Small example of why schools should’ve stayed segregated.

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
“No child left behind” is a big problem, at least for my generation and younger. I knew several brehs who failed multiple classes and still got pushed to the next grade because teachers simply didn’t want to deal with them anymore. Of course those same kids drop out of high school as soon as they turn 16 and go on to work minimum wage jobs, thus repeating the cycle.

You hate to see it :mjcry:

It's funny because No Left Behind should have been the slogan behind exactly what this woman is doing, not no social promotion bullshyt. I'm seeing folks in their 20's who can't fukking count money, can't spell for shyt. No way in hell folks in their 20's shouldn't know the difference between their, there, and they're.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
You Gotta have some kind of tests to measure where you're at

The argument isn’t against testing.

It’s who creates the test, who measures and interprets the data, how that data is used in planning, who that planning benefits and hurts, how much testing should factor in your overall education experience, etc. etc.

Thread isn’t really even about that though.

It’s about a teacher talking to our children in a way that they understand with the ultimate goal of getting them to recognize what they’re up against and learning how to beat it.

From what I’ve seen in my little diggin, shorty is a pretty successful and respected educator in DC known for her effective no nonsense approach with our children.

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
I disagree with OP.

Black schools weren't doing too well during segregation as many didn't have the supplies to teach the proper curriculums that were needed to be a contributing member of society.

A lot of you pro-segregation cats are misguided and uninformed on the conditions of black ppl during those days especially in terms of education.

Last edited:

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
One of the issues is a lot of kids have classes for shyt that frankly they should only have a semester or two of (using hs as an example). Like us history and english literature need to just be one damn class and get that shyt out the way after 9th grade, pe needs to be an hour and they need to actually work out during that class instead of having that shyt as a free period. Like in alot of schools there aren't any classes that are interesting or teach important skills. We had an economics class in my school and we focused on taxes the last half of the semester and that shyt was crucial to me, but I got mad cause it was my senior year and I thought that shyt would be much more helpful and eye opening for 9th grade.

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
One of the issues is a lot of kids have classes for shyt that frankly they should only have a semester or two of (using hs as an example). Like us history and english literature need to just be one damn class and get that shyt out the way after 9th grade, pe needs to be an hour and they need to actually work out during that class instead of having that shyt as a free period. Like in alot of schools there aren't any classes that are interesting or teach important skills. We had an economics class in my school and we focused on taxes the last half of the semester and that shyt was crucial to me, but I got mad cause it was my senior year and I thought that shyt would be much more helpful and eye opening for 9th grade.

That's why the need to bring shyt like that back. You bring back the classes that were forgotten because of "budget cuts", start them in the 9th grade and in doing so after that year the student then can narrow down what they like and don't like, then move forward. Take those "necessities and fill them in. Remember when in high school the student actually got to pick their classes, shyt seems like it was forever ago.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Before integration you would go to a school with all black children, black teachers, black staff, black administrators, teaching a curriculum that was tailored to black children.

You kinda looking at a best case scenario of segregation with access to non-segregation technology/infrastructure. You arent looking at what true segregation means. Separate but equal just mean separate, equal was all the way out in left field.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
I disagree with OP.

Black schools weren't doing too well during segregation as many didn't have the supplies needed to teach the proper curriculums neede

A lot of you pro-segregation cats are misguided and uninformed on the conditions of black ppl during those days especially in terms of education.

Of course we had substandard supplies, equipment, etc.

That’s not the point and I’m not saying we need to go back to that.

Even with worse, we produced adults much better suited to function in society than we do today, because the current education system is not tailored to the needs of our children.

hatealot

Banned
Daps
This is true... due to teachers unions... the more “learning disabilities “ the more money the school can receive
My moms was a special ed teacher for 30 years. She said so many kids were missclassified as special ed. I never thought about the funding part. But it also begs the question is funds being funneled off somewhere else?

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
I feel like she is in a class of fukk ups and she is simply trying to motivate them to do something ANYTHING with their lives besides the bullshyt that they're doing. You can see that isn't a traditional classroom.

A lot of y’all probably don't understand this but a lot of inner city schools need more like this. Some children simply don't give a fukk about learning anything and they aren't getting the motivation at home. They come to school and hear this and it may just help.

The context of her saying she doesn't care about certain things is different because she is saying "yall don't care about this, but you should at least care about this". Unorthodox, yes but very much needed in certain situations.

Yes, and people need to start putting this shyt into that proper context.

I always have the thought...if a school was majority black, with funding, and the students are aware of the history...with funding...the teachers are all black and as successful as possible, and the school alum have a history of success too. Would these same students struggle :jbhmm:. You could even go down the rabit hole of how that would've affected the black family unit...jobs...wealth...everything :wow:

It almost sounds like I've described a regular ass white school...which nowadays would be private :beli:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
I think this thread title neglects a lot... Even out here in Chicago.... kids come from vicious backgrounds--gangs, poverty, a family of junkies...and you bring that to school... a classroom full of that. Think about trying to teach a class or just half the class full of those types

It's not as simple as the thread title makes you believe.... Even if there were all black teachers in those conditions...would that fix those problems?

The thread title wasn’t meant to tackle a lot.

If you read it, I purposely wrote a SMALL EXAMPLE, but of course nikkas gotta compete about who can type the most profound bullshyt for daps.

I knew that coming in..

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
It's funny because No Left Behind should have been the slogan behind exactly what this woman is doing, not no social promotion bullshyt. I'm seeing folks in their 20's who can't fukking count money, can't spell for shyt. No way in hell folks in their 20's shouldn't know the difference between their, there, and they're.

Facts.