So Chicago Teachers Going On Strike Starting Today?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
art, again go look at the stats i had in my previous post. its impossible that the average salar is 36k. you know why? because thats about entry level. and we know 100% of the teachers are not brand new teachers.

they do not make close to fifty grand to start.
stop believe'n skewed pr payed for by cps.
i wish you dudes would learn what pr is.
this story is always skewed wrongly and covered up by spread sheet marketing and erroneous facts.

art barr

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
*NO FACTS* :troll:

Just as I thought. :comeon:

Guess what? Charter (idk about magnet) school teachers often make more money and are happier because they have autonomy and decision making power in the school. In my district, my charter school teacher friends made $10, 000 than me as a starting teacher. Charter school teachers often play a big role in starting and structuring the curriculum and school. They are shown from the start that they matter.
Public school teachers are fighting for some of those same things.
I know Charter school teachers get paid more. Why should they (public school teachers) get the same thing are a charter school when the 2 exist under 2 completely different means of regulation/standards? When charter school teachers, on average, teach wayyyyyy better than public school ones.

I don't ask for the pay of a doctor working when the only thing I've done is graduate from Everest. :what: :skip:

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
So you think that a city trash man should make the same amount as a mayor since they are all financed by the public? :rudy:

The fact that you think I have animosity for talking pure facts only shows how emotional you are. Everyone on my Twitter timeline is have the same discussion with the same facts, no "you mad"s thrown out yet. Y'all jsut don't know how to handle yourselves.

You're literally jumping on the nuts of anything counter-what I'm typing just because it makes you feel better about teachers. :pachaha:

OMG can you please read? I asked should they all get the same percentage pay cut (I'm pretty sure I even used an example). I didn't say ANYTHING about them making the same thing (they are two different positions). The post you quoted explained it clearly. Don't quote me if you are not going to read. I can't have an intelligent conversation with someone who infers things that I didn't type. Plus I was asking that question in response to someone who mentioned that if the city needs to make cuts then people salaries should get cut. I wanted to know if HE only thought teachers deserved a pay cut.

Again, I said should everyone get a pay cut (example 10% across the board) or should teachers only get a pay cut?

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
You're literally jumping on the nuts of anything counter-what I'm typing just because it makes you feel better about teachers. :pachaha:

Again how are you readin any remote emotions from anything i've posted? :ld:

You're da one neck rollin n suckin your teef typin out paragraphs n shyt. :ld:

Another failed attempt at projection. Try again. :ld:

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit I'd be on strike too if this dude was sitting in my class
tumblr_m4ors75RCY1qe25w3o1_1280.jpg

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
I'll talk about that, but then I'll also talk about the teachers to. You pull the money out of your pocket and take the easy way out. If there's something you need from your employer, get it, instead of waiting for everything to drop and then striking and leaving everyone else hanging. You know who hurts when teachers strike? Not the superintendents. That's for sure. Children and Parents who have to find alternatives for their kids, parents who live in lower income areas where they just can't call out of work at the drop of a hat.

You would be lying if you said that? Did you never grow up with any good teachers? My teachers stayed until 6 on many days. You sign a contract, you know how much you get paid. You get summers off and still get paid for that.

NAme me a another job where I get 40K minimum and get summers off, even when the results I output are shytty. :damn:

Shoot playboy. You talkin' it. Shoot it. :beli:

Ignore fact for Art Barr feel good rhetoric then. :russ:

you dont know how this education system works do you :pachaha:

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Just as I thought. :comeon:

I know Charter school teachers get paid more. Why should they (public school teachers) get the same thing are a charter school when the 2 exist under 2 completely different means of regulation/standards? When charter school teachers, on average, teach wayyyyyy better than public school ones.

I don't ask for the pay of a doctor working when the only thing I've done is graduate from Everest. :what: :skip:

Never did I say they should get the same pay. I wanted others on the board to know that they shouldn't fall for you comparing apples and oranges. Those teachers work in completely different conditions.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
upon further review. i found CPS salaries on another website independent of the district.

Chicago Public Schools Salaries | Glassdoor

the average salarys are around 50k or so. still far from 36k that art is saying.

thAt is inaccurrate.

you dudes are talking about average salary.

did it list a real actual account of whom and what every teacher on every staff really gets. or is it swelled by other admin positions like counselors.

right i thought so,..
new cps class room school teachers do not make close to fifty thousand.

they make 36K,...

you dudes belief in nonsense are so impressionable.

no wonder shyt is the way it is.

art barr

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
Whenever a politician like Rahm Emmanual comes along, a real slimy, a-moral "Democrat", fresh out of the Whitehouse where he pushed Obama to the right, stamped with the seal of approval of Obama takes over the reigns of a city like Chicago, the first thing he wants to do is cut 144 million dollars. Chicago hasn't had a teachers strike in TWENTY-FIVE YEARS, meaning the gov and the union have been working in unison up until today.

