Shannon and Ocho speak about Camron saying he’s African American not African. Comment’s definitely agree with FBA.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Fukc it. I'll do it.

Most people who came through slavery are not 100% African. I would guess the percentage of descendants of slaves who in 2024 have 100% African DNA is close to zero.

What AMERICAN descendants of slaves are is part of a larger group of descendants of slaves.

I call the geographic area the 'New World'. The Americas and the Caribbean. Slave ships brought African slaves to all parts of the New World. Some stopped in Jamaica. Some stopped in Brazil.

And almost all of us who descended from them are mixed to some degree with European and Americas Natives (including all "Indians" in North and South America).

Dominicans have a stereotype where they claim they're not Black but Latin. People think Puerto Rican is a non Black race unto itself.. but they have the same mix as the rest. Different percentages which result in "light skinned" and "good hair" in some.

The shared experience we have and the shared DNA mix makes us something different enough from African, that it deserves a separate word to describe it.

Call it what you want. Most people globally call it "Niqqer". Which I believe is especially directed at slave descendants moreso than to describe Black people generally (including pure Africans).

Now let's look at the effect that we have created. Civil Rights was US. And people globally piggyback off of OUR blood sweat and tears to fight for freedom. Our art is globally revered and copied. Our slanguage. Our style. Our aesthetic. Our athletes. Our hustlers.

EVERYONE on the globe is impacted by our expression and almost everyone follows our cultural movements.

Deserves a separate word to describe it. To describe US.

I been toying with New World Creole. As a way to capture the idea.
I think there’s already a word for what you’re describing.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Love to the black diaspora worldwide. All we are doing is making our own ethnic group. There is no hate on our part just circling our wagons.

That’s not how this is gonna play out.

It’s sad, and very dangerous, that dudes with platforms this big are using it for this

Also some of you need a reminder that it’s not just ADOS vs Africans. For whatever reason this conversion always revolves around Africans, west Africans in particular. Right down to the hairline jokes. And actually it ain’t no mystery why, it’s bc of a learned inferiority of dark skin, also ADOS see Africans as an easy target. Got smoke for Africans but will let Fat Joe say nikka. Hoe shyt

Anyway, ADOS = both your parents are black, black. So it ain’t just Africans, you’re cutting out people that look exactly like you. People of non-ADOS decent. Jamaicans, Hatians, etc.

Cam is from NY who tf isn’t from somewhere else….Jim and Juelz ain’t ADOS :heh: This is just sad man.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Distinctions are fine, but “FBA” is 100% a hate group, if you think there’s any real good faith to be had with Tariq and his ignorant worshippers, you got mental problems. It’s black MAGA with all the grift and phoniness included.
The saddest part is this FBA stuff was probably created by white supremacist strategist on some Lee Atwater southern
Strategy type shyt . The political benefits to racist whites and the negatives for our community are very obvious. I hate to admit it but it was smart, the political ignorance in our community has risen to break the glass emergency status, we are unfortunately in crisis:sadcam:

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
That’s not how this is gonna play out.

It’s sad, and very dangerous, that dudes with platforms this big are using it for this

Also some of you need a reminder that it’s not just ADOS vs Africans. For whatever reason this conversion always revolves around Africans, west Africans in particular. Right down to the hairline jokes

Well ADOS = both your parents are black, black

So you’re cutting out people that look exactly like you. People of non-ADOS decent. Jamaicans, Hatians, etc.

Cam is from NY…Jim and Juelz ain’t ADOS :heh: This is just sad man.

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
The saddest part is this FBA stuff was probably created by white supremacist strategist on some Lee Atwater southern
Strategy type shyt . The political benefits to racist whites and the negatives for our community are very obvious. I hate to admit it but it was smart, the political ignorance in our community has risen to break the glass emergency status, we are unfortunately in crisis:sadcam:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
I think he’s bitter, looks unhappy.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Fukc it. I'll do it.

Most people who came through slavery are not 100% African. I would guess the percentage of descendants of slaves who in 2024 have 100% African DNA is close to zero.

What AMERICAN descendants of slaves are is part of a larger group of descendants of slaves.

I call the geographic area the 'New World'. The Americas and the Caribbean. Slave ships brought African slaves to all parts of the New World. Some stopped in Jamaica. Some stopped in Brazil.

And almost all of us who descended from them are mixed to some degree with European and Americas Natives (including all "Indians" in North and South America).

Dominicans have a stereotype where they claim they're not Black but Latin. People think Puerto Rican is a non Black race unto itself.. but they have the same mix as the rest. Different percentages which result in "light skinned" and "good hair" in some.

The shared experience we have and the shared DNA mix makes us something different enough from African, that it deserves a separate word to describe it.

Call it what you want. Most people globally call it "Niqqer". Which I believe is especially directed at slave descendants moreso than to describe Black people generally (including pure Africans).

Now let's look at the effect that we have created. Civil Rights was US. And people globally piggyback off of OUR blood sweat and tears to fight for freedom. Our art is globally revered and copied. Our slanguage. Our style. Our aesthetic. Our athletes. Our hustlers.

EVERYONE on the globe is impacted by our expression and almost everyone follows our cultural movements.

Deserves a separate word to describe it. To describe US.

I been toying with New World Creole. As a way to capture the idea.
Yes..by definition we are Creole. So you are on to something.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Cam'ron has an American passport.
Hes an American..What the issue here??
The only rappers anybody can call African is Styles P and Shyne because their mothers are African.

Now Shannon Sharpe on the other hand looks like a Nigerian straight from Nigeria :mjlol:
No one would even look at him twice walking through Lagos :pachaha:

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps

Black-Americans are multigenerationally mixed, but not to the degree that you think. African-Americans at best may have trace indigenous DNA. Some may have a bit (around 2%-3%), but many also have none at all. The "mixed" black Americans are overrepresented due to the 1 drop rule (which was instituted by a racist caste system). That's why people like Rachel Dolezal are able to infiltrate black spaces and pretend to be one of y'all because you have also included truly racially mixed people into your ethnic group even if their percentage of DNA from Africa is practically negligible. So in a sense the "black American" identity is beyond race - it extends to culture.

That said, the European DNA in true black Americans is overstated. Many have has high as 30%, but there are many African descendants with less than 10% white DNA. I'll share some examples.

If you want to see the percentage of African DNA from African descendants of various backgrounds, you can check out this page:

You tend to find that people from Georgia and Carolinas can have African DNA from the high 80% to the low 90%. Indigenous DNA is usually trace.