Should Fast and Furious retire now that Paul is no longer with us?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
They should make a Shaw Brothers film:wow: the fukkery.:ohlawd:

Paul/Brian is the one the audience connected with more. In the films following 4 we had Dom/Vin being written in as the main character probably in part because he became a producer on the franchise. Take Tokyo Drift for example, that flick was supposed to be Paul/Brian doing his shxt but when he didn't come back they settled instead for a Dom cameo. As cool as that was it didn't hype you up as much as a Paul cameo would've. As much as like Dom his transition to main felt unnatural, because everything up until that point was about Brian O'connor and it was going to stay that way had Vin not become Producer.

To put it in another way, do you think people would've been as distraught had Vin kicked it. I honestly don't think so.:yeshrug:

I think it's pure opinion to state the audience identified with Brian more breh

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Have you guys seen this before? "TURBO CHARGE" It's the Prequel to "2 Fast, 2 Furious" and shows how Brain ended up in Miami:

pjD4PwoynEG9ixtmlbWtI0BrNlP.jpg

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Okay then, rather that Brian was the one the audience was supposed to connect with.

Yes that I'll agree with. But I think the series is synonymous with Vin now and he's the catalyst. He's "alpha" and this is his baby now. I think losing Vin would be a much bigger blow for the franchise. Could be wrong tho

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Yes that I'll agree with. But I think the series is synonymous with Vin now and he's the catalyst. He's "alpha" and this is his baby now. I think losing Vin would be a much bigger blow for the franchise. Could be wrong tho

We are going to have to see the numbers for "Fast 8" first. Paul did prove he could carry the series without Vin with "2 Fast". But series is so popular now, even if the box office drops next movie it should still do good.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
We are going to have to see the numbers for "Fast 8" first. Paul did prove he could carry the series without Vin with "2 Fast". But series is so popular now, even if the box office drops next movie it should still do good.

Of course. Numbers are going to be there. Even if it's not as big as this one it'll be still be big. May be bigger depending on who they bring in to the fold to play the villain or join the team. Plus you still got the rock and the nyc setting will help. Maybe this is the apex maybe the next one will be

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Of course. Numbers are going to be there. Even if it's not as big as this one it'll be still be big. May be bigger depending on who they bring in to the fold to play the villain or join the team. Plus you still got the rock and the nyc setting will help. Maybe this is the apex maybe the next one will be

Yeah I honestly think it's going to drop. This is the APEX of the franchise. But what "Fast 8" does have going for it is everyone will want to see "What happens after Paul". Funny looking back on "2 Fast", I do remember people saying it would bomb cause Vin wasn't in it. John Singleton's Biggest movie right here:

2-fast-2-furious-cinema-quad-movie-poster-(2).jpg

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah I honestly think it's going to drop. This is the APEX of the franchise. But what "Fast 8" does have going for it is everyone will want to see "What happens after Paul".

Why are you so sure tho breh? Are you getting in on the fortune telling business like the brehs in the thread :deadmanny:

At this point I'm not applying normal movie logic to this thing. It's a series that has defied those laws and rules and normatives at every turn. It's 8 movies in and continues to get bigger and make more money and always kill it overseas. I just can't call it :whoknows:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Why are you so sure tho breh? Are you getting in on the fortune telling business like the brehs in the thread :deadmanny:

At this point I'm not applying normal movie logic to this thing. It's a series that has defied those laws and rules and normatives at every turn. It's 8 movies in and continues to get bigger and make more money and always kill it overseas. I just can't call it :whoknows:

My key word is "Think" in that sentence. I agree the box office has done great by increasing in the last 4 films. Can they do it a 5th time? We will have to see. Not saying it isn't possible but the Paul Factor can't be denied.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
My key word is "Think" in that sentence. I agree the box office has done great by increasing in the last 4 films. Can they do it a 5th time? We will have to see. Not saying it isn't possible but the Paul Factor can't be denied.

That's true but that's to say nothing of the Jason Statham factor or the continued rock factor or just the fact that people genuinely love this cast and these movies. As long as they keep putting out dope product I'm there

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
they ended pauls storyline, he no longer misses the bullets since hes a father of two now

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not like Marvel or Star Wars cause those Universes are expansive but this is still a "Universe" This franchise has grossed over 3 Billion dollars and will definitely make much more with the next installments. Whenever a franchise has 7 parts it's a Universe. We call Franchises with 2 or 3 Parts Universes. What they do from here we will see. When the person mentioned "Point Break" I thought they were talking about the up and coming remake since we were talking about Remaking the series after Vin leaves. I agree the original film has simularites to the original "Point Break" . We are talking about Fast and Furious as an on going series. Cause when Vin Diesel finally says "No more Fast movies for me", there will be another thread "Should the series end cause Vin is out" but they will pump out a new movie.

Hollywood is and will always be about established franchises. They've shown us time and time again they will milk any franchise till it's dry. So some of you think they are going to walk away from a Multi-Billion Dollar franchise cause Paul Died or Vin leaves? Of course the new movies won't make the same money the old movies would make. That won't stop the studio from trying to make a new Fast and Furious movie with a new cast and team. Also if you think about it, "Tokyo Drift" was kind of a spin off before they tied it all into the story. So they've already tried to expand the series outside of Vin and Paul. It didn't work as the film didn't gross as much but it showed they could do side stories within the universe.

naw, this isnt a universe for the very reason you said: it's not expansive...the only reason people even say universe now is cause of marvel...they were the ones that tied all their movies together....others are trying to do that now, but f&f isnt one of them....they cant just go and do a whatever movie , throw fast and furious in the title.....they tried that with tokyo drift and we see what happened...they ran back to vin and paul....cause like you said: it didnt make money like that...

i was the one that mentioned point break to show how even though f&f will end, they'll just repackage it and start a new series/franchise....that's what hollywood does and will continue to do....they not gonna spin off f&f nor continue to make them when the main people leave...they just gonna repackage it.....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They should make a Shaw Brothers film:wow: the fukkery.:ohlawd:

Paul/Brian is the one the audience connected with more. In the films following 4 we had Dom/Vin being written in as the main character probably in part because he became a producer on the franchise. Take Tokyo Drift for example, that flick was supposed to be Paul/Brian doing his shxt but when he didn't come back they settled instead for a Dom cameo. As cool as that was it didn't hype you up as much as a Paul cameo would've. As much as like Dom his transition to main felt unnatural, because everything up until that point was about Brian O'connor and it was going to stay that way had Vin not become Producer.

To put it in another way, do you think people would've been as distraught had Vin kicked it? I honestly don't think so.:yeshrug:

yes they would have cause he's the center of this series....it's not brian/paul....they didnt bring brian back nor were people asking for his cameo in 3; it was dom people asked for....and what do you mean dom's transition to being the main person?...he always was the main person....even when he wasnt in the movie, he's the person people wanted....if you dont think so: just look at tyrese's character....in 2 he was dom light...he was the muscle and serious, just not as serious/with all the 'deep' meaning sayings like dom....now look at his character: he's the comedy relief....he's nothing like the character that first showed up....why? cause dom is back...

i get it: brian died and you just seen the movie, so you looking at it/him in a different light, but dont get it twisted: he's not the glue that keeps this series together....that's vin/dom....

as for the shaws: i think they gonna be the villians for the next 2....the younger brother breaks the older brother out, then they set off on revenge.....