Should Fast and Furious retire now that Paul is no longer with us?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
7 would be a dope ending.... but if your gonna do 8... have the tokyo drift kids take over for the rest of them....

Nope. Gotta keep Vin and that cast as is. The audience is invested in those characters and likes seeing them, why switch it out with bow wow and a dude who looks :flabbynsick:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Wan said the phone call scene was a part of writing him out and was added after he died so i don't think that was the point of it. i think the point was to finally get him to the point where he was willing to be done with that life

The phone call scene was added in after he died? They used CGI/voice editing for that? :leon:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The phone call scene was added in after he died? They used CGI/voice editing for that? :leon:

Yeah that's what Wan said in this interview I read this morning. Either on Collider or Buzzfeed. He said it was a tough scene for Jordanna to do and she almost couldn't get through it

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
what are you talking about? there is no right nor wrong, we throwing out opinions about what they could possible do in the future...
ain't no possibility about it. Them killing paul walker ain't gonna happen and you know it.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Should They? YES. Will They? Hell NO. To much money. We will be seeing Fast and Furious films long after Vin Diesel and others will be out of the series. They can milk this thing for a long time. I even see TV series spin offs happening. And solo films spin offs happening. I could see a Hobbs solo film easily. This is a whole universe now. But they should of just ended it with this one, IMO.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ain't no possibility about it. Them killing paul walker ain't gonna happen and you know it.

since you can see the future: i need the lotto numbers, i'll split it with you....

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
They will Honor Paul by mentioning him from time to time and having a quick "Phone Call" Scene with Mia to check up on them.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Should They? YES. Will Then? Hell NO. To much money. We will be seeing Fast and Furious films long after Vin Disel and others will be out of the series. They can milk this thing for a long time. I even see TV series spin offs happening. And solo films spin offs happening. I could see a Hobbs solo film easily. This is a whole universe now. But they should of just ended it with this one, IMO.

i disagree: when vin done, i think the movie series will be done...he's the connecting factor and who the series revolves around...

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
since you can see the future: i need the lotto numbers, i'll split it with you....
ok how about we put some money on it? I bet you $500 they won't kill him off. You down?

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
i disagree: when vin done, i think the movie series will be done...he's the connecting factor and who the series revolves around...

This is Hollywood. They Did "Tokyo Drift" without Vin and Paul. This is a Multi-Billion Dollar Franchise now. When Vin finally gives up and says no more, They will wait a few years and reboot the shyt:

FAST AND FURIOUS: THE NEXT GENERATION

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ok how about we put some money on it? I bet you $500 they won't kill him off. You down?

lol what?...i only bet on shyt i have a direct influence/factor on, so naw, i'm not down...but we can revisit this topic when the next 2 movies come out and see what happens...

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
lol what?...i only bet on shyt i have a direct influence/factor on, so naw, i'm not down...but we can revisit this topic when the next 2 movies come out and see what happens...
thats what I thought.

World'sFinest

Purebred Zulu
Daps
Reppin
South Africa
naw, they shouldnt stop the franchise....as much as paul was a key figure in the series, he's not the driving force...that's vin diesel, he's the glue to the franchise....they should stop it when he doesnt want to do it anymore....

as for the paul situation in the next movie: all they gotta do is kill his character in the beginning of the next one...have the shaws kill him cause they still trying to get revenge, and there you go....
Got to respectfully disagree with you there breh.

Just look at it this way, it's easy to imagine a Fast and Furious film without Vin/Dom but it's not the same with Brian/Paul. I mean, if Vin kicked it, people wouldn't have even been asking for the film franchise to retire

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is Hollywood. They Did "Tokyo Drift" without Vin and Paul. This is a Multi-Billion Dollar Franchise now. When Vin finally gives up and says no more, They will wait a few years and reboot the shyt:

FAST AND FURIOUS: THE NEXT GENERATION

true, they did, but that movie showed them the franchise wasnt bigger than vin and paul...hence the reason why they both were back in part 4....if anything, i can see a tv show spinoff happening....but once vin is done, so is the franchise...they will just remodel the setup of the movies under something new, kinda like how this was a remodel of 'point break'

Last edited: