Shannon and Ocho speak about Camron saying he’s African American not African. Comment’s definitely agree with FBA.

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
I feel like this is projection I have never heard a Black American state or imply something like this.

Go through Twitter. Lots of people harbor those sentiments. It's also why these groups find it hard to have a definitive identity or leadership. For some it's ADOS, for some it's FBA. It's a lot of politicking going on while not having the exact same mandate.

Too much making it about your dissimilarity to Africans and less about fighting systematic white supremacy. That's why Republicans can change laws in black districts without so much as people marching. It can't hold a candle to genuine Civil Right Movements or the Black Panther movements of the 60s/70s.

Half the posts I see with people with ADOS/FBA in their bio are posting racist memes about Africans. It's wild to see. But the actual political energy needed to get reparations - or whatever it is the end goals of the groups are - is missing. It's alot of angry unaccomplished people who seem to be spiteful about black immigrants.

Trust me when people say their ancestors were "always here" and and call themselves "idigenous" but willl refuse a DNA test to reveal their true origins, it shows their motives are disengenuous.

fscballin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:scust:
look at this shyt y'all. what a time to be alive

:wow:

juelz-talking.gif

Yas

Banned
Daps
We not playing victims :scust:

But as to what you’re implying, I’ll give you 2 answers 1 mature 1 a bit more Frank:

Mature: All of this is no different from the gender war. You have both sides convinced the other is wrong. Both sides convinced the other started it. Both sides—-a bit more on the ‘ADOS’ side—- being radicalized by internet shenanigans when irl this goofy shyt doesn’t really come up (that will change with new generation of radicalized internet born ‘ADOS’). The solution is to actually go outside

Now with that said, some of us ain’t never forgot them African booty scratcher days. :ufdup: We can go back n forth on who started it but at an individual level you not finding an origin before grade school. And most adult Africans experienced the embarrassing colorism and dark phobia in the black community—-I challenge you to argue that didn’t exist. So when ‘ADOS’ start crying ‘why Africans don’t like us/treat us funny’ :childplease:ain’t no sympathy breh.

So some Africans glow up and/or get to the bag and yes ‘look down on’ ADOS. It’s no different than the used to be fat chick turned baddie , or the nerd that was picked on, Etc. Thsts not to say it’s right, but it is to say 1- don’t act stupid like it comes out of nowhere, and 2- who are you to judge how people respond. Everybody love a Katt Williams am I right
No offense to y'all with the bullying but as someone that grew up in a country with a different accent and was made fun of for it, y'all should really let that go. You are a grownup and should realize that Kids are a$$holes. Was the joke ignorant yes but people have grown since then. Again y'all also thought negative about BAs.

Yas

Banned
Daps
Go through Twitter. Lots of people harbor those sentiments. It's also why these groups find it hard to have a definitive identity or leadership. For some it's ADOS, for some it's FBA. It's a lot of politicking going on while not having the exact same mandate.

Too much making it about your dissimilarity to Africans and less about fighting systematic white supremacy. That's why Republicans can change laws in black districts without so much as people marching. It can't hold a candle to genuine Civil Right Movements or the Black Panther movements of the 60s/70s.

Half the posts I see with people with ADOS/FBA in their bio are posting racist memes about Africans. It's wild to see. But the actual political energy needed to get reparations - or whatever it is the end goals of the groups are - is missing. It's alot of angry unaccomplished people who seem to be spiteful about black immigrants.

Trust me when people say their ancestors were "always here" and and call themselves "idigenous" but willl refuse a DNA test to reveal their true origins, it shows their motives are disengenuous.
Are your even BA? Because in real life that's not the reason at all

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I'm Black American first :manny:

African and caribbean think way to differently then we do about cacs they want to be around them we don't we just want what is owed

Bullshyt, Africans dont want cacs around..you clearly cant put 2 and 2 together huh. :comeon:
You see some refugees running to cac America to make dollars and you automatically think they theyre there to hang around cacs all day :pachaha:
You then go further and make a false connection, that somehow that means every dude in Africa is trying to be around cacs. :ohhh:

Zimbabwe long kicked them out, Namibia about to..
Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger and Gabon are kicking out the cacs, or were you unaware of that fact.
Ghana and Uganda said fukk your cac gay promotion, America threatened sanctions..they said fukk you, bring it on.

Tell us, when was the last time brehs in America actually stood up to cacs and expelled them from Black areas and drew a line in the sand???

It was a contentious debate on here last week about how the US army is full of Black Americans.
You guys arent trying to get away from cacs, youre actually joining them in the barracks and prepared to fight against other Black nations if the call comes, yet want to talk about how Carribeans and Africans want to be around cacs :what:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Most people who came through slavery are not 100% African. I would guess the percentage of descendants of slaves who in 2024 have 100% African DNA is close to zero.
You need to cite sources now, because I see a lot of you parroting this idea that "Most" African Americans are mixed (as in like 20% other DNA besides African).

