So Chicago Teachers Going On Strike Starting Today?

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
ay art, on most thing i ride and die with the teachers. my mom was a school professional in the special ed dept her entire life. i even did a hint of student teaching when i was in college. so i got love for my teachers across the nation/the globe. BUT if they are really making good money like that and only working til 2:30pm. i dont care if you start at 8. you better be going to 3:15. just like my teachers had to do. its obvious the short day aint cutting it for the kids. the kids are beyond behind in the chi.

unless the reason for the hour cuts is due to the state being broke. but if thats the case then the teachers pay is supposed to be cut as well to compensate for the lesser time spent. thats how it goes.
and go back up and look at the stats i posted. that wasnt some fake website. that site had their salaries dating back to the 60's. all the way up to the 2010-2011 school year. so what dude said about average salary is actually correct per those stats.

Should superintendents and other officials get a pay cut too or just the teachers? Because they (big officials) often still get their increases and bonuses during these times. That is often why teachers get pissed. Why are teachers the only people that should hold that weight on their shoulders?

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
an average an actuality is not true.
the average salary for a classroom teacher in cps is 36k.
You keep typing it, but have posted no verifiable truth besides word of mouth. I have posted verifiable sources and can post more. Where's your's? :dwillhuh:

Should superintendents and other officials get a pay cut too or just the teachers? Because they (big officials) often still get their increases and bonuses during these times. That is often why teachers get pissed. Why are teachers the only people that should hold that weight on their shoulders?
The same reason why I can't dictate my bosses salary and neither can no one else besides another boss. :mindblown:

In what place does any starting level employee make more than their senior/manager? :what: :mindblown:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
ay art, on most thing i ride and die with the teachers. my mom was a school professional in the special ed dept her entire life. i even did a hint of student teaching when i was in college. so i got love for my teachers across the nation/the globe. BUT if they are really making good money like that and only working til 2:30pm. i dont care if you start at 8. you better be going to 3:15. just like my teachers had to do. its obvious the short day aint cutting it for the kids. the kids are beyond behind in the chi.

unless the reason for the hour cuts is due to the state being broke. but if thats the case then the teachers pay is supposed to be cut as well to compensate for the lesser time spent. thats how it goes.
and go back up and look at the stats i posted. that wasnt some fake website. that site had their salaries dating back to the 60's. all the way up to the 2010-2011 school year. so what dude said about average salary is actually correct per those stats.

the time the teachers go till has also been inaccurrately averaged as well.

as they changed their start dates and finish end times years ago.

stop believe'n everything you read.
also regardless of what the news say.

the teachers are right And cps always pimp slaps them into a horror movie based deal. based around the time elapsed and fAlse student moral high ground arguements and deflection. which is wrong as hell.
unless you grew up with teachers and went to school in cps.

you really have no idea of what you are talking about.

the pr for this story nationally everytime is always wrong.
plus erroneously swung and paid for in the favor of cps.
cps is the worst school system in america for fifty or more years.

art barr

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
Did you get hurt by a teacher in your past or somethin breh? :what:
Exactly. You have no point but to co-sign a man with no proof and when it's pointed out, you result to emotional banter. :pachaha:

I had great teachers. Charter/Magnet school. :birdman: They LOVED what they did, not because of the pay, but because they loved what they did. :win:

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
You keep typing it, but have posted no verifiable truth besides word of mouth. I have posted verifiable sources and can post more. Where's your's? :dwillhuh:

The same reason why I can't dictate my bosses salary and neither can no one else besides another boss. :mindblown:

In what place does any starting level employee make more than their senior/manager? :what: :mindblown:

...and I didn't say they should make more (please read what I was responding to before responding to me). I said if they are ALL public sector employees, shouldn't they ALL are get a cut if it is about saving tax dollars (eg. everyone gets a 10% cut). They are not private sector CEOs. This is public money. Does the public only care about what teachers make? That was the question.

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
Exactly. You have no point but to co-sign a man with no proof and when it's pointed out, you result to emotional banter. :pachaha:

I had great teachers. Charter/Magnet school. :birdman: They LOVED what they did, not because of the pay, but because they loved what they did. :win:

Da only one gettin emotional in hea is you breh. lol You're da one gettin all riled up, not me. :ld:

All i asked was if you were hurt by a former teacher in order to better explain your apparent animosity towards em. :ld:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there os difference between average and the real pay for teachers.

the average salary for a classroom teacher in cps is 36k.

my bm is/was a cps teacher.

i know what they mAke entry level for real.

stop believe'n pr and propaganda.
which has been swayed erroneously.
in the favor of cps for three or more decades, wrongly.

art barr
art, again go look at the stats i had in my previous post. its impossible that the average salar is 36k. you know why? because thats about entry level. and we know 100% of the teachers are not brand new teachers.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
They have the highest salary of all teachers across the country and they work less hours. They don't deserve a raise when compared to the work of other teachers.

Average pay is 76K. That's roughly $60 per hour. :ld:

LOL, my sister worked in Chicago public school for the last 15 years until last year when she finally got out and moved to upstate NY. The stories she told :wow: that school system is so corrupt and it is literally impossible to teach in Chicago public school. The money just aint worth the bullshyt in Chicago, and the cost of living is pretty high in Chi if you want to live somewhere halfway safe.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
...and I didn't say they should make more (please read what I was responding to before responding to me). I said if they are ALL public sector employees, shouldn't they ALL are get a cut if it is about saving tax dollars (eg. everyone gets a 10% cut). They are not private sector CEOs. This is public money. Does the public only care about what teachers make? That was the question.
So you think that a city trash man should make the same amount as a mayor since they are all financed by the public? :rudy:
in order to better explain your apparent animosity towards em. :ld:
The fact that you think I have animosity for talking pure facts only shows how emotional you are. Everyone on my Twitter timeline is have the same discussion with the same facts, no "you mad"s thrown out yet. Y'all jsut don't know how to handle yourselves.

You're literally jumping on the nuts of anything counter-what I'm typing just because it makes you feel better about teachers. :pachaha:

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps

Guess what? Charter (idk about magnet) school teachers often make more money and are happier because they have autonomy and decision making power in the school. In my district, my charter school teacher friends made $10, 000 than me as a starting teacher. Charter school teachers often play a big role in starting and structuring the curriculum and school. They are shown from the start that they matter.

Public school teachers are fighting for some of those same things.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

you are one of the biggest nonsensical posters historically on this board.
so spare me your facts that are skewed in pr you read.
i know for real what is occurring and has always occurred for thirty years plus here in cps.

art barr