Shannon Sharpe says he only went to a HBCU cuz his grades were bad

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
Y’all gotta read full quote. He wasn’t saying that’s how he feel now or regret it in any way. He was talking to someone and saying that’s why he made the decision when he was a teenager. A king ass time ago, not to mention. He done a lot of questionable shuck and jiving plenty times. But I don’t think he meant anything negative with his comment in implying black schools are inferior

concise

Veteran
Daps
Shannon always brings up his brother..

Apart of me believes he is trolling and just bragging that he had a more successful career than Sterling.

He always brings up sterling Injury and how sterling was always better than him as a kid...had the college and high school records..

I don't know..Shannon was talm bout the Lamar Jackdon situation and Shannon just brought up his brother situation of getting injured on a play where there wasn't even any contact.

It's like he throwing the hall of fame and 2 super bowls in his face.

:what:

You must be really unfamiliar with Shannon and Sterling, do you know anything about American Football?

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
What’s the issue with him saying “I ONLY went to an hbcu cuz they were the only ones who would take my dumb ass. If I knew how to read and do math at a 9th grade level it ain’t no way I woulda ever stepped foot on an hbcu campus. Hell nah”

You think this is appropriate to post after Deion left an undefeated hbcu for a 1-11 pwi?

:dead:
These nikkas are on the coli contrarian team lmfao

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Shannon has no common sense

Even if that’s how you feel, keep your mouth shut

You were already bucking your eyes on tv yelling at kyrie for posting that movie

Shannon going out sad
nikkas itt going “b…b..it he’s an athlete!! It’s different :damn:

nikkas have no discretion

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Shannon always brings up his brother..

Apart of me believes he is trolling and just bragging that he had a more successful career than Sterling.

He always brings up sterling Injury and how sterling was always better than him as a kid...had the college and high school records..

I don't know..Shannon was talm bout the Lamar Jackdon situation and Shannon just brought up his brother situation of getting injured on a play where there wasn't even any contact.

It's like he throwing the hall of fame and 2 super bowls in his face.
I don’t really get how you can come to that conclusion when he idolizes his brother and said that even though his brother is only 3 years older, he looks at him more as a father.

Dude gave Sterling his first Super Bowl ring and said he would give up his career if Sterling could have his.

Shannon was planning on joining the military but Sterling convinced him to go to college.

Daps
there are plenty of division 1 players that would be straight flunky status but for their football skills. just say you weren't good enough to go division 1 and be glad you went to a smaller school that enable you to shine and be where you are now 🤷‍♀️

an HBCU was the only school i applied for. they are what you make of it, i'm now in the top 10% income level in this country 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Y’all in hear telling on yourself about how you didn’t read his thread or how you couldn’t comprehend it. Hopefully y’all went to PWI’s or nothing at all :pachaha:

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
'So black institutions and things are a downgrade?'
'No, but it can not be debated that HBCU facilities, talent, and exposure are a downgrade from power conference football schools.'

nuance

I listen to undisputed, Shannon always seems resentful whenever something like this comes up, his ego won't let him give a straight answer.
If I want to go the the league and play professional football, why wouldn't I want to go to Georgia, LSU, USC, or Miami? The reality is that HBCUs don't get as much exposure athletically and can't offer what the other top schools can. We may not like it, but it is what it is. Why do you think Deion took the job at Colorado?

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
The folks I knew who went to Virginia State did not have the best grades breh. But again there were plenty who did.
I feel u family I ain’t arguing against that fasho

But it’s a lil weird to me to blanket HBCU’s like that u feel me, admissions to Morehouse and Howard ain’t the same as NSU and VSU