I posted my DNA and I'm nowhere near that, (97% African DNA) but I'm just one person.

We need hard numbers.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
No offense to y'all with the bullying but as someone that grew up in a country with a different accent and was made fun of for it, y'all should really let that go. You are a grownup and should realize that Kids are a$$holes. Was the joke ignorant yes but people have grown since then. Again y'all also thought negative about BAs.
Basically these dudes cant get over their elementary/middle school trauma of being picked on.

It’s kind of sad when you think about it. I would say pathetic but I sort of feel bad for them. They need therapy. The vitriol they harbor against black americans spans decades. Got grown men 30+ still can’t get over being clowned on in cafeteria

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
You need to cite sources now, because I see a lot of you parroting this idea that "Most" African Americans are mixed (as in like 20% other DNA besides African).

I posted my DNA and I'm nowhere near that, (97% African DNA) but I'm just one person.

We need hard numbers.

And your folks were slaves on both sides?

Just curious from the research standpoint.

I am. NC and SC. Both mother and father side have white and native. Like, grandfathers grandfather type shyt. I never had my DNA analyzed (@Feds :ufdup: ) but in my case there's four family trees all with some mix (my four grandparents families).

I guess I'm just judging by looking at the people I know and grew up with. I have very few in my cypher that I would look at and say were pure African.

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps

We need hard numbers.
Most the numbers that some try to claim were only 60-70% African are very out-dated and from early DNA statistics. Those numbers have increased dramatically over the years.

There are people who absolutely try to push an agenda that we’re “mixed” as a way to disassociate from Africa and touting out-dated DNA statistics is just another means to do so.

Best believe pre-conceived notions on skin tone and features play a big part in all of this as well.
:mjpls:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

We need hard numbers.

97% is very high compared to what others have posted, not saying theirs are the national standard.

You may also discover that most Black people who submitted DNA for testing were from more upwardly states not in the South where you'd perhaps find higher concentrations of African dna. But I'm just speculating :hubie:

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The saddest part is this FBA stuff was probably created by white supremacist strategist on some Lee Atwater southern
Strategy type shyt . The political benefits to racist whites and the negatives for our community are very obvious. I hate to admit it but it was smart, the political ignorance in our community has risen to break the glass emergency status, we are unfortunately in crisis:sadcam:

Google John Tanton

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Fukc it. I'll do it.

Most people who came through slavery are not 100% African. I would guess the percentage of descendants of slaves who in 2024 have 100% African DNA is close to zero.

What AMERICAN descendants of slaves are is part of a larger group of descendants of slaves.

I call the geographic area the 'New World'. The Americas and the Caribbean. Slave ships brought African slaves to all parts of the New World. Some stopped in Jamaica. Some stopped in Brazil.

And almost all of us who descended from them are mixed to some degree with European and Americas Natives (including all "Indians" in North and South America).

Dominicans have a stereotype where they claim they're not Black but Latin. People think Puerto Rican is a non Black race unto itself.. but they have the same mix as the rest. Different percentages which result in "light skinned" and "good hair" in some.

The shared experience we have and the shared DNA mix makes us something different enough from African, that it deserves a separate word to describe it.

Call it what you want. Most people globally call it "Niqqer". Which I believe is especially directed at slave descendants moreso than to describe Black people generally (including pure Africans).

Now let's look at the effect that we have created. Civil Rights was US. And people globally piggyback off of OUR blood sweat and tears to fight for freedom. Our art is globally revered and copied. Our slanguage. Our style. Our aesthetic. Our athletes. Our hustlers.

EVERYONE on the globe is impacted by our expression and almost everyone follows our cultural movements.

Deserves a separate word to describe it. To describe US.

I been toying with New World Creole. As a way to capture the idea.

First thing we need to stop doing is believing in the white mans DNA fairy tales. Based on their fan fiction half of Africa doesnt have 100 percent African dna. Even the ancient groups who were once said to be purely african. Have been found to have traces of Eurasian dna. How about Europeans derive from Eurasians who were black. So "European" dna is still a black mans dna. It just all depends on how you CHOOSE to interprate it. And as we see,the Eurpean has no problem creating new migration stories all willy nilly to fit many different narratives:respect:

Daps
My DNA is 91% african
1% Native American
8% various euro cac

That’s pretty amazing for someone who has ancestors that been here before the 1800’s.

Pretty sure the CAC dna is from my great great great great grandmother on my mothers side who was “Native American”