Small example of why schools should’ve stayed segregated.

Daps
There are not that many, the majority of charter schools perform at, or slightly worse than, their public school peers.

It's also a way to siphon money from the already drained public school system.

The Kind Of Policy We Must Never Make Again | Current Affairs
Interesting. I don’t know all the stats but in Kansas City, charter schools are hit or miss. Some perform well like university academy (my former school), academie Lafayette (immersive French school. Your child will be fluent in french by 6th grade. My sister went here), Kauffman school

“Since University Academy started graduating seniors in 2004, 100% of its seniors have been accepted to 4 year colleges. In recent years, roughly 50% of University Academy seniors have received an acceptance from a Top 150 college or university as ranked by U.S. News & World Report. University Academy graduates who have been out of high school 6 years or longer have a college completion rate that is more than 5 times the national average for students from lowest quartile income families.”

Charter schools are sometimes the best alternatives to poorly performing public school where you have little choice as to where your child ends up because of your neighborhood... if you lie about your address you go to jail. Smh. I advocate for good charter schools when these public schools aren’t up to par. Just my two cents.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Need more male teachers.

Males don't respect those high pitch tones

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@tuckdog I figured you'd find this interesting bro.. excuse any typos, I had to transcribe from a pdf of Maryland Historical Magazine Fall 1976.

"Public Education and Black Protest in Baltimore 1865-1900" Written by historian, Bettye C. Thomas. Article starts on pg. 381

To be clear, the protesting that's referred to below was decades of protests in the late 1800s to "to eliminate the white teachers" from staff positions at black schools so that black teachers could teach black pupils.

http://www.msa.md.gov/megafile/msa/...00001/000000/000283/pdf/msa_sc_5881_1_283.pdf

By 1900 there was less antipathy respecting the employment of black teachers. In Baltimore as throughout the nation patterns of segregation were hardening and the city's Democratic-based leadership recognized that complete racial segregation in the schools was just one link in the chain. Besides, it satisfied the black leadership. As long as black teachers were not employed to teach white children, the Democratic leadership could approve of their employment.

By 1902 black teachers were hired to teach in over half of the black public schools. Within two years they staffed 75 percent of the schools and by 1907 they were in complete control. After forty years of protest blacks in Baltimore had achieved a goal that would later be challenged in the nation's highest court. Forty-seven years later in the Brown etal.v.the Board of Education of Topeka, Kansas, case, the Supreme Court ruled that segregation in public schools was unconstitutional.

One of the major reasons for the persistent protest of black leaders for the employment of black teachers was the issue of economics. The black leadership and the city's major black publication, the Afro-American, continued to underscore the point that white teachers did not have social contact with their pupils and questioned if they could fully perform their duties as teachers. It was stressed that white teachers could not help black children develop positive self concepts.

Last edited:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
@tuckdog I figured you'd find this interesting bro.. excuse any typos, I had to transcribe from a pdf of Maryland Historical Magazine Fall 1976.

"Public Education and Black Protest in Baltimore 1865-1900" Written by historian, Bettye C. Thomas. Article starts on pg. 381

To be clear, the protesting that's referred to below was decades of protests in the late 1800s to "to eliminate the white teachers" from staff positions at black schools so that black teachers could teach black pupils.

http://www.msa.md.gov/megafile/msa/...00001/000000/000283/pdf/msa_sc_5881_1_283.pdf

And that’s way back in the 1800s. :ohhh:

Thank you for adding this breh. :salute: