Should Fast and Furious retire now that Paul is no longer with us?

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
$140 million + opening weekend :camby:

Hell no! Milk this franchise until it's dry. :demonic:

Sure, it wont be the same now that Walker isn't going to be featured. But damn, so much money to get from it. As long as Ludacris/Gibson come back for more moneys, and heck, get Lucas Black as well ( although I here he is back for 3 more movies ). They should be in good shape.

And plus...

Statham and Evans are still alive. So imagine the duo together as villains :banderas:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got to respectfully disagree with you there breh.

Just look at it this way, it's easy to imagine a Fast and Furious film without Vin/Dom but it's not the same with Brian/Paul. I mean, if Vin kicked it, people wouldn't have even been asking for the film franchise to retire

how you figure? dom is the central figure of the franchise...everything revolves around him.....paul/brian was an important piece, but not the most important....i mean, if that was the case, they wouldve brought paul/brian in at the end of 3, not vin/dom.....

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
true, they did, but that movie showed them the franchise wasnt bigger than vin and paul...hence the reason why they both were back in part 4....if anything, i can see a tv show spinoff happening....but once vin is done, so is the franchise...they will just remodel the setup of the movies under something new, kinda like how this was a emodel of 'point break'

Well "Point Break" is more of a remake. I was thinking of this as a Universe now so they will most likely be "Spin Offs" instead of the main movies like you said once Vince finally says no. I could see Spin Offs with certain characters. Fans would pay to see a Fast and Furious movie about The Rock's character. As far as a reboot again the series is still going. I think Vin will do 3 more movies and get it to Part 10 and move on.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
spin offs on some futuristic shyt:wow:+

Could you imagine, whole new crews and teams driving even badder cars in places all over the world. Then Vin and Paul characters will be "LEGENDS" and the new characters will talk about stories of what they accomplished. Again the foundation has been set. This franchise isn't going anywhere. The YOUTH will always appeal to this franchise. As long as they keep it youthful they will always get fans coming back to it.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Could you imagine, whole new crews and teams driving even badder cars in places all over the world. Then Vin and Paul characters will be "LEGENDS" and the new characters will talk about stories of what they accomplished. Again the foundation has been set. This franchise isn't going anywhere. The YOUTH will always appeal to this franchise. As long as they keep it youthful they will always get fans coming back to it.

I'm talking the year 3000 advance tech and big $$$$$$ heist:blessed:+

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well "Point Break" is more of a remake. I was thinking of this as a Universe now so they will most likely be "Spin Offs" instead of the main movies like you said once Vince finally says no. I could see Spin Offs with certain characters. Fans would pay to see a Fast and Furious movie about The Rock's character. As far as a reboot again the series is still going. I think Vin will do 3 more movies and get it to Part 10 and move on.

in relation to f&f, how is point break a remake?....i know they remaking point break, but the whole premise of f&f with paul and vin is the same shyt as point break with kenu and swayze....

and naw, this isnt a 'universe' like marvel, dc, star wars, etc...as much as these movies expand the cast, they still revolve around vin/dom....without him, it's just not the same....yea, they could do spin-offs, but people will be wanting/asking how does dom tie into it...just like they were for part 3....as of right now, vin is signed for 2 more movies cause they signed on for 7-9, but they could go for that 10th, gotta wait and see...

on a side note: it's cool they bringing kurt character back and giving him a bigger role...you already know him and hobbs gonna have to have some scenes together....the part when he put on the glasses in the shootout was a trip...those glasses were hot...

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
in relation to f&f, how is point break a remake?....i know they remaking point break, but the whole premise of f&f with paul and vin is the same shyt as point break with kenu and swayze....

and naw, this isnt a 'universe' like marvel, dc, star wars, etc...as much as these movies expand the cast, they still revolve around vin/dom....without him, it's just not the same....yea, they could do spin-offs, but people will be wanting/asking how does dom tie into it...just like they were for part 3....as of right now, vin is signed for 2 more movies cause they signed on for 7-9, but they could go for that 10th, gotta wait and see...

on a side note: it's cool they bringing kurt character back and giving him a bigger role...you already know him and hobbs gonna have to have some scenes together....the part when he put on the glasses in the shootout was a trip...those glasses were hot...

It's not like Marvel or Star Wars cause those Universes are expansive but this is still a "Universe" This franchise has grossed over 3 Billion dollars and will definitely make much more with the next installments. Whenever a franchise has 7 parts it's a Universe. We call Franchises with 2 or 3 Parts Universes. What they do from here we will see. When the person mentioned "Point Break" I thought they were talking about the up and coming remake since we were talking about Remaking the series after Vin leaves. I agree the original film has simularites to the original "Point Break" . We are talking about Fast and Furious as an on going series. Cause when Vin Diesel finally says "No more Fast movies for me", there will be another thread "Should the series end cause Vin is out" but they will pump out a new movie.

Hollywood is and will always be about established franchises. They've shown us time and time again they will milk any franchise till it's dry. So some of you think they are going to walk away from a Multi-Billion Dollar franchise cause Paul Died or Vin leaves? Of course the new movies won't make the same money the old movies would make. That won't stop the studio from trying to make a new Fast and Furious movie with a new cast and team. Also if you think about it, "Tokyo Drift" was kind of a spin off before they tied it all into the story. So they've already tried to expand the series outside of Vin and Paul. It didn't work as the film didn't gross as much but it showed they could do side stories within the universe.

World'sFinest

Purebred Zulu
Daps
Reppin
South Africa
They should make a Shaw Brothers film:wow: the fukkery.:ohlawd:

how you figure? dom is the central figure of the franchise...everything revolves around him.....paul/brian was an important piece, but not the most important....i mean, if that was the case, they wouldve brought paul/brian in at the end of 3, not vin/dom.....

Paul/Brian is the one the audience connected with more. In the films following 4 we had Dom/Vin being written in as the main character probably in part because he became a producer on the franchise. Take Tokyo Drift for example, that flick was supposed to be Paul/Brian doing his shxt but when he didn't come back they settled instead for a Dom cameo. As cool as that was it didn't hype you up as much as a Paul cameo would've. As much as like Dom his transition to main felt unnatural, because everything up until that point was about Brian O'connor and it was going to stay that way had Vin not become Producer.

To put it in another way, do you think people would've been as distraught had Vin kicked it? I honestly don't think so.:yeshrug:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
They should make a Shaw Brothers film:wow: the fukkery.:ohlawd:

Paul/Brian is the one the audience connected with more. In the films following 4 we had Dom/Vin being written in as the main character probably in part because he became a producer on the franchise. Take Tokyo Drift for example, that flick was supposed to be Paul/Brian doing his shxt but when he didn't come back they settled instead for a Dom cameo. As cool as that was it didn't hype you up as much as a Paul cameo would've. As much as like Dom his transition to main felt unnatural, because everything up until that point was about Brian O'connor and it was going to stay that way had Vin not become Producer.

To put it in another way, do you think people would've been as distraught had Vin kicked it. I honestly don't think so.:yeshrug:

If you think about it, even though Vin did switch to Lead the story itself is really Brain's story and how he came into Vin's world. The series is told through Brain's eyes if you really think about it.