Serious question - when will X-Box start getting games like...

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
nikkas in here calling Last of Us trash yet the Xbox isn't getting a new game until Assassin's Creed which is a multiplat :mjlol:

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
I’m not in the minority.

100 Million PS4s in homes. Uncharted 4 sold 20 million copies.

Lots of PlayStation gamers don’t care for uncharted.

And you never see me in those game threads talking shyt. This is a thread inviting people to come and talk about that style of game:manny:
People must hate Halo/Forza/Gears since the last entry of those games didnt even sell half of Uncharted 4.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
I don't argue with Xbots about games, bruh :pachaha:

EaUynjaWAAAa0O9

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m not in the minority.

100 Million PS4s in homes. Uncharted 4 sold 20 million copies.

Lots of PlayStation gamers don’t care for uncharted.

And you never see me in those game threads talking shyt. This is a thread inviting people to come and talk about that style of game:manny:
So you think just because there are 100m PS4s out there uncharted should sell 100m? :mjlol:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
If anything, Xbox should focus on open world RPG like you said. Something that competes with Skyrim, GTA and/or Witcher. If MSFT were developing a game that had the same production values as say Uncharted it would turn heads. They tried that with that game Quantam Break but it was ass. Their problem isn't the genre or type of game, it's just the quality of the game itself. They seem to try one time and if it flops they give up. Imagine if Sony didn't make any more AAA SP games because The Order flopped. They just gotta keep at it. They got the Forza, Halo and Gears stigma from relying on those main games way too much.
I get what you mean and mostly agree. But who says they stopped making linear single player games? Quantum Break flopped because it was expensive as fukk with the TV and just a waste of time. The Initiative seems to be going that "Uncharted route" for example.

Anyways, they relied on those three IPs mostly this gen.

I bet you in July we'll hear of Forza again as a launch title along with Halo which isn't bad but still reinforces that stigma. Every platform has a stigma attached to it e.g.Nintendo is kiddy, Sony 3rd person cinematic, MSFT shooter dude bro.
If that's the case then there's nothing wrong with stigmas as long as you diversify.
If they show an open world AAA game looking like something another big dev makes it'd turn heads.

Agreed. But based of job hirings they seem to be going that route with Playground, Obsidian and Inxile. Of course we have to wait and people are tired of waiting with Xbox. But again it seems on paper that the Xbox is returning to its western RPG roots.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But dudes swore up and down by the order 1886 and knack

:mjlol:
Nope, everyone called Knack trash and The Order 1886 trash(Though I hated Knack I thought The Order wasn't bad it was just too short.) Y'all swear Ryse was Xbox's Roman God of War :mjlol:
Edit:Knack 2 isn't bad. The Order got trashed because it was super short(like 4 hours), didn't have no extra content and therefore overpriced. It was one of the best "worst" games I've played(next to some James Bond PS3 game).