Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
full
Yall wild.
:dead:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Based on the entire Twitter thread, he’s speaking from the perspective of an athlete with NFL ambitions. Obviously if he had the high school grades, he would have chosen a more well-regarded college football program.

The problem is there are better ways to phrase your point without coming off condescending or just not say anything at all. The neighborhood analogy was unnecessary.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
The most suspect posts to me are the ones talking about “if I could do it again id go to an HBCU”

You went where you wanted to go the first time. You don’t get points for fantasizing online about a life you didn’t live or know about through other people

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
That’s every college athlete at an HBCU.

Either your grades were bad, you weren’t as talented or the PWIs were low rated, and the bigger programs didn’t recruit you. Or, you transferred from a PWI from lack of PT.

It’s the real world, live in it.

We can build and worry about a lot of amazing things going on at HBCUs in terms of learnings and culture and careers but we dwell on kicking and runnings balls in games. F that, HBCUs ain’t the best option for sports and it is what it is.
Repped

Edit: I fukked it up :snoop: I got 10 for you later fam

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Shannon's decision don't have anything to do with you or anyone else. The nikka said he only went to a HBCU because HE didn't have the grades. That this experience.
nikka what :russ:
It’s always lame nikkas like you and a specific mod in here playing dense and not looking at the bigger picture:skip:
Black folks love airing our business out but then get mad when nonblacks use the same rhetoric as a reason for not liking black people or fueling the stereotype that we don’t work hard or believe in education
Your post proves exactly my point
Stfu and keep family business private
You don’t see Latinos, Asians, Middle Easterners, Europeans or anybody else saying this goofy shyt aloud or online
The ironic thing about this is all those groups go to HBCUs because of the perceived notion that the curriculum and standards to get in these schools are lacking and substandard
But you got it chief
Here’s a dap for getting me to respond to your fukk ass:russ:
fukking idiots around this bytch:dead:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
I've heard and read countless stories of financial and administrative mismanagement when it comes to hbcus.
There are and most people who attend HBCUs will admit this. shyt is what it is. You can still take pride in an HBCU but outside of a select few, many have major issues and lack the needed support. I went to an SCSU game recently and the stands were so empty it reminded me of a HS of a small shytty school. Now if I'm a stud HS athlete, why the fukk would I prefer that over 50,000 fans on national TV and more exposure?? It was so empty I almost wanted to cry for those kids. The pic below is from the actual game I attended. Now compare it to the SEC school up the road who is super average and was playing a bum ass UNCC team. It's a reason when Prime went to JSU he had to keep pleading with the fans and students to stop hanging outside and actually come into the stadium and cheer on the team. But oh now, how DARE a football player say they would have went to a PWI over HBCU.

601daf42c0d33_image.jpg

VS

maxresdefault.jpg

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
He talks about Savannah State every chance he gets. I mean even people that prop up hbcus don’t tak about Savannah State like that. You know how people are that went to the more known/prestigious hbcu schools. He definitely was saying they helped him out and look at him today. People are just mad at Deion and are doing the most with it, I get it though.
And other HBCU's and props up the historic HBCU head coaches like Willie Jeffries, Eddie Robinson and Bill Davis. I mean ALOT. But a nikka in here seriously put him in the same boat as Jesse Lee Peterson. Like seriously that happened in this thread.

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
And other HBCU's and props up the historic HBCU head coaches like Willie Jeffries, Eddie Robinson and Bill Davis. I mean ALOT. But a nikka in here seriously put him in the same boat as Jesse Lee Peterson. Like seriously that happened in this thread.
This is what I'm talking about. Dude constantly shouts out Savannah State, but he's just being honest about his and many other athletes view on the whole HBCU vs PWI debate. But that Jesse Lee comment is what happens when you base your views on someone around Hennessy memes and bubble-gum popping, dikk-watching, gossiping dudes on Twitter. You start talking out your ass.