Shannon and Ocho speak about Camron saying he’s African American not African. Comment’s definitely agree with FBA.

Yas

Banned
Daps
Not going to watch the video, but I also believe "black Americans" have a unique history, identity and should definitely have the right to take ownership of a description they feel
properly represents them.

My issue though, is a lot of people are doing it simply because they don't want to be associated with the African continent and not because they want a unique identity. It's the demeaning disassociative comments that are a problem. That "we ain't African"..."we don't look African"..."Africans don't fukk with us"..are comments used to further drive a wedge and distance y'all from the continent.

If it were truly about embracing your collective history, then there would be more of an appreciation of the hardships endured by your ancestors to get to America in the first place. This topic is only acknowledged when it comes to reparations, otherwise folks would rather dismiss the thought of being linked to Africa all together.

I get it to a degree, being called "African-American" you can never feel fully embraced by American culture or feel you are allowed to have a truly American identity, which black Americans fully deserve. But the hoops and tricks I've seen people pull to deny any African origin is amazing.

People will claim a native American identity, while others will say that they are idigenous to the land and their people were always in America, all to dismiss any associatiion with Africa and Africans. Rather than say the things that truly make your people "black American", some would rather say the things that make them not "African-American", so it echos a sentiment of believing their is a stigma with being described as African. It comes back to brown paper bag tests and feeling looser hair is "good" while, coarser hair is "nappy". Even features that are purely African don't have as much appreciation as Europeanized features - which in many instances is a legacy of the rape of African women by their white slave masters.
I feel like this is projection I have never heard a Black American state or imply something like this.

Yas

Banned
Daps
That’s not how this is gonna play out.

It’s sad, and very dangerous, that dudes with platforms this big are using it for this

Also some of you need a reminder that it’s not just ADOS vs Africans. For whatever reason this conversion always revolves around Africans, west Africans in particular. Right down to the hairline jokes. And actually it ain’t no mystery why, it’s bc of a learned inferiority of dark skin, also ADOS see Africans as an easy target. Got smoke for Africans but will let Fat Joe say nikka. Hoe shyt

Anyway, ADOS = both your parents are black, black. So it ain’t just Africans, you’re cutting out people that look exactly like you. People of non-ADOS decent. Jamaicans, Hatians, etc.

Cam is from NY who tf isn’t from somewhere else….Jim and Juelz ain’t ADOS :heh: This is just sad man.
Why do Africans play victims like they don't say negative things about black Americans. It's infuriating to watch. Why is it a issue for black Americans to embrace and uplift their culture when literally every other ethic group does.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
One is in college on scholarship as a math major and the other is a junior in HS with a 4.0 gpa..but thanks for the concern
Well if your kids are educated then they can't respect you when you think DNA is make belief. Maybe your son's can break down why your stupid for you.

Wally West

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Well if your kids are educated then they can't respect you when you think DNA is make belief. Maybe your son's can break down why your stupid for you.
I never said DNA was make believe, I said the tests are fake, and my kids are respectful, unlike you who came in spitting insults, respectfully

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda
I don't think anyone has a problem with delineation, AA's or BA's have a wonderful culture and history to be proud of like all other African descent people.

it just gets weird when those online groups start sounding like white racists 'we don't come from those dark skin, big nose africans who can't grow a afro/hairline' or 'look at picture of my great great grandma, she was 100% blackfoot indian, we aint no dammmm africans', 'DNA is a lie' etc.

they even harassing black celebrities that go to Africa for vacation or whatever in the comment section :dead:

fscballin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude said "no slave ships" like that's proof. Not none of the experiences people who made that passage recorded of that journey. All that shyt apparently was made up. He must be one of those "native" brehs

Imagine your ancestors living through such a thing as being shuttled across the world in shakles for you to generations later dismiss it like it never happened. What a fukking time to be alive. :snoop:

Where did they get food and water from during these voyages? For 300 people….for 3 months?

Also 300 men and women at the bottom of a ship? Naked I presume. Urinating, defacating, menstruating, possible pregnant, at the bottom of a dank damp moldy ship. Hollywood rules your mind and you pay them to do it. Dollars and/or attention. The holly tree produces a wood used by witches and sorcerers. It’s the same magic wand that convinced the masses of blacks to inject a gene editing software into their bodies.

Give us us free :unimpressed:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Why do Africans play victims like they don't say negative things about black Americans. It's infuriating to watch. Why is it a issue for black Americans to embrace and uplift their culture when literally every other ethic group does.

We not playing victims :scust:

But as to what you’re implying, I’ll give you 2 answers 1 mature 1 a bit more Frank:

Mature: All of this is no different from the gender war. You have both sides convinced the other is wrong. Both sides convinced the other started it. Both sides—-a bit more on the ‘ADOS’ side—- being radicalized by internet shenanigans when irl this goofy shyt doesn’t really come up (that will change with new generation of radicalized internet born ‘ADOS’). The solution is to actually go outside

Now with that said, some of us ain’t never forgot them African booty scratcher days. :ufdup: We can go back n forth on who started it but at an individual level you not finding an origin before grade school. And most adult Africans experienced the embarrassing colorism and dark phobia in the black community—-I challenge you to argue that didn’t exist. So when ‘ADOS’ start crying ‘why Africans don’t like us/treat us funny’ :childplease:ain’t no sympathy breh.

So some Africans glow up and/or get to the bag and yes ‘look down on’ ADOS. It’s no different than the used to be fat chick turned baddie , or the nerd that was picked on, Etc. Thsts not to say it’s right, but it is to say 1- don’t act stupid like it comes out of nowhere, and 2- who are you to judge how people respond. Everybody love a Katt Williams am I right

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I don't think anyone has a problem with delineation, AA's or BA's have a wonderful culture and history to be proud of like all other African descent people.

it just gets weird when those online groups start sounding like white racists 'we don't come from those dark skin, big nose africans who can't grow a afro/hairline' or 'look at picture of my great great grandma, she was 100% blackfoot indian, we aint no dammmm africans', 'DNA is a lie' etc.

they even harassing black celebrities that go to Africa for vacation or whatever in the comment section :dead:

They have totally gone off the rails. When they stayed in the lane on reparations and punching up on white supremacy, I fully supported them. Now they've devolved into petty MAGA c00ns looking for an internet fight

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Where did they get food and water from during these voyages? For 300 people….for 3 months?

Also 300 men and women at the bottom of a ship? Naked I presume. Urinating, defacating, menstruating, possible pregnant, at the bottom of a dank damp moldy ship. Hollywood rules your mind and you pay them to do it. Dollars and/or attention. The holly tree produces a wood used by witches and sorcerers. It’s the same magic wand that convinced the masses of blacks to inject a gene editing software into their bodies.

Give us us free :unimpressed:
:scust:
look at this shyt y'all. what a time to be alive

:wow: