Small example of why schools should’ve stayed segregated.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cause we need our people teaching our kids.

People that know how to talk to our kids.

People that know first hand the real struggles they’re facing.

Not looking at them as just a number but humans with real potential if it’s tapped.

we need our people servicing us IN EVERYTHING

Racism is so engrained everything we do. Schools, medicine, military, laws, everything!!! Dope thread by the way @tuckdog

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
One day, hopefully everyone will be on the same page and realize how much integration really fukked us over
:gucci: 55 percent of the black race was below the poverty line at the beginning of the 1960s

I am not seeing integration as the greatest thing as it destroyed the concept of self sustainability, however segregation was literally hell on earth for the black race

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
You're probably right but I still believe teachers should operate with a level of professionalism and decorum. Especially teachers in her position that teach young black students that probably don't see many "professional" black people in their personal lives. I don't think she needs to let her personally disposition leak out in front of those children.

It’s also sad that your brain automatically associates hearing a European American dialect with proper decorum and professionalism, but a black woman has to conform to their standard of speaking in order to be perceived as professional and proper, despite all other aspects of her appearance and behavior being the same.

It’s not your fault.

Just another reason we need to get back to educating our own.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:gucci: 55 percent of the black race was below the poverty line at the beginning of the 1960s

I am not seeing integration as the greatest thing as it destroyed the concept of self sustainability, however segregation was literally hell on earth for the black race

And things still are hell on earth for black people.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
One day, hopefully everyone will be on the same page and realize how much integration really fukked us over
We could have intergrated without assimilating. Like Malcolm mentioned earlier segregation as a legal concept is unconstitutional and wrong.

But most smart ethnic groups know better than to be educated by their oppressors (just because they can and it’s easy)

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
And things still are hell on earth for black people.

You dont have any perspective on how bad shyt was pre integration.

1. More than half the black race was below the poverty line
2. The maniacally poor quality of basic services like water/sewage/health care
3. Blacks were getting less from their taxes than what they were putting in. Still like that but far worse back then .

A lot of "pro black" posters better talk with some ancestors on how shyt really was, or if you arent black, talk to some elderly black folk period.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We could have intergrated without assimilating. Like Malcolm mentioned earlier segregation as a legal concept is unconstitutional and wrong.

But most smart ethnic groups know better than to be educated by their oppressors (just because they can and it’s easy)

This is what I mean. Cooking and checking the this thread at the same time lol

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps

My breh, context.

Of course we were behind, there's no parallel universe were when we were forced here on boats that we wouldn't be behind. That's not really the point, and we need to stop reducing the argument to that because we'll always lose, like a breh just said.

Look, all of this is pie in the sky shyt but the fact of the matter is if we could've possibly been able to continue cultivating our own in a vacuum (and you can argue that we were doing that before segragation) we wouldn't be perpetually stepped on by the damn near infinite ways we've been fukked over now....which also includes poor whites.

I get what your saying, but I truly believe before segregation, our people were on the cusp to figuring out how to live in this land that don't want us breh :mjcry:

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You dont have any perspective on how bad shyt was pre integration.

1. More than half the black race was below the poverty line
2. The maniacally poor quality of basic services like water/sewage/health care
3. Blacks were getting less from their taxes than what they were putting in. Still like that but far worse back then .

A lot of "pro black" posters better talk with some ancestors on how shyt really was, or if you arent black, talk to some elderly black folk period.

My great grandfather is 95 and still kicking. My mother in law lived in Atlanta when they started to ended segregation. I understand no amount of movies and tv shoes will ever be able to do not only their stories but others justice because I’ve been told stories about it.

I grew up on the levee in MS not too far from where they tied Emitt Til up. I know cause I’ve heard all of the stories and seen real photos from that era

but another poster said it better than I did. Context is also needed on our past and current situation. We’re still leading in poverty and the racial wealth gap has not gotten any better. I’ll go back and read through it and tag you

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
No

No offense, but you aren't saying anything here. You certainly arent providing a valid counter argument to the economic statistics that demonstrated the struggle of black economic growth during the segregationist period.

Look, all of this is pie in the sky shyt but the fact of the matter is if we could've possibly been able to continue cultivating our own in a vacuum (and you can argue that we were doing that before segragation) we wouldn't be perpetually stepped on by the damn near infinite ways we've been fukked over now....which also includes poor whites.

Pie in the sky????

our people were on the cusp to figuring out how to live in this land that don't want us breh

I am providing you statistics and you are providing me a dream about "possibly been able to continue cultivating our own in a vacuum"

To overcome white supremacist, no matter what, you must be educated and think logically.

Emotional appeals to what "could" or "should" have been is a waste of time.

Look at what is in front of you

My breh, context.

Of course we were behind, there's no parallel universe were when we were forced here on boats that we wouldn't be behind. That's not really the point, and we need to stop reducing the argument to that because we'll always lose, like a breh just said.

I get what your saying, but I truly believe before segregation, our people were on the cusp to figuring out how to live in this land that don't want us breh :mjcry: