Should Fast and Furious retire now that Paul is no longer with us?

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's a morbid dude breh:russ:

lol i'm far from morbid...just thinking about how they can explain why dom's right hand man not riding with him for the next 2 movies...'retiring' cause he got 2 kids and wife doesnt make sense, when that same rational shouldve applied when he had 1 kid and a wife...

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Should they? Probably

Will they? Absolutely not

I've seen this posted a couple times, but can never find any actual reports saying this.

Link?

I've never heard that but IF it's true, I don't think he'd be killed. They were already setting up an out for Brian once he and Mia had the first kid. So from a story standpoint, he's a man who can't risk life and limb doing these mission impossible type things with his girl and kid back home.

I read it on the internet, it must be true :manny:

But seriously I think it was one of those facebook articles, walker supposidly said he wouldnt be back after part 7.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
they were gonna kill him off in this one, but changed their mind after he died...that's why people thought his death was fake at first and just a scene from the movie....

they were gonna kill him this movie, but changed it after his death...decided to pay tribute instead....

as for not being part of that life: so having a wife and 1 kid wasnt enough to stop? 2 was the line he couldnt cross? lol...man, come on....he's dom's right hand man...whatever dom gets into, he gets into...that's how those characters are setup...even the last scene showed that...so leaving his character 'retired' even though the series might be coming to an end in 2 movies, doesnt make sense...especially since you figure they gonna have dom really get into some shyt in the next 2 movies...probably use 8 to setup the series finale in 9...just have the shaws kill walker's character, that's the easiest and most logically way based off those characters....like no matter how much you change and get away from something, you cant escape your past; and that dom and the rock have to kill the shaws to finally end it, stop the bloodshed of their family...some shyt like that...

Link to that breh about him dying in the movie before he died in real life cause this is now the 2nd or 3rd time I've seen it but no one has provided any science

And I'm telling you what James Wan said in an interview breh..that they really went heavy in reshoots with the idea that Brian can't keep doing this and that he's really gotta buckle down with his domestic life which was their way of writing him out. The studio isn't going to kill his character off and if you think Vin Diesel would be cool with that, you're bugging. There's no need to kill him, especially when the world knows Paul Walker is gone. People are smart enough to see the next one and understand why he's not involved as an actor and why he's not involved as a character. He won't be in it, he and Mia are off still in LA or some other part of the world raising their family, done deal. There's no need to add an explanation to it or overcomplicate it when the way they wrote him off in this one was perfect and fitting. You run the risk of pissing off your audience if you kill him and why in the hell would you do it? It's not necessary to the story

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Link to that breh about him dying in the movie before he died in real life cause this is now the 2nd or 3rd time I've seen it but no one has provided any science

And I'm telling you what James Wan said in an interview breh..that they really went heavy in reshoots with the idea that Brian can't keep doing this and that he's really gotta buckle down with his domestic life which was their way of writing him out. The studio isn't going to kill his character off and if you think Vin Diesel would be cool with that, you're bugging. There's no need to kill him, especially when the world knows Paul Walker is gone. People are smart enough to see the next one and understand why he's not involved as an actor and why he's not involved as a character. He won't be in it, he and Mia are off still in LA or some other part of the world raising their family, done deal. There's no need to add an explanation to it or overcomplicate it when the way they wrote him off in this one was perfect and fitting. You run the risk of pissing off your audience if you kill him and why in the hell would you do it? It's not necessary to the story

i'd have to look for it...but i recall hearing about it when they were first talking about this movie...he was gonna be done after this one, he wasnt gonna do 8 and 9, but he wouldnt go into what that meant for his character....

the key word in what you said was reshoots....that means they had an original plan that changed once he died and reshot some shyt, hence me saying they changed their mind about killing him....

also, how is it overthinking/complicating it by having the shaws kill him?...the shaws are still alive and gonna continue to look for revenge against dom and the crew...so why not have them kill his character to further that point?...having him and mia live the family life where ever while dom and the rest of the crew are being hunted/fighting for their lives, without helping, doesnt make sense based off the characters...it's all about family...so if 1 in trouble, they all in trouble...so he nor mia would just stop and not try to help dom or any of the crew....

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i'd have to look for it...but i recall hearing about it when they were first talking about this movie...he was gonna be done after this one, he wasnt gonna do 8 and 9, but he wouldnt go into what they meant for his character....

the key word in what you said was reshoots....that means they had an original plan that changed once he died and reshot some shyt, hence me saying they changed their mind about killing him....

also, how is it overthinking/complicating it by having the shaws kill him?...the shaws are still alive and gonna continue to look for revenge against dom and the crew...so why not have them kill his character to further that point?...having him and mia live the family life where ever while dom and the rest of the crew are being hunted/fighting for their lives, without helping, doesnt make sense based off the characters...it's all about family...so if 1 in trouble, they all in trouble...so he nor mia would just stop and not try to help dom or any of the crew....

