Should Fast and Furious retire now that Paul is no longer with us?

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
That's what I'm trying to figure out. I could see if it were Lynrd Skynrd situation where everyone died in some tragic accident and you want to respect their memories by not continuing but why would you stop? The series is getting better with age. What person in their right mind, let alone a studio exec or producer, would cut off that huge source of revenue. The day you do that is your last day on the job
Robert Downey Jr is the face of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and story-wise is the lynchpin of the Avengers. He will stop playing Ironman sooner or later, they'll keep making movies:manny:Vin Diesel is probably the heart of this series but they'll keep making them when he's done too. The Fast & The Furious is what people want: high energy, high action popcorn flick that doesn't take itself seriously. Plus it has the market cornered as far as movies about cars go. Look at how Need For Speed flopped:scust: It's not just the one man versus the world Liam Neeson-esque type of action movie that's made ad-nauseum (John Wick was dope though:manny:). You can't write off James Bond, but this series will flourish regardless of who is in it.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Wigger surfer :mjlol:

Diesel wack too. Throw Idris in it and give him a new story... Box office :mindblown:

This franchise saved Vin's career. He was box office death before he got back behind that wheel.

yup i remember vin leaving
a man apart and riddikk were allright, but then that was it, pacifer :heh:, find me guilty, dude was done for 4 years till fast and furious
now he doesn't have to do anything again, dude almost 50 eating

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Question breh and this is for you and anyone else who feels like it should end: why should it? I'm not dissing at all but it seems like the only cats providing reasons are the ones saying it should continue.
It wont end and it shouldnt end when its making money like it is. I just wish they'd go w/ different characters. The Rock can stay doe :ld:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Diesel wack too. Throw Idris in it and give him a new story... Box office :mindblown:

This franchise saved Vin's career. He was box office death before he got back behind that wheel.

Who is defending his acting ability? it can not be denied that he is inextricably linked to this franchise.

I don't want Idris to be in this or Bond for that matter, I would like him to be leading his own franchise, but that's a different story.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Robert Downey Jr is the face of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and story-wise is the lynchpin of the Avengers. He will stop playing Ironman sooner or later, they'll keep making movies:manny:Vin Diesel is probably the heart of this series but they'll keep making them when he's done too. The Fast & The Furious is what people want: high energy, high action popcorn flick that doesn't take itself seriously. Plus it has the market cornered as far as movies about cars go. Look at how Need For Speed flopped:scust: It's not just the one man versus the world Liam Neeson-esque type of action movie that's made ad-nauseum (John Wick was dope though:manny:). You can't write off James Bond, but this series will flourish regardless of who is in it.

I think the marvel and James bond comparison is apt. You can find articles from the 60s saying bond should've stopped after Sean left. Then you can find articles saying it should've never restarted with Pierce. And here we are three years removed from its 50th anniversary. Not saying this franchise will go on for 50 years but I say that to provide an example of naysayers believing something should end only for it to continue thriving.

And marvel is going to continue making iron man cap Thor and guardians flicks long after the original cast members step down. Robert is going to hang it up they're not going to say "well we can't make movies anymore" because they're not stupid

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
It wont end and it shouldnt end when its making money like it is. I just wish they'd go w/ different characters. The Rock can stay doe :ld:

none of these dudes are going to give up these cheques

tyrese, luda prob would have tour 150 nights a year to make this type of $$$

vin diesel? dude prob making 30 mill per film prob more

rock? nowhere else

and jordanna brewster and michelle rodriguez? :mjlol:

if im that korean guy han id be :sadcam: for being killed off

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
should Fast and furious retire now

yes, convoluted story line, slurred speech by one, kwening :cape: ninjas, overdose of corny stunts , and twisted facial expressions by that carpet muncher.:camby:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
rPqfLdpImRo

How did this get outta editing? How did Tyrese not tell em to chamge that sh1t?:mindblown:

:dead:

Paul: I said forget about it, cuh:skip:
Tyrese::whoa:

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Who is defending his acting ability? it can not be denied that he is inextricably linked to this franchise.

I don't want Idris to be in this or Bond for that matter, I would like him to be leading his own franchise, but that's a different story.
Diesel is replaceable was my point. Give Terrance Howard a shot. "whats goin on wit these cars mayne?"

Forreal forreal, Matt Daman need to stop bullshyttin and get back in Bourne Mode b4 he's :flabbynsick: Thats all I care bout. I don't even fukk w/ the furious franchise :ehh:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
none of these dudes are going to give up these cheques

tyrese, luda prob would have tour 150 nights a year to make this type of $$$

vin diesel? dude prob making 30 mill per film prob more

rock? nowhere else

and jordanna brewster and michelle rodriguez? :mjlol:

if im that korean guy han id be :sadcam: for being killed off

I guarantee you every rapper/actor is envious of Luda and tyrese right now lol. I love meth but I bet he's in his feelings something serious. The amount of work he's done in tv and film vs the amount that Luda has done yet Luda is in global blockbusters

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I guarantee you every rapper/actor is envious of Luda and tyrese right now lol. I love meth but I bet he's in his feelings something serious. The amount of work he's done in tv and film vs the amount that Luda has done yet Luda is in global blockbusters

Probably mainly because both are just basic ass actors. I could definately see meth or redman in luda's role and a dude like game, 50 cent etc. could easily play tyrese role

both hit the jackpot

its no wonder
On April 10, 2013, Tyrese announced that he is working on a new album entitled Black Rose, expected to be released some time in 2014.[10] It will serve as Tyrese's final studio album. It will be a double album set to be released in the summer of 2015.

dudes are laughing to the friggin bank

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Diesel is replaceable was my point. Give Terrance Howard a shot. "whats goin on wit these cars mayne?"

Forreal forreal, Matt Daman need to stop bullshyttin and get back in Bourne Mode b4 he's :flabbynsick: Thats all I care bout. I don't even fukk w/ the furious franchise :ehh:

diesel is 47, I could see him bowing out soon and just being like a producer/director. The old a long lost son shows up at the door and is into cars type ish and he takes over.

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
Probably mainly because both are just basic ass actors. I could definately see meth or redman in luda's role and a dude like game, 50 cent etc. could easily play tyrese role

both hit the jackpot

its no wonder
On April 10, 2013, Tyrese announced that he is working on a new album entitled Black Rose, expected to be released some time in 2014.[10] It will serve as Tyrese's final studio album. It will be a double album set to be released in the summer of 2015.

dudes are laughing to the friggin bank

Both of them are hilarious in the roles too