Small example of why schools should’ve stayed segregated.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
I see what you're saying. It's complex. I feel like most schools are still segregated. Mine were 95% black...I went to a college prep charter school with high standards and a low level of tolerance for foolishness. It's now one of the best schools in the city and has a long waitlist. For most...you have to enter from the kindergarten level and go into highschool

Yup, which itself is another form of segregation!

Its not about being lazy, its motivation.

She speaking to her people bruh, in a black household this is exactly what being lazy is.
...at least that's how my momma used it :mjcry:

Daps
I think this thread title neglects a lot... Even out here in Chicago.... kids come from vicious backgrounds--gangs, poverty, a family of junkies...and you bring that to school... a classroom full of that. Think about trying to teach a class or just half the class full of those types

It's not as simple as the thread title makes you believe.... Even if there were all black teachers in those conditions...would that fix those problems?

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
But school segregation was about students not teachers. And a lot of districts are still in effect segregated regardless as the black (and brown depending on location) kids are in public vs white kids in private schools.

It was about both.

Do you know how many schools got shut down, teachers lost their jobs, and administrators were demoted to teachers due to integration?

You think they shut white schools down and started bussing white kids to the black schools?

Im not finna sit and have a petty argument with you because a couple schools in your hood is still mostly black.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Cause we need our people teaching our kids.

People that know how to talk to our kids.

People that know first hand the real struggles they’re facing.

Not looking at them as just a number but humans with real potential if it’s tapped.

I agree but it also starts with the parents. I had white teachers and black teachers. I was able to do well because I had the drive to do well. That’s not something my teachers had to instill into me. My parents were able to do that.

But I get your point. And it’s a point my math teacher in 10th grade made to me as well. She was Macon, GA. She said de-segregation did more harm to the black community than good and I do see her point.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
I agree but it also starts with the parents. I had white teachers and black teachers. I was able to do well because I had the drive to do well. That’s not something my teachers had to instill into me. My parents were able to do that.

But I get your point. And it’s a point my math teacher in 10th grade made to me as well. She was Macon, GA. She said de-segregation did more harm to the black community than good and I do see her point.

Of course it starts at home.

That’s another thread.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
That’s cute and all, but I have no reason to believe that speech is going to make them work harder.

Have seen that situation so many times. It starts at home. We have to be honest about the black community, our home life needs to change. The parents are supposed to teach their kids how to survive and thrive in this world. It's not suppose to be up to the schools to get them ready. They need to leave the house knowing how to go get it for themselves. It's just that so many parents don't know what they are doing. It's not just black folks either. If they leave the house not knowing they are being set up to be used by the system....

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
It was about both.

Do you know how many schools got shut down, teachers lost their jobs, and administrators were demoted to teachers due to integration?

You think they shut white schools down and started bussing white kids to the black schools?

Im not finna sit and have a petty argument with you because a couple schools in your hood is still mostly black.
So it's gone from how teachers talk to our kids to what teachers lost what jobs?
Breh I did grade school to a school district that was/is damn near 100% black. Most teachers were black, some not. Non-black teachers did not great us any different.

This isn't a petty argument, you opened a thread for discussion and I don't agree with the one size fits all implication you made.