Serious question - when will X-Box start getting games like...

PremierDaTruth

Oh well.
Daps
Disagree.
God of War, Persona 5/Royal, Uncharted 4/TLL, Bloodborne and Spider-Man are NOT overrated. Heck, Horizon Zero Dawn, Ratchet and Clank, Gravity Rush 2, Astro Bot(VR game), and Dreams are rated appropriately(85~89). When someone says a game is overrated they're basically being pretentious and are upset other people find enjoyment in something they do not.

Bloodborne is a all time great game, FF7 remake may be as well. All other PS4 exclusives I’ll pass on

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
God of War has average gameplay but the "others" have good gameplay?:gucci:

I'm starting to think some of you guys just aren't really good at shooters or don't like em because out of all the third person shooters I've played this gen, Uncharted 4 was at the very top with how good it felt and I've played among the best. God of War is far from average, if you were talking about God of War 3 and older maybe but the new one? Absolutely not.

Never have I ever disagreed with an opinion so strongly.

God of War games best gameplay was seen early on in the series. You can definitely do a lot worse than the recent game but for many, they sacrifice free flowing fighting for the set pieces that heighten the story. The fights with Baldur illustrates my point perfectly. As far as build-up and things to do. It strikes me as what I saw in Hellsblade, accessible and bland. Let's not mistake this game for what Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2 are. This ain't that where you feel like you are assaulting the controller to save your ass from dying. Back to God of War, the POV of the camera needs to be pulled back a touch. The fact that this is a more tactical approach to combat is fine but having played others like Dark Souls, it comes off as lacking, especially when it comes off to the type of enemy that you fight in GOW.

Which current gen games do you consider are better than those?

I'm looking at it from the perspective of purely gameplay.

I'm excluding turn-based, racing and platformer games.

Dragon's Dogma
Dark Souls 3
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
The Witcher 3

I believe that these are some games with great combat systems.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
God of War games best gameplay was seen early on in the series. You can definitely do a lot worse than the recent game but for many, they sacrifice free flowing fighting for the set pieces that heighten the story. The fights with Baldur illustrates my point perfectly. As far as build-up and things to do. It strikes me as what I saw in Hellsblade, accessible and bland. Let's not mistake this game for what Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2 are. This ain't that where you feel like you are assaulting the controller to save your ass from dying. Back to God of War, the POV of the camera needs to be pulled back a touch. The fact that this is a more tactical approach to combat is fine but having played others like Dark Souls, it comes off as lacking, especially when it comes off to the type of enemy that you fight in GOW.

I'm looking at it from the perspective of purely gameplay.

I'm excluding turn-based, racing and platformer games.

Dragon's Dogma
Dark Souls 3
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
The Witcher 3

I believe that these are some games with great combat systems.
tenor.gif

laughing%20images%20download.gif

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

izi1mXkXGlUew1gHOJvxUrj2FrjDTuv38r2SGtqu6-HftGzbBQUyBW1yPYV03V1cHu0qeAYuBLH3qghmLYf0sF5bKO_4xq63jspMgU5Utlnq8cUUCTVfOyjVClIGhfZ-QaY

tenor.gif

Bro, you completely invalidated your opinion by statin ASS SASS INS CREED ODDYSSEY AND WITCHER 3 having better gameplay. You use a specific story fight with Baldur but IGNORE the freaking fights with the valkyries which are VERY tight. Bro you LOST me with this opinion. I didn't say it was Ninja Gaiden or Bayonetta but stop it. Souls? Souls does not have better gameplay, better depth I can see but purely mechanical? Souls games play poorly, they're lauded for their difficulty. PLENTY of enemy fights in God of War are WAY more exciting in a MECHANICAL way than those piss poor fights in Witcher 3 or Assassin's Creed. Like come on. You had to use a specific boss fight that served as a set piece but not the other boss fights/enemy encounters to make a point.

OMFG this is such a bad opinion. You xbox nikkas are crazy.:russ::russ::russ::russ::russ: Holy shyt lemme get outta here and go to Target.

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I can't co sign gow, it had some of the tightest and most responsive combat this entire generation. If not the best outside of sekiro

And bosses that were fun and took both skill and planning to beat.