Shannon Sharpe says he only went to a HBCU cuz his grades were bad

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Look at this c00n ya'll. Man I swear, why even fight for your people or even have the guts to stand up for your people like Shannon does non-stop when they will turnaround and shyt on you over one little comment you deem as not right. And not no egregious shyt, something as meniscal as this and brothers are calling him Jesse Lee Peterson. Damn, unity ya'll. We are talking about a man who on live TV called white people the biggest crooks in the history of mankind a month ago. But yeah Jesse Lee peterson.

Last edited:

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Not my uncle

I’ll ask but I never saw him to anything we had

:hubie:

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
There are and most people who attend HBCUs will admit this. shyt is what it is. You can still take pride in an HBCU but outside of a select few, many have major issues and lack the needed support. I went to an SCSU game recently and the stands were so empty it reminded me of a HS of a small shytty school. Now if I'm a stud HS athlete, why the fukk would I prefer that over 50,000 fans on national TV and more exposure?? It was so empty I almost wanted to cry for those kids. The pic below is from the actual game I attended. Now compare it to the SEC school up the road who is super average and was playing a bum ass UNCC team. It's a reason when Prime went to JSU he had to keep pleading with the fans and students to stop hanging outside and actually come into the stadium and cheer on the team. But oh now, how DARE a football player say they would have went to a PWI over HBCU.
SC State played against Delaware at home a few weeks ago and had 6,000 fans in attendance.

SC State played against South Carolina on the road earlier this season. They had to move the game because of the hurricane and it STILL had 60,000 fans in attendance. 10x more fans on the eve of a hurricane.

It's crazy.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
SC State played against Delaware at home a few weeks ago and had 6,000 fans in attendance.

SC State played against South Carolina on the road earlier this season. They had to move the game because of the hurricane and it STILL had 60,000 fans in attendance. 10x more fans on the eve of a hurricane.

It's crazy.
Oh shyt, you in the Chuck my boy? I'm from the Burg. My whole fam SCSU grads.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
There are and most people who attend HBCUs will admit this. shyt is what it is. You can still take pride in an HBCU but outside of a select few, many have major issues and lack the needed support. I went to an SCSU game recently and the stands were so empty it reminded me of a HS of a small shytty school. Now if I'm a stud HS athlete, why the fukk would I prefer that over 50,000 fans on national TV and more exposure?? It was so empty I almost wanted to cry for those kids. The pic below is from the actual game I attended. Now compare it to the SEC school up the road who is super average and was playing a bum ass UNCC team. It's a reason when Prime went to JSU he had to keep pleading with the fans and students to stop hanging outside and actually come into the stadium and cheer on the team. But oh now, how DARE a football player say they would have went to a PWI over HBCU.

601daf42c0d33_image.jpg

VS

maxresdefault.jpg
Why the fukk would Deion tell top athletes to go to something like that

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
And other HBCU's and props up the historic HBCU head coaches like Willie Jeffries, Eddie Robinson and Bill Davis. I mean ALOT. But a nikka in here seriously put him in the same boat as Jesse Lee Peterson. Like seriously that happened in this thread.
When people here turn against somebody, it's emotional knee-jerk stuff.
Everything that happened before then is forgotten, so that people can deliver emotional rants.

Speaking of knee jerk, BOOKMARK this thread. In a few weeks, same people throwing him under the team bus and calling him names" will be back to promoting his show and content again. And treating him like a hero when he says something they agree with.
Never take MFers here seriously.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
It’s sad people feel this way.

Their loss though:manny::camby:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some of the muhfukkas flapping they mouths ITT didn't even graduate college. :mjlol:

Coli militants pretending like HBCUs are prestigious schools or are somehow superior to PWIs, and acting like they ain't been fell off. :francis:
Nobody's implying that HBCUs are prestigious or superior

The point in all of this is how are black people ever gonna collectively build or elevate if our best talent continues to siphon over to the white side?

Especially considering one of the biggest knives in the heart of HBCUs is the NCAA

There's no black centered curation of black talent because they're all scattered off building white infrastructures. It further cements the fact that black people are treated as a natural resource to be poached from