Small example of why schools should’ve stayed segregated.

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
Yes, and people need to start putting this shyt into that proper context.

I always have the thought...if a school was majority black, with funding, and the students are aware of the history...with funding...the teachers are all black and as successful as possible, and the school alum have a history of success too. Would these same students struggle :jbhmm:. You could even go down the rabit hole of how that would've affected the black family unit...jobs...wealth...everything :wow:

It almost sounds like I've described a regular ass white school...which nowadays would be private :beli:

Yup and those private white school go to majority black schools and cherry-pick the ones that they want and leave the rest behind.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
Yes, and people need to start putting this shyt into that proper context.

I always have the thought...if a school was majority black, with funding, and the students are aware of the history...with funding...the teachers are all black and as successful as possible, and the school alum have a history of success too. Would these same students struggle :jbhmm:. You could even go down the rabit hole of how that would've affected the black family unit...jobs...wealth...everything :wow:

It almost sounds like I've described a regular ass white school...which nowadays would be private :beli:

Repped.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
One of the issues is a lot of kids have classes for shyt that frankly they should only have a semester or two of (using hs as an example). Like us history and english literature need to just be one damn class and get that shyt out the way after 9th grade, pe needs to be an hour and they need to actually work out during that class instead of having that shyt as a free period. Like in alot of schools there aren't any classes that are interesting or teach important skills. We had an economics class in my school and we focused on taxes the last half of the semester and that shyt was crucial to me, but I got mad cause it was my senior year and I thought that shyt would be much more helpful and eye opening for 9th grade.

This is so true breh..
Do you think student loan forgiveness would be an issue if they taught about loans and contracts in H.S?

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Of course we had substandard supplies, equipment, etc.

That’s not the point and I’m not saying we need to go back to that.

Even with worse, we produced adults much better suited to function in society than we do today, because the current education system is not tailored to the needs of our children.

Bro, you may not suggest it but your thread title sure does.

Let me tell you what you and PLENTY of people here already know...

'separate but equal' WILL NEVER EXIST.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
No, unless you were going to a private black school with great resources. During segregation black kids were still learning the same curriculum the white kids were learning except with fewer and substandard resources. When I was little my mom took me to the school she went to when she was little. She’s from the backwoods of TN so of course it was segregated. I remember her telling me about the dismal conditions of the books and the school itself. Flash forward to the present and schools are only integrated in name only. I live in Los Angeles and there’s an high school not far from my house that has majority of Black and Hispanic students. About 8-10 years ago an valedictorian from this school was accepted to an Ivy League college and ended up dropping out, because he was vastly behind in what they taught him at the school he graduated from. So technically speaking nothing has changed.
I'm open to the argument, but were we better off academically when we had segregated schools?

Last edited:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
She sounds like a thot.

Black men have failed the community.

She sounds like a young black woman trying to relate to children that she gives a fukk about.

Its sad your brain hears a young black woman speaking in her natural voice and automatically thinks “thot.”

That’s a you problem, brotha.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
She sounds like a young black woman trying to relate to children that she gives a fukk about.

Its sad your brain hears a young black woman speaking in her natural voice and automatically thinks “thot.”

That’s a you problem, brotha.

You're probably right but I still believe teachers should operate with a level of professionalism and decorum. Especially teachers in her position that teach young black students that probably don't see many "professional" black people in their personal lives. I don't think she needs to let her personally disposition leak out in front of those children.

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Just my opinion, I have similar convos with my co-worker, a former black male teacher of 12 years who is now in IT.

Keep telling him the same shyt I just said, separate but equal is not gonna exist.

As the post you repped stated, funding is paramount, but that got fukked over when people in positions to use those funds wisely decided to do the total opposite. It's a dirty game, a game we were going to lose. The question to ask is by how much?