, I haven't dodged anything you said and again, I address your post point by point.

I don't think the strike is good, but I understand the point of a strike (in general). I don't think there is anything wrong with having standards for teacher (duh...it is apart of the job) nor do I think there is anything wrong with teachers asking districts for resources, fair hiring/firing practices, or better working conditions. They are both at fault because this mess has been going on for a long time.

Also, I didn't try to use my old career to try to gain edge. You were stating a lot of opinions as facts that simply were wrong. I told you what was right. No I am not the only source of knowledge (all districts aren't even the same). I only addressed things that I knew about specifically and I let other people address things that they know about. Any could disagree with some of my opinions, but they can't disagree with my facts such as teacher summer pay (which is one of the things I corrected you on).

Also I really want to know what post(s) I misread. What did I "skip" other than a question that you probably didn't ask me specifically? I'll wait...

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
If they worked a full 8 hours like teachers across country do, they'd still make a little under $40 an hour (like 39.58).

Anyone who feels bad for them is being foolish. They have it damn good for people who are generally horrible at their job.

You output a whole bunch of numbers/machines/strategies/etc. that do not work and let's see how long you have a job, let alone get paid $60 an hour to do so. :aicmon:

Yeah, let's just ignore the fact that teachers are teaching human beings

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
They only thing they are really worried about is being let go when they can't get their kids to do better. That's their problem and that's why they are mad. MAd because the school district wants teachers who will help students succeed.

And they should be worried about this.

You can be the worlds greatest teacher that doesn't mean that teaching atleast 20 kids at 1 time with all different types of learning abilities and personal issues are going to all succeed on some standardized test just because you can teach well.

There is no way to effectively measure who is a good teacher from one classroom to the next.

Btw, stop :troll:

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
Please show me what you asked me specifically that I skipped over. You quote multiple people and I only answer what is address to me and I usually do so point by point. I am not scared to answer anything. It is a message board and none of you know me in real life. I don't have to dodge anything. I question your reading comprehension because you have misread multiple posts of mine and inferred things that were not there (completely making things up). If I missed ONE question that you asked me and then answered it clearly, boldly, and unapologetically then sorry. However, I haven't dodged anything you said and again, I address your post point by point.
I don't think the strike is good, but I understand the point of a strike (in general). I don't think there is anything wrong with having standards for teacher (duh...it is apart of the job) nor do I think there is anything wrong with teachers asking districts for resources, fair hiring/firing practices, or better working conditions. They are both at fault because this mess has been going on for a long time.
Also, I didn't try to use my old career to try to gain edge. You were stating a lot of opinions as facts that simply were wrong. I told you what was right. No I am not the only source of knowledge (all districts aren't even the same). I only addressed things that I knew about specifically and I let other people address things that they know about. Any could disagree with some of my opinions, but they can't disagree with my facts such as teacher summer pay (which is one of the things I corrected you on).
Also I really want to know what post(s) I misread. What did I "skip" other than a question that you probably didn't ask me specifically? I'll wait...
I question your reading too as you have done the same. Move the fukk on. Damn. Neither of us stating such is proving a point towards what we are discussing and it's actually a trivial thing. :pachaha:

What's so bad about the working conditions that teachers across the country don't have to deal with? Again, people who were educated through school act like they are ignorant to all of this before they took the career and then want to deprive everyone else post-realization.

You didn't state anything that was right. Just a bunch of rhetoric that made you feel good. You didn't correct me on teachers pay. You get 40K to work 9 months, regardless of how it's spread out in the summer time. As I said BEFORE, I've been calculating the salary under 52 WEEK (a YEAR'S LENGTH) and teachers still make out good of GP of starting salary. That's the only thing you touched that has a concrete basis, and even there you just restated what I already typed. Everything else has been rhetoric and nothing else.

Yeah, let's just ignore the fact that teachers are teaching human beings
So just because you are human now, that means you shouldn't get fired. :wow:

Imagine if you failed at your job and they kept you on regardless, not only you, but everyone in the company. How does anyone ever succeed?

Chicago is a tough district. I'm pretty sure the city understand that so that's why they are taking this action. They aren't saying "You can never teach again" and taking away certifications, they are saying "Maybe the city isn't the best for you to teach in because we understand it takes a lot here"

Students shouldn't be stuck with teachers who can't handle them just because they've been doing it.

I'm not trolling Dozen. :yeshrug: :smugfavre:

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
I question your reading too as you have done the same. Move the fukk on. Damn. Neither of us stating such is proving a point towards what we are discussing and it's actually a trivial thing. :pachaha:

What's so bad about the working conditions that teachers across the country don't have to deal with? Again, people who were educated through school act like they are ignorant to all of this before they took the career and then want to deprive everyone else post-realization.

You didn't state anything that was right. Just a bunch of rhetoric that made you feel good. You didn't correct me on teachers pay. You get 40K to work 9 months, regardless of how it's spread out in the summer time. As I said BEFORE, I've been calculating the salary under 52 WEEK (a YEAR'S LENGTH) and teachers still make out good of GP of starting salary. That's the only thing you touched that has a concrete basis, and even there you just restated what I already typed. Everything else has been rhetoric and nothing else.

So just because you are human now, that means you shouldn't get fired. :wow:

Imagine if you failed at your job and they kept you on regardless, not only you, but everyone in the company. How does anyone ever succeed?

Chicago is a tough district. I'm pretty sure the city understand that so that's why they are taking this action. They aren't saying "You can never teach again" and taking away certifications, they are saying "Maybe the city isn't the best for you to teach in because we understand it takes a lot here"

Students shouldn't be stuck with teachers who can't handle them just because they've been doing it.

I'm not trolling Dozen. :yeshrug: :smugfavre:

No I haven't. Again, I will wait for you to show me all this stuff that I misread and misinterpreted. You can't because I always address you point by point. Sweetie, I did correct you. I did state things that were right based on all of bs that you stated that was wrong. Sweetie, working conditions are bad across the country for many high poverty teachers (meaning that learning conditions are bad for poor students), but some states are non-union states so they couldn't strike even if they wanted to (not that I would encourage them to do it anyway). Honestly I can only imagine how it is to teach in Chicago just because the city is so horrible in general.

Also, If you think you know everything about being a teacher based on your school experiences years ago, then you keep being misinformed. I graduated from school just after NCLB was enacted which completely changed the education system. I didn't learn from a script that my teacher had to read verbatim. As far as I remember, my teacher did have autonomy. My teacher had planning time everyday (which meant we had specials). Hell I even remember having recess as an elementary school student, but hey that was 20 years ago.

Also, If you want me to stop responding to you. Stop quoting me.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
I don't think I know everything, but I don't think you're right. There's a difference.

Im on my phone so I'm obviously not going through everything. Besides places where I was not reading your whole post, where have I been wrong or where has anything you've stated not been a restatement of what I already typed?

Where did I tell you to stop responding? Emotional projections. I'm very patient. I can work with people trying to argue against logic. The school board has offered pay raises and a great benefits package in exchange for teachers who can help their students succeed. No number of phd's can argue against the mission the school system is trying to complete.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
I don't think I know everything, but I don't think you're right. There's a difference.

Im on my phone so I'm obviously not going through everything. Besides places where I was not reading your whole post, where have I been wrong or where has anything you've stated not been a restatement of what I already typed?

Where did I tell you to stop responding? Emotional projections. I'm very patient. I can work with people trying to argue against logic. The school board has offered pay raises and a great benefits package in exchange for teachers who can help their students succeed. No number of phd's can argue against the mission the school system is trying to complete.

That is the point. I have not been arguing about whether the school board or teachers are right or wrong. I didn't say my phd made me right (inferiority complex?). All of my post were about misinformation in your post (not even about the strike or the arguments specifically).

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And they should be worried about this.

You can be the worlds greatest teacher that doesn't mean that teaching atleast 20 kids at 1 time with all different types of learning abilities and personal issues are going to all succeed on some standardized test just because you can teach well.

There is no way to effectively measure who is a good teacher from one classroom to the next.

sure there is. to say there's no way to measure performance even amongst teachers is a cop out.
now i'm not saying the way the district has it setup will work. but there is a way to pull it off. it just needs to be done correctly.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
That is the point. I have not been arguing about whether the school board or teachers are right or wrong. I didn't say my phd made me right (inferiority complex?). All of my post were about misinformation in your post (not even about the strike or the arguments specifically).