Which one of these two parties has changed? Richard Daley was the Mayor of Chicago since 1989 and through countless rounds of collective bargaining has maintained good relations with the teachers union. Rahm Emmanual, perhaps gearing up for a bigger run on a bigger stage, immediately picks a fight with the teachers union and asks them to pay for a fiscal crisis they did NOT create.

Friends, we must consider what each party wants in order for us to properly determine who is the guilty party in this narrative. Cicero asked "Cui Bono", which means, "Who Benifets", and that is where you find guilt and innocence.

If the Chicago Public School teachers want better teaching conditions, air conditioning, smaller class sizes, more control over their own curriculum, and good pensions so new teachers can be hired, who benefits? The teachers, and most importantly, THE STUDENTS.

If CPS teachers take a cut without gaining anything, which is what the city wants, who benifits? The fiscal picture of Chicago remains unchanged, and its the STUDENTS who take the cut. Kids don't have a union. If you cut 50k out of a schools budget they lose pens and pencils. If you cut 50k out of a schools pay pool they lose teachers and motivation.
Teachers should be paid to a point where they are not worried about pay, and focused on the very sensitive task at hand. Stand with the teachers and not the politicians. They raise your kids and want whats best for them, because that is ultimately whats best for the teachers.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
Again how are you readin any remote emotions from anything i've posted? :ld:
You're da one neck rollin n suckin your teef typin out paragraphs n shyt. :ld:
Another failed attempt at projection. Try again. :ld:
The fact that the first thing you thought about was emotions when someone presented you with fact, instead of realizing you were wrong was telling enough no matter how many smilies you're posting. :yeshrug:
OMG can you please read? I asked should they all get the same percentage pay cut (I'm pretty sure I even used an example). I didn't say ANYTHING about them making the same thing (they are two different positions). The post you quoted explained it clearly. Don't quote me if you are not going to read. I can't have an intelligent conversation with someone who infers things that I didn't type. Plus I was asking that question in response to someone who mentioned that if the city needs to make cuts then people salaries should get cut. I wanted to know if HE only thought teachers deserved a pay cut.
Again, I said should everyone get a pay cut (example 10% across the board) or should teachers only get a pay cut?
I don't think you know how cuts work, so that's why you have a problem.

There's only so much you can cut out of a board members salary. It still won't prove to be beneficial to the overall purpose of the cuts because they are small in number. Now, if I cut from 1000s of teachers across the city, the cuts will be more effective.

upon further review. i found CPS salaries on another website independent of the district.
Chicago Public Schools Salaries | Glassdoor
the average salarys are around 50k or so. still far from 36k that art is saying.
Glass door only records the averages of people who post their information. Not the actually information that really exists, so even that's a little skewed.

Never did I say they should get the same pay. I wanted others on the board to know that they shouldn't fall for you comparing apples and oranges. Those teachers work in completely different conditions.
I wasn't comparing them. Someone asked me about the quality of my teachers. I explained. Maybe you should take your own advice and read. :shaq:

you dont know how this education system works do you :pachaha:
Then they should quit and find other jobs. I don't work for people who don't provide me with the tools I need.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they do not make close to fifty grand to start.
stop believe'n skewed pr payed for by cps.
i wish you dudes would learn what pr is.
this story is always skewed wrongly and covered up by spread sheet marketing and erroneous facts.

art barr

art slow down. i didnt say 50 to start. i said 50 to 60 as the AVERAGE.

thats not starting wages.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
The fact that the first thing you thought about was emotions when someone presented you with fact, instead of realizing you were wrong was telling enough no matter how many smilies you're posting. :yeshrug:

I don't think you know how cuts work, so that's why you have a problem.

There's only so much you can cut out of a board members salary. It still won't prove to be beneficial to the overall purpose of the cuts because they are small in number. Now, if I cut from 1000s of teachers across the city, the cuts will be more effective.

Glass door only records the averages of people who post their information. Not the actually information that really exists, so even that's a little skewed.

I wasn't comparing them. Someone asked me about the quality of my teachers. I explained. Maybe you should take your own advice and read. :shaq:

Then they should quit and find other jobs. I don't work for people who don't provide me with the tools I need.

Sweetie, the problem is you responding to a post that wasn't meant for you (and not knowing why I was asking what I was asking...not because that is what I want. It was a question to clarify someone else's logic). As far as I know board members don't even make salaries or very much if they do (I have a friend who is on a school board). I was talking about superintendents and high paid officials (and bonuses) in a time of financial crisis (again, a post that someone made about salary cuts during a crisis).