But them doing reshoots was inspired by him dying. they were already on hiatus when he died so whatever the plan was obviously changed but I'm not going to guess what that plan was seeing as how I have no evidence either way.

But its overthinking it because you've already written him out. There's no need to include him in the story for the next one in any way shape or form, so why do it? Homie has passed away in real life and his character has been written out of the series; the director has said it, the leading actor/producer has said it, effectively putting Brian's character to bed and his arc to an end so why dig up old memories? and it makes perfect sense for the characters because Dom has always said family is the most important thing but that Mia and Jack now have to be the most important thing to Brian. It's why in the opening of Fast 6, he tells him the minute you walk into that delivery room, that's it. It's why they put in the storyline of Brian "missing the bullets" and Dom giving him crap for it a couple of times. He wants him out of that life because he wants his nephew and niece and sister to have their dad/boyfriend. Characters change and Brian's arc in this movie was about him getting to the point where he could be happy having just his girl and his kids and not needing the thrill of the chase. He's out breh. You mention that the character was killed off after you've already written him out and you dump on the memory of how you ended the 7th one and you risk bringing up ill feelings from the fanbase.

And again, Vin wouldn't let it fly regardless

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
That's a guess tho breh. Obviously that had something to do with it but this is a franchise that since the 5th installment, the audience has grown each time out. Logic dictated it was going to be a big movie regardless of Paul's death. Much like Empire, the movie just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

And nah i don't think they should retire it. Paul is integral no doubt but there are plenty of cast members in it who all can hold their own weight and deserve a chance to shine. Plus they're not running out of ideas and I just love seeing these characters on screen.
Well yes, it's a total guess but the numbers being this big and well above the projected number. There are people who watched this movie off the strength of it being Paul Walker's final movie, not just Brian's you know what I'm saying?

But yeah, the story lines were always paper thin to me and I only enjoyed Brian's character so for me, this is it. It was all about nostalgia that pushed me along these movies, with Paul gone, I have no interest. Adding the Rock and Statham isn't enough for me since all they have them do is job to Dom's character. Brian's character leaving lets me off the hook on watching these.

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i'd have to look for it...but i recall hearing about it when they were first talking about this movie...he was gonna be done after this one, he wasnt gonna do 8 and 9, but he wouldnt go into what that meant for his character....

breh, you're wrong. Just take that L and keep it moving.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But them doing reshoots was inspired by him dying. they were already on hiatus when he died so whatever the plan was obviously changed but I'm not going to guess what that plan was seeing as how I have no evidence either way.

But its overthinking it because you've already written him out. There's no need to include him in the story for the next one in any way shape or form, so why do it? Homie has passed away in real life and his character has been written out of the series; the director has said it, the leading actor/producer has said it, effectively putting Brian's character to bed and his arc to an end so why dig up old memories? and it makes perfect sense for the characters because Dom has always said family is the most important thing but that Mia and Jack now have to be the most important thing to Brian. It's why in the opening of Fast 6, he tells him the minute you walk into that delivery room, that's it. It's why they put in the storyline of Brian "missing the bullets" and Dom giving him crap for it a couple of times. He wants him out of that life because he wants his nephew and niece and sister to have their dad/boyfriend. Characters change and Brian's arc in this movie was about him getting to the point where he could be happy having just his girl and his kids and not needing the thrill of the chase. He's out breh. You mention that the character was killed off after you've already written him out and you dump on the memory of how you ended the 7th one and you risk bringing up ill feelings from the fanbase.

And again, Vin wouldn't let it fly regardless

i disagree, but it's cool...we can visit this when the next 2 movies come out...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
breh, you're wrong. Just take that L and keep it moving.

what are you talking about? there is no right nor wrong, we throwing out opinions about what they could possible do in the future...

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
id milk this friggin franchise till folks stop going to see it

gosh damn at 384 mill in one weekend ridic

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
They're just going to replace his spot in the crew with the kid from Tokyo Drift. Like @MartyMcFly said, they were writing out his character anyway. Judging by the phone call scene in the movie, I was guessing that he was supposed to die in Fast 7. If not, they would've brought him back in a cameo or actually back for the last movie they make. Either way, he wasn't in the plans going forward.

Vin Diesel already hinted that they're making more movies. He said they brought Kurt Russell in to play a much bigger role for the next movies.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
They're just going to replace his spot in the crew with the kid from Tokyo Drift. Like @MartyMcFly said, they were writing out his character anyway. Judging by the phone call scene in the movie, I was guessing that he was supposed to die in Fast 7. If not, they would've brought him back in a cameo or actually back for the last movie they make. Either way, he wasn't in the plans going forward.

Vin Diesel already hinted that they're making more movies. He said they brought Kurt Russell in to play a much bigger role for the next movies.

Wan said the phone call scene was a part of writing him out and was added after he died so i don't think that was the point of it. i think the point was to finally get him to the point where he was willing to be done with that life

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
7 would be a dope ending.... but if your gonna do 8... have the tokyo drift kids take over for the rest of them....