Yeah. And all of your info about the strike have come from biased friends who are teachers in Chicago :dead:

My point of the phd shows even though you think you are educated on a subject you can still be wrong and led by your own bias. I am not in a career field where a phd is valued so kill your thoughts about an inferiority complex. LOL @ the thought. If the only thing in discussion is the strike and you're not talking about that, why ever address my posts or this thread about the strike? You keep saying you're not talking about it but youre in a thread about it and you're first post in here was to someone discussing such? You make no sense. And then if you agree with what I'm typing and you keep saying you see nothing wrong with my general ideas about the strike, what are you even debating? Lol.

I already posted an unbiased link about the strike and it's dealings. :ld: You haven't posted anything new or anything factual that hasn't been stated.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Yeah. And all of your info about the strike have come from biased friends who are teachers in Chicago :dead:

My point of the phd shows even though you think you are educated on a subject you can still be wrong and led by your own bias. I am not in a career field where a phd is valued so kill your thoughts about an inferiority complex. LOL @ the thought. If the only thing in discussion is the strike and you're not talking about that, why ever address my posts or this thread about the strike? You keep saying you're not talking about it but youre in a thread about it and you're first post in here was to someone discussing such? You make no sense. And then if you agree with what I'm typing and you keep saying you see nothing wrong with my general ideas about the strike, what are you even debating? Lol.

I already posted an unbiased link about the strike and it's dealings. :ld: You haven't posted anything new or anything factual that hasn't been stated.

Ummmm...I addressed your post because I hate when people make stupid generalizations about teaching and the teaching profession when they are clearly uninformed. My responses were to specific things you and other people said. Most of all, YOU are the person that kept misquoting me when I asked someone else (not you) a question (that is how this whole back and forth started...you jumped into something without reading the context). You started correcting my QUESTION and telling me what I thought about the situation. Of course I am going to respond to you. Why would I let you tell me what my opinion is when it is not my opinion?

OVERALL, I had to state my opinion (debate you) because you kept TELLING ME WHAT I WAS SAYING when my post had NEVER addressed any of the things you were talking about. Go back and read your posts. You were infering things from my post that I never said. OF COURSE, I will debate you and tell you that you are misreading my posts and then state my accurate opinion. Again all of this could have been avoided had you read and stop trying to tell me what I think. Do you get it now?

Also the only reason my phd kept coming up was because I clearly stated I was no longer a teacher, yet your misreading self kept talking about me being a teacher in the present tense. Most of my posts have been unbiased. I said that not all teacher are good (yet you told me I said that). I also said that not all teacher are bad. I said both sides need to compromise. I said most teachers work longer than they are suppose to. I said the strike would hurt the children (although you told me I suppor the strike while quoting the post that said what I really thought about the strike). I said charter teachers have more autonomy (which is key to overall job satisfaction as a teacher).

:why:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You telling me 70 % of 8th graders in America just don't care?

No child left Behind. Either you find a way for the poor performing kids to pass or you lose school funding. That's what is happening all over the country, esp in the urban areas.

That shyt that went down in Atlanta with the rampant cheating scandal was hilarious to me, because I knew what the deal was. You better believe the principals told these teachers to find a way for these kids to pass so that the school doesn't lose its funding. My mother in law retired a few years ago from teaching and the changes and power she had as a teacher when she started in the 70s up until she retired in the earlier 2000s was night and day. You got the kids of the kids of the kids she taught completely unruly and not giving a fukk and the parents of course believing the kid. I remember coming up in school and no way in fukking hell would my parents believe me over the teacher.

but nowadays shyt is a joke, you want these teachers to not only pass kids who have no business going on to the next grade just so the school doesn't lose its funding over poor grade performance and you got them being parents to the least respectful, piss poor parented kids ever. I don't idolize teachers having to deal with the bullshyt they have to deal with in this day and age.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
My teacher.I had a white sexy bytch who use to make us sit on the ground and read the entire chapter together,as 1.If you thought you was too cool she would either sit you in the hallway or send you to the office.

I also had teachers who couldn't wait for people to speak loud or out of turn so they could kick them out of class.Teachers who didn't give a fukk and let it be known. I remember a WHITE teacher told a black STUDENT she didn't care about his future because she would be retired when he started working at Mc Donalds.

The entire school system needs to be re done.in 2012 no one should be learning history,phys ed, another language,health and whatever bullshyt they putting in schools.

Problem is that is "not fair" or child abuse now. :manny:

The little kids parents will come in and cuss the teacher out and shyt over something like that. "you're picking on my kid, etc."

And teachers are human. You get tired of disrespectul mufukkas fukking up the class and disrupting shyt for the other kids who are there to teach.