Serious question - when will X-Box start getting games like...

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I seriously wonder if the people hyping Hellblade 2 played Hellblade 1? Or any other Ninja Theory game? They have never been anything but painfully average.

DMC
Heavenly Sword
Enslaved
Bleeding Edge

These dudes are NOT killers. :mjlol: Could they surprise people with HB2? Maybe. :ld:
None of the guys hyped for Hellblade 2 posted in the original Hellblade thread. Why? it was a PS4/PC exclusive at first so they didn't care.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
It seems you guys just want the Xbox to be a copy of the Playstation brand. Single player third person games with strong narrative and linear setting is Playstation's bread and butter and what they are good at and what made it them successful. Xbox trying to copy that would only hurt them. Xbox needs to find their OWN bread and butter outside of shooters which seems it will be AAA open world western RPGs like I said based on what many of their new studios are making. Now whether their games will be GOTY is a different story.

But no they shouldn't try and copy Playstation instead it should be organically. People in teh Arcadium just haven't been paying attention to what Xbox's new first party been doing. Which explains the whole tired "Halo, Gears, Forza."

Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
Movie games are trash don’t matter who makes them. Tomb Raider, Uncharted, Quantum Break. All trash :manny:

I personally wouldn't call them trash but I get bored playing those single player games. I'm too competitive for those games. I'll start it, think it's dope AF, then stop playing it. I did the same with Red Dead. Thats really why I'm no stan to either side. Gimme exclusive multiplayer games. I'll own both out the gate but I might find myself on the XSX if Halo looks good.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Never gonna happen because xbots are not into those kind of artistic games. Just give them a dumb shooter and a sports game and they’ll be happy.

This. The Xbox is the "dude bro" and "God, Guns, & Glory" patriot console of choice. Their games reflect that. They raved about Sunset Overdrive simply because it wasn't on Sony's platform, but most of them either played it for all of three hours before picking up CoD or Halo, or didn't play it all. MS knows their audience.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Never gonna happen because xbots are not into those kind of artistic games. Just give them a dumb shooter and a sports game and they’ll be happy.
Mass Effect, Fable and Skyrim(I know its not exclusive but sold most on 360 and sold MORE than any COD on the 360), and Star Wars Knight of Old Republic disagrees...

People forget that Xbox was the go to western RPG console. And it seems to be returning to its roots.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It seems you guys just want the Xbox to be a copy of the Playstation brand. Single player third person games with strong narrative and linear setting is Playstation's bread and butter and what they are good at and what made it them successful. Xbox trying to copy that would only hurt them. Xbox needs to find their OWN bread and butter outside of shooters which seems it will be AAA open world western RPGs like I said based on what many of their new studios are making. Now whether their games will be GOTY is a different story.

But no they shouldn't try and copy Playstation instead it should be organically. People in teh Arcadium just haven't been paying attention to what Xbox's new first party been doing. Which explains the whole tired "Halo, Gears, Forza."
The majority of the best games this gen across both platforms are single player AAA games. Saying SP third person games is something Sony only excels at is foregetting MOST of the best games this gen are single player AAA third party titles. Check it out:

Witcher 3
Resident Evil 2
MGSV
Hitman
Nier Automata
Red Dead Redemption 2
Sekiro
Dishonered 2
Devil May Cry 5
Nioh
Batman
Spider-Man
Doom Eternal
Wolfenstein 2
Fallout
GTA V
Mass Effect
The Outer worlds
RE7
Far Cry
Assasin's Creed

There's tons more but the majority of the "BEST" games this gen are SP focused and may have a MP mode but that's not what got it critically acclaimed. MSFT don't need to copy Sony, they need to copy good games regardless of the genre. Playstation has exclusive western open world games(Horizon), linear action adventure, JRPG, 3d platformers etc. They excel at creating some of the best looking/bombastic games. Assassin's Creed Origins vs Horizon or Ghost of Tsushima. Batman vs Spider-Man. Nioh vs Bloodborne etc. If anything every dev copies each other.

Last edited:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
The majority of the best games this gen across both platforms are single player AAA games. Saying SP third person games is something Sony only excels at is foregetting MOST of the best games this gen are single player AAA third party titles. Check it out:

Witcher 3
Resident Evil 2
MGSV
Nier Automata
Red Dead Redemption 2
Sekiro
Dishonered 2
Devil May Cry 5
Nioh
Batman
Spider-Man
Doom Eternal
Wolfenstein 2
Fallout
GTA V
Mass Effect
The Outer worlds
RE7
Far Cry
Assasin's Creed

There's tons more but the majority of the "BEST" games this gen are SP focused and may have a MP mode but that's not what got it critically acclaimed. MSFT don't need to copy Sony, they need to copy good games regardless of the genre. Playstation has exclusive western open world games(Horizon), linear action adventure, JRPG, 3d platformers etc.
I never said there was anything wrong with single player games or the ones Sony make. Heck "single player" is a very vague term and can mean anything which many people don't understand. There are different types of SP games.

Xbox seems to be going after a different form of single player games i.e open world RPGS. And I personally don't consider Horizon Zero Dawn a RPG but that's another story.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I never said there was anything wrong with single player games or the ones Sony make. Heck "single player" is a very vague term and can mean anything which many people don't understand.

Xbox seems to be going after a different form of single player games i.e open world RPGS. And I personally don't consider Horizon Zero Dawn a RPG but that's another story.
If anything, Xbox should focus on open world RPG like you said. Something that competes with Skyrim, GTA and/or Witcher. If MSFT were developing a game that had the same production values as say Uncharted it would turn heads. They tried that with that game Quantam Break but it was ass. Their problem isn't the genre or type of game, it's just the quality of the game itself. They seem to try one time and if it flops they give up. Imagine if Sony didn't make any more AAA SP games because The Order flopped. They just gotta keep at it. They got the Forza, Halo and Gears stigma from relying on those main games way too much.

I bet you in July we'll hear of Forza again as a launch title along with Halo which isn't bad but still reinforces that stigma. Every platform has a stigma attached to it e.g.Nintendo is kiddy, Sony 3rd person cinematic, MSFT shooter dude bro.

If they show an open world AAA game looking like something another big dev makes it'd turn heads.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
None of the guys hyped for Hellblade 2 posted in the original Hellblade thread. Why? it was a PS4/PC exclusive at first so they didn't care.

Hellblade 2 not gon move the needle but we're not ready to have that conversation :skip:

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
No hate just my view
The last of us was kind of trash
Spiderman was a hunt for collectibles
Uncharted is a linear male tomb raider

I've played tomb raider since the day it first released. I ain't playing that shyt ever again.
Demon souls is good, but dark souls and the other spins are more than enough to eat off of.
If exclusives really mattered, we'd all be playing Nintendo. Xbox exclusives are trash too don't get me wrong. Unless you like the 6-7 games that Playstation has, it's not really a big deal. Horizon is like turok crossed with far cry primal. I know more females playing that than anything. Plus I mean you can just play monster hunter. Resident evil has a cult following and is one of the biggest games, but I haven't cared for that shyt since nemesis on dreamcast. Just me, but I can't play no linear shyt where you do the same thing every game. Most games are exactly the same as what they were when they first released.like if we ever get to a red dead 7....the cowboy story is cool but how many times am I gonna make leather clothing and buy a 6 shooter? I can play super Mario world for the rest of my life. But halo, tomb raider, gears, resident evil...I've already experienced all they have to offer me. 2k does the same bullshyt too...the last 4 games could have just been updates. Instead I paid them 240$ for some garbage.