Shannon and Ocho speak about Camron saying he’s African American not African. Comment’s definitely agree with FBA.

Yas

Banned
Daps
You literally said Africans like to play victim and me being an African called you out on your nonsense....you roast Africans and expect us to take it with a smile and a yes Mr American sir 🤣🤣this ain't the 60s man, have some accountability please sir
I can't exactly remember how it start since you quoted me from this old thread I don't even care about this thread anymore since it's boring but I can't have someone talking about BAs

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I feel like this is projection I have never heard a Black American state or imply something like this.

It is, because the majority of Aframs have historically viewed all "black" people no matter where they were from as "ONE" people due to their Pan-Africanist ways. Aframs were the first people as a product of the trans-atlantic slave trade (what we now call, New World blacks) to call themselves "African- _____" or "Afro- _____"

Use of ‘African-American’ Dates to Nation’s Early Days

The term African-American may seem to be a product of recent decades, exploding into common usage in the 1990s after a push from advocates like Jesse Jackson, and only enshrined in the Oxford English Dictionary in 2001.

The O.E.D.’s entry, revised in 2012, traces the first known occurrence to 1835, in an abolitionist newspaper. But now, a researcher has discovered a printed reference in an anti-British sermon from 1782 credited to an anonymous “African American,” pushing the origins of the term back to the earliest days of independence.

“We think of it as a neutral alternative to older terms, one that resembles Italian-American or Irish-American,” said Fred Shapiro, an associate director at the Yale Law School Library, who found the reference. “It’s a very striking usage to see back in 1782.”

One day, Mr. Shapiro typed “African American” into a database of historical newspapers. Up popped an advertisement that appeared in The Pennsylvania Journal on May 15, 1782, announcing: “Two Sermons, written by the African American; one on the Capture of Lord Cornwallis, to be SOLD.”

dxe06tG.png

Black people in the Colonial period, whatever their legal status, were most commonly referred to as “Negro” or “African.”

Katherine C. Martin, the editor of United States dictionaries at Oxford University Press, said the O.E.D.’s researchers were in the process of confirming Mr. Shapiro’s discovery.

“It’s very exciting,” she said. “Once we have it nailed down, I would expect we’ll update our entry.”

The sermon, one of the earliest surviving ones by a black American, may also attract interest from historians.

In it, the speaker boasts about the capture of Cornwallis and decries the British assault on “the freedom of the free born sons of America” while nodding toward the fact of “my own complexion.”

“My beloved countrymen, if I may be permitted thus to call you, who am a descendant of the sable race,” one passage begins.

The speaker also addresses fellow “descendants of Africa” who feel loyalty to Britain, asking: “Tell me in plain and simple language, have ye not been disappointed? Have ye reaped what you labored for?”

The other sermon mentioned in the ad, Mr. Shapiro said, may be “A Sermon on the Present Situation of Affairs of America and Great-Britain,” which had been previously known to scholars. Both refer to “descendants of Africa,” he said, and have dedications invoking South Carolina, whose governor had been held in solitary confinement by the British for nearly a year.

But curiously, the title page of the other sermon attributes it to “a Black.”

In other words, the bifurcation between the terms African-American and black,
the two leading terms today, was present from the very beginning,” Mr. Shapiro said.

Use of ‘African-American’ Dates to Nation’s Early Days (Published 2015)

pWgdVPY.jpg

QuiBCPK.png

fRwVtEc.jpg

:wow:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
the FBA vs Non-FBA stuff is the goofiest shyt I've seen in a while

What's so goofy about it? FBA/ADOS means exactly the same thing as "African American", "AfroAmerican", "Afric American", "Black American" etc... The (American-based) ancestors of todays "Aframs" respected their African origins but they made it clear that they were a new/separate ethnic group apart from their "African" ancestors

1832 - Peter Osborne Speaks to a Crowd Celebrating American Independence, 5 July 1832

"Ye Afric-Americans":to:

iW8qVTC.jpg

QKDnNnk.jpg

H3tOQKv.jpg