Serena Williams on the Steubenville Rape case: "I'm not blaming the girl, but..."

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
to be somewhat transparent to those that say she should have exercised better judgement ...

the boys she chose to hang out with at the party were widely known to call themselves the "rape crew". apparently it was a running joke of some sort inside the school's social circle. also the girl's friends tried several times to take her away before she was incapacitated and she reportedly resisted them saying she wanted to stay with the football players. this is part of the case notes.

that in no way excuses what the boys did, but it does add another layer of info to the tragedy.

Saying they were widely called "the rape crew" amongst the school circles before the incident is a complete lie. They got that name from hackers who were exposing their personal info AFTER the case went public. As far as her resisting her friends, if thats not a lie too, who cares? Unless you're telling me they knew she was gunna be raped, and she said "no I wanna be raped go away", the point is moot.

Its really disgusting how invested so many are in going after the victim. It truly bothers me.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Someone made a comment equating this girl's actions to walking through a den of lions with meat strapped all over your body.

:why:

Are we all just going to pretend that its not incredibly harmful to society to normalize the behavior of boys/men to that of wild animals? Just to avoid addressing them and to hammer further on what girls could do differently to prevent being victims of boys we are letting run amok?

That's the problem. Its not the girls, its the boys. But they are rarely if ever addressed, we just equate whatever vile thing they do to their so-called nature. Call it boys being boys and then chastise girls for not limiting themselves and their lifestyle further and further to not be victims of boys being boys. Its insanity to me. People will trip over themselves in order to never address the actual problem in the situation.

What are you talking about a mans life can be ruined just based of an accusation of rape.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Saying they were widely called "the rape crew" amongst the school circles before the incident is a complete lie. They got that name from hackers who were exposing their personal info AFTER the case went public. As far as her resisting her friends, if thats not a lie too, who cares? Unless you're telling me they knew she was gunna be raped, and she said "no I wanna be raped go away", the point is moot.

Its really disgusting how invested so many are in going after the victim. It truly bothers me.
What really bothers me is why you don't see the reason for people assessing her actions.

We are going after her actions not her personally.

It's like you want us to say that she is all innocent and kids should keep on drinking until they black out and should walk into situations where a bad result in most likely to happen and hope for the best.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

Who is going against the victim?

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
I still don't think they raped her, I think she got ran through and she regretted the shut when she sobered up. If she was unconscious when they penetrated her then that's rape but I some think that video of her being varied proves she was knocked out when she got fukked..

She chose that life as far as im concerned.

So I guess the pic they posted on Facebook of the 2 guys holding her as dead weight by the arms and legs while she was blatantly completely unconscious was consensual fun at the time? Or the video of their friend when the 2 guys did end up carrying h her into the other room saying, "she's so raped right now!" And laughing. That was probably all consensual. I'm sure she just had buyers remorse the next day. :yeshrug:

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

you sure it's a complete lie? i'm pretty sure i recall reading statements from students at the school that these kids did refer to themselves as the rape crew. it's also part of the case notes. have you actually read the information available on the case? it's some pretty disturbing stuff in there that doesn't change the fact she was raped, but it looks like some warning signs were ignored or just because of nativity.

the hackers did blow them up after the media wouldn't release the boys identities. i don't think the hackers are the ones that dubbed them the rape crew though.

i don't really agree that a lot of people are going in on the victim like she deserved it. i think a lot of people are looking at situations they've been exposed to or knew of happening that makes them think "why didn't she know better?" we all saw movies like players ball, heard of girls gettin ran through on the team bus, or at the local house party. no one deserves to be assaulted. a lot of us just take for granted that not everyone is exposed to the things some of us were and maybe they don't know better.

then there are the stories of the girls giving up the nappy to the football team willingly for (insert wrong reason here) then claiming rape. we all know there's truth to both sides of the coin. it just makes folks skeptical of which side of the coin this case falls on. personally i give her the benefit of a doubt that she was really that naive.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
A woman should never put 100% trust in any guy. I don't see how any grown man could not teach this to any woman he love.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its a bad look she's absolutley right....real victims of rape have to deal with shyt like this bcuz females don't know u shouldn't get drunk aroun strangers....I give the girl a pass cuz I think she wuz a kid if I remember right,but u grown drunk bytches?a conversation has to be had and u must be blamed if u wake up wit a dikk in your mouth of sumbody u don't recognize....u think its cute to get blackout drunk:ufdup:

Females can get drunk and say sum dude raped you cuz u don't remember what u got yourself into,dude is looked at as a scumbag for takin advantage of a drunk girl....but what if he wuz drinking too?maybe if he wuz sober he wouldn't have done it,as adude that's been drinking he has the responsibility to recognize just how drunk you are,and if your so drunk u might not really wanna do this if yoou were sober:mjpls:?

Luckily for them boys they wuz juveniles:whew:

No_bammer_weed

Daps

What really bothers me is why you don't see the reason for people assessing her actions.

We are going after her actions not her personally.

It's like you want us to say that she is all innocent and kids should keep on drinking until they black out and should walk into situations where a bad result in most likely to happen and hope for the best.

Naw, people have been going in on her personally. Even you yourself. When I told you she testified that she felt like she could trust the dude she was there with, you were quick to insinuate she was lying and doing it to save face. There have been plenty of disturbing comments like that. "She knew they were called the rape crew". "Im sure shes not sorry about getting blacked out", etc, etc. All of this is supposed to be this *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge* insinuation that she all but wanted this to happen. Thats why you cats, and Serena, are going in on her. Its not because of some bs. "caring about other girls" sht. A lot of you cats feel like she got what she deserved, and that boys shouldnt be expected to pass up a drunk and incapacitated female. Its just all sick.

No_bammer_weed

Daps
you sure it's a complete lie? i'm pretty sure i recall reading statements from students at the school that these kids did refer to themselves as the rape crew. it's also part of the case notes. have you actually read the information available on the case? it's some pretty disturbing stuff in there that doesn't change the fact she was raped, but it looks like some warning signs were ignored or just because of nativity.

the hackers did blow them up after the media wouldn't release the boys identities. i don't think the hackers are the ones that dubbed them the rape crew though.

i don't really agree that a lot of people are going in on the victim like she deserved it. i think a lot of people are looking at situations they've been exposed to or knew of happening that makes them think "why didn't she know better?" we all saw movies like players ball, heard of girls gettin ran through on the team bus, or at the local house party. no one deserves to be assaulted. a lot of us just take for granted that not everyone is exposed to the things some of us were and maybe they don't know better.

then there are the stories of the girls giving up the nappy to the football team willingly for (insert wrong reason here) then claiming rape. we all know there's truth to both sides of the coin. it just makes folks skeptical of which side of the coin this case falls on. personally i give her the benefit of a doubt that she was really that naive.

About the rape crew name:

The "Rape Crew": Mark Cole, Anthony Craig, and Evan Westlake (and Cody Saltsman and Mike Nodianos) The moniker comes straight from the hackers

Enter the Trial in Steubenville, Where the Cast Is Not Merely Football Players - Alexander Abad-Santos and Matt Sullivan - The Atlantic Wire

And the fact of the matter is that everyone assumed she was lying about the rape completely, until video evidence surfaced which proved her story that she was incapacitated. Then the focus shifted to "well, why was she drunk then?"....Incredibly sad.

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
IT'S HER FAULT FOR LIVING IN A TOWN WHERE THERE'S NOTHING BIGGER THAN THE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL TEAM, BROTHER!

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
I dont know why you would draw such an insulting conclusion that the victim doesnt think she think she made an error by blacking out. What, do you think she liked what happened to her that night or somethin?

If Serena and others in this thread wanted this to be a "teachable moment", then they would address other girls, and not attack the victim in question. What awareness are you looking for here? People have general common sense, but that doesnt mean that we all arent capable of errors in judgement. Especially as immature teens. But I know Im talking to a bunch of perfect niqqas in this thread who have never made a mistake or engaged in a risky moment or two, so Im sure ya'll cant relate.

And this girl has not been "coddled". She has received numerous death threats, and the small town as a whole has sided with the football stars over the victim. On top of that, she now has one of the biggest sports stars in the world publicly ridiculing her. This is typical of rape cases, and its why females are petrified in speaking out if they're assaulted (the real problem here). They know that they will be called hoes n sluts, and whatever they did will be a justification for their rape. They were too "stupid", their dress was "too short", they were "too drunk". Thats if they're lucky. Most people will reject their story completely and call them liars. Only reason victim bashers couldnt do it in this case, is because the dumb niqqas put the shyt on camera.

There is absolutely a rape culture in this country.

Firstly I draw that conclusion because I've known several victims of rape, and they all did stupid shyt to be put in that position and didn't even realize it. To them, they could have walked down the street at 3:00am in nothing but underwear and not expect anything to happen to them. The naivety is insane.

You're too generous with that people have common sense remark, because most really don't.

YouLoveMe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Miami
About the rape crew name:

Enter the Trial in Steubenville, Where the Cast Is Not Merely Football Players - Alexander Abad-Santos and Matt Sullivan - The Atlantic Wire

And the fact of the matter is that everyone assumed she was lying about the rape completely, until video evidence surfaced which proved her story that she was incapacitated. Then the focus shifted to "well, why was she drunk then?"....Incredibly sad.
I'll just say this. People are realizing that females can sin just as much as men and they are not these little angles people made them out to be. I will form an opinion once the dust settles, but as of now, BOTH parties are in the wrong. Don't ever think a woman can not lie or say things to manipulate people to believing her story. You have people who do the crimes but you do have the victims who don't educate or stay aware of how not to become a victim. I grieve for the innocent souls.