So Chicago Teachers Going On Strike Starting Today?

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
well if your job told you to work 2 extra hours and take a pay cut, no ac in the class rooms during the summer at some schools, pay more in healthcare, u get a raise only if the kids who don't care comes to school, pass test or kids who don't want to learn distracting kids who want to learn, would you be ok with that :ld:

:what: Breh, didn't I say no one even gives a fukk about the teachers that gotta deal with the shytty environment in my initial post, :ld:?

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
They have the highest salary of all teachers across the country and they work less hours. They don't deserve a raise when compared to the work of other teachers.

Average pay is 76K. That's roughly $60 per hour. :ld:

Damn, teachers in GA only make about half of that.

wild100sboy

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
Southside, Chicago
This is sad. :snoop: Unfortunately, I am a product of the Chicago Public School system, and if I could go back and do it all over again, I would NOT be in a Chicago public schoo...'scust

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
fukk that, the teacher that does that kinda shyt is suspect as hell. if you willin to just walk out on my kid like that chances are more than likely, you don't care about teachin him or her shyt

they're not just teachers tho. half of them gotta be a parent too cause most kids don't have home training nowadays, they arent getting the basic needs at home(food, clothing, etc). they don't know how to act, it's harder for them to listen, pay attention, behave all of that (my mom was a principal i know this) so i can see where they're coming from. they sign up to educate not raise somebody else kid

ajkamkel

Chi-Town
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
so you fukk with the edcucation of KIDS to get what you want???

:beli: have you ever heard of a Union?
so if your boss tell you to work 2 extra hours and take a pay cut you cool with that :wtf:
so what if i tell you for 1 hr the kids will just sit there and do NOTHING for a hour, while no one watches them, its not all about the teachers $$$ it's about kids having their books on the 1ST day of school, not 2-3 months later while the teacher make copies and pass the pages out for the kids for every assignment.
Some people need to READ about the story and not just read a headline and form an opinion :mindblown: and by the way I am not a teacher either :smugfavre:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Speaking of the work day. Chicago public school had the shortest day in the country. Thy only go from 9-2:30.

The fukk? :wtf:

In high school I was there from 7:25-2:25.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

CoolazzFemale

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Small Town
Speaking of the work day. Chicago public school had the shortest day in the country. Thy only go from 9-2:30.

I had to go from 7:45 a.m - 2:30 pm :damn:. If these teachers get a raise they should also put these kids in school for 8 hours a day. Give and take :upsetfavre:

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
*watches youtube videos of chicago rappers

Looks like the teachers been on strike for about 16 years :merchant:

20120422083155-c7da98fc.gif

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
Word? The hell they striking for then:wtb:
If they worked a full 8 hours like teachers across country do, they'd still make a little under $40 an hour (like 39.58).

Anyone who feels bad for them is being foolish. They have it damn good for people who are generally horrible at their job.

You output a whole bunch of numbers/machines/strategies/etc. that do not work and let's see how long you have a job, let alone get paid $60 an hour to do so. :aicmon: