Shannon and Ocho speak about Camron saying he’s African American not African. Comment’s definitely agree with FBA.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Yes ADOS is and should be recognized as a black ethnic group … anyone disagreeing with this is an agent … obviously …

This will not get in the way of global black unity aka the only way to defeat white supremacy …

fscballin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fukc it. I'll do it.

Most people who came through slavery are not 100% African. I would guess the percentage of descendants of slaves who in 2024 have 100% African DNA is close to zero.

What AMERICAN descendants of slaves are is part of a larger group of descendants of slaves.

I call the geographic area the 'New World'. The Americas and the Caribbean. Slave ships brought African slaves to all parts of the New World. Some stopped in Jamaica. Some stopped in Brazil.

And almost all of us who descended from them are mixed to some degree with European and Americas Natives (including all "Indians" in North and South America).

Dominicans have a stereotype where they claim they're not Black but Latin. People think Puerto Rican is a non Black race unto itself.. but they have the same mix as the rest. Different percentages which result in "light skinned" and "good hair" in some.

The shared experience we have and the shared DNA mix makes us something different enough from African, that it deserves a separate word to describe it.

Call it what you want. Most people globally call it "Niqqer". Which I believe is especially directed at slave descendants moreso than to describe Black people generally (including pure Africans).

Now let's look at the effect that we have created. Civil Rights was US. And people globally piggyback off of OUR blood sweat and tears to fight for freedom. Our art is globally revered and copied. Our slanguage. Our style. Our aesthetic. Our athletes. Our hustlers.

EVERYONE on the globe is impacted by our expression and almost everyone follows our cultural movements.

Deserves a separate word to describe it. To describe US.

I been toying with New World Creole. As a way to capture the idea.

No such thing as slave ships

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
There are black people all over the world with separate cultures based on nationality. 3 generations of lineage in a region outside of your Homeland is pretty much going to induct you into a new cultural identity

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Yes ADOS is and should be recognized as a black ethnic group … anyone disagreeing with this is an agent … obviously …

This will not get in the way of global black unity aka the only way to defeat white supremacy …

Of course.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This world is wicked

I really wish Black folks could really understand what's going on. Stop letting these people trick you out what's rightfully yours.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
claim the family you come from

motherfukkers throw a flag on whoever & whatever they are tryna claim

i know that's exploitation but go for that slick shyte it's your choice

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps
Shannon and Ocho are talking about it cause they talk about whatever's stirring traffic for the week. "FBA" is in the comments cause that's what they do. It's youtube. Somebody's praying to Shannon for a "FBA" shoutout :sadcam:

Crying like a little bytch in every FBA related thread isn't going to stop the FBA discussion that's trending worldwide. :umad:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Crying like a little bytch in every FBA related thread isn't going to stop the FBA discussion that's trending worldwide. :umad:
You gotta forgive me breh, I've never seen "FBA" on youtube comments in my life :ohhh: this is unprecedented :russell:

Wally West

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
He’s right except for the African part, we were here already just like it was melanted folk indigenous to every continent, everybody that’s “black” isn’t from Africa

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Dude said "no slave ships" like that's proof. Not none of the experiences people who made that passage recorded of that journey. All that shyt apparently was made up. He must be one of those "native" brehs

Imagine your ancestors living through such a thing as being shuttled across the world in shakles for you to generations later dismiss it like it never happened. What a fukking time to be alive. :snoop:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dude said "no slave ships" like that's proof. Not none of the experiences people who made that passage recorded of that journey. All that shyt apparently was made up. He must be one of those "native" brehs

Imagine your ancestors living through such a thing as being shuttled across the world in shakles for you to generations later dismiss it like it never happened. What a fukking time to be alive. :snoop:

Crazy because I personally went to this when they had the exhibitions in https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1997-04-10-me-47322-story.htm when i was kid.