Shannon and Ocho speak about Camron saying he’s African American not African. Comment’s definitely agree with FBA.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
He’s right except for the African part, we were here already just like it was melanted folk indigenous to every continent, everybody that’s “black” isn’t from Africa
Look how this stupidity has spread like wildfire.

Peak anti intellectualism. Invalidate the experiences of your ancestors. Your genetic lineage and all the customs carried over. It must be mere coincidence your genealogy traces to West Africa that your people tend to deal with issues such as sickle cell that are directly related to region of origin in Africa. Traces of customs and language carried over. All that is evidence is to be ignored so you can make a ludicrous claim you are an American native despite the fact that you can't actually prove any of that at all.

Incredible. One idiot started that theory and it spread like wildfire amongst the people who already did not like being related to Africa... Hmm must be a coincidence. :laff:

One day they will make a documentary about you fake native fools and shyt will be watched like the greatest tragic comedy of our time. you denounve cultural appropriation. But you want to steal the natives history and identity.

Last edited:

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sure I’m not as well read up on this a some of the coli members but I do feel like we need to establish ourselves separately before we can start back up the R word talks

Wally West

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Look how this stupidity has spread like wildfire.

Peak anti intellectualism. Invalidate the experiences of your ancestors. Your genetic lineage and all the customs carried over. It must be mere coincidence your genealogy traces to West Africa that your people tend to deal with issues such as sickle cell that are directly related to region of origin in Africa. Traces of customs and language carried over. All that is evidence is to be ignored so you can make a ludicrous claim you are an American native despite the fact that you can't actually prove any of that at all.

Incredible. One idiot started that theory and it spread like wildfire amongst the people who already did not like being related to Africa... Hmm must be a coincidence. :laff:

One day they will make a documentary about you fake native fools and shyt will be watched like the greatest tragic comedy of our time. you denounve cultural appropriation. But you want to steal the natives history and identity.
:yeshrug: Believe what you want breh, I got my lineage from my Greatgrandmother in the 80s, not from a textbook or a fake DNA test

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I know a small faction on the coli hates Tariq, but what I said about him a few years ago is still true. Tariq may say some wild shyt sometimes, but he also is the type of person to break the glass on an issue and soak up all the negativity, then other people enter the issue after him and agree with his side of the issue (they may not agree with him, but his side of the issue).

A lot of people that have been crying calling "FBA" a hate group or crying about diaspora wars are finding out more black americans agree with the delineation stuff than just a "small hate group online".

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I know a small faction on the coli hates Tariq, but what I said about him a few years ago is still true. Tariq may say some wild shyt sometimes, but he also is the type of person to break the glass on an issue and soak up all the negativity, then other people enter the issue after him and agree with his side of the issue (they may not agree with him, but his side of the issue).

A lot of people that have been crying calling "FBA" a hate group or crying about diaspora wars are finding out more black americans agree with the delineation stuff than just a "small hate group online".
"Hates Tariq"

A vast majority of people today dislike him because he is a fraud and he exploits the divide to his benefit while also perpetuating it. How would you feel about an African running around saying ADOS are spreading AIDS in South Africa, ADOS are targeting and shooting Africans. Are we supposed to overlook a c00n . manufacturing anti African propaganda reminiscent of KKK?

You make it seem like there's no basis to dislike someone who slanders us. Coins Racial slurs for us that fools happily use. Your whole post is downplaying his character to say well because he does "some" good it's ok.

"Calling FBA a hate group"

People are merely observing how members who claim to be under that banner move online. Making anti African memes that look like minstrel era art mocking our physical appearances. Every post about Africans has someone clowning physical appearances :mjpls:

This is exactly what a hate group does. It's unfortunate that these bad apples are the loudest representatives of FBA online. What do you think people would conclude.

Why do people like you pretend they don't see these things to ask the same questions over and over?

"Finding out more Americans agree with" since these umbrella terms were coined the movements have lost most of their momentum. They are not growing they peaked and are in decline. While you claim things are one way they are actually another.
At no other time has Africa had more Africa American visitors. You guys are on the WRONG side of history but too proud to accept it. Things are not going the way you claim.

Weirdos like Tariq and dudes cos playing native American claiming FBA is not helping your public perception. If you can't see this you have to be blind. You defend the same fool that tried to run with the election was stolen propaganda after telling Black people not to vote. How blind can you really get. shyt is embarrassing

Last edited:

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
Not going to watch the video, but I also believe "black Americans" have a unique history, identity and should definitely have the right to take ownership of a description they feel
properly represents them.

My issue though, is a lot of people are doing it simply because they don't want to be associated with the African continent and not because they want a unique identity. It's the demeaning disassociative comments that are a problem. That "we ain't African"..."we don't look African"..."Africans don't fukk with us"..are comments used to further drive a wedge and distance y'all from the continent.

If it were truly about embracing your collective history, then there would be more of an appreciation of the hardships endured by your ancestors to get to America in the first place. This topic is only acknowledged when it comes to reparations, otherwise folks would rather dismiss the thought of being linked to Africa all together.

I get it to a degree, being called "African-American" you can never feel fully embraced by American culture or feel you are allowed to have a truly American identity, which black Americans fully deserve. But the hoops and tricks I've seen people pull to deny any African origin is amazing.

People will claim a native American identity, while others will say that they are idigenous to the land and their people were always in America, all to dismiss any associatiion with Africa and Africans. Rather than say the things that truly make your people "black American", some would rather say the things that make them not "African-American", so it echos a sentiment of believing their is a stigma with being described as African. It comes back to brown paper bag tests and feeling looser hair is "good" while, coarser hair is "nappy". Even features that are purely African don't have as much appreciation as Europeanized features - which in many instances is a legacy of the rape of African women by their white slave masters.

Excellent post

Wally West

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Jersey