Serena Williams on the Steubenville Rape case: "I'm not blaming the girl, but..."

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
breh, theres nikkas my age who will do anything for some p*ssy for bragging rights. That shyt has no age barrier. by ya'll logic bishes shouldn't leave the hourse for fear of rape lol. :deadrose:

Ya'll nikkas acting mighty holy, I know when I was sixteen I did some silly shyt to fit in at times, does that mean I should have been killed, raped, robbed, etc? ya'll the same type of cats who will be like "well she shouldn't have been jogging at night :ehh: gonna get raped like that."

no it doesn't, but you COULD have, you were just fortunate not to have, that doesn't mean you should go around advocating living life reckless cause you did and nothing happened to you... and if something did happen to you, and people looked at your actions and mentioned your mistakes in order for you and others not to be put in those situations again, we wouldn't victim blaming...
no 1 is telling women to stay in the house... we're advocating that women be more aware and careful... she wasn't the ONLY female at the party, plenty of females were there and like some1 said, many of them left when they felt like things were getting out of hand, tried to get her to leave but she didnt want to... AGAIN, does that mean she deserved to be raped? ABSOLUTELY NOT. Does it mean that this rape could have been avoided? ABSOLUTELY.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
With the attitudes you all possess it really doesn't matter how much you prepare girls. When boys feel like they can take more and more liberties with other people, particularly women, and its the women who will be forced to adjust to them to protect themselves, that's exactly what will happen.

But what do those attitudes have to do with ME and MY DAUGHTER? :why: I can't change the world, I can only work on mine... I most definitely plan on teaching my son about things like this and that no means no etc, but that LITERALLY does nothing to decrease the risk of potential danger in my daughter.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

I always advise males to lower the chances of them getting caught up in police brutality and encourage those other black males out there to take preventative measures to ensure that they don't fall victim too.

So you miss me with that shyt.

AND NOT A SINGLE DAMN THING YOU MENTIONED IS BLAMING THE fukkING VICTIM...

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
AND NOT A SINGLE DAMN THING YOU MENTIONED IS BLAMING THE fukkING VICTIM...
Because your comparison isn't the same as this situation. For your comparison to be the same she would have to of been sober and got raped cuz on that scenario she wasn't doing anything bad herself to be more likely to be taken advantage of.

Walking around in a hoody isn't something bad so your comparison is off.

If you said that he was walking around reppin crips or bloods then you would have a even comparison because doing that is as reckless as drinking till drunk and accepting drinks from guys without precaution without friends to back you up.

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
People just can't accept that this isn't a world where you can afford to get caught slipping - man or woman. Animals are acutely aware of this, they teach their young to outsmart, outrun the predators, but people just can't accept that we live in a world of predators. Her parents should be grateful that she is alive, because some would have done far worse things to her in that situation.

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I always advise males to lower the chances of them getting caught up in police brutality and encourage those other black males out there to take preventative measures to ensure that they don't fall victim too.

So you miss me with that shyt.

You didn't answer the question. Are Black males who are killed by the police partially responsible for putting themselves in that situation?

But what do those attitudes have to do with ME and MY DAUGHTER? :why: I can't change the world, I can only work on mine... I most definitely plan on teaching my son about things like this and that no means no etc, but that LITERALLY does nothing to decrease the risk of potential danger in my daughter.

Because there is a cause and effect to these things. You claim you want to have the world safer for your daughter, but preach things that are and will continue to make it easier for males around her take liberties with her at any opportunistic moment (since they feel it is up to her to protect herself and not up to them to not rape).

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You didn't answer the question. Are Black males who are killed by the police partially responsible for putting themselves in that situation?
Depends on the situation.

Because there is a cause and effect to these things. You claim you want to have the world safer for your daughter, but preach things that are and will continue to make it easier for males around her take liberties with her at any opportunistic moment (since they feel it is up to her to protect herself and not up to them to not rape).
Why can't it be both? I have a son and a daughter and they will get the same message. Take care of yourself and don't take advantage of others.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I did answer the question I said:

No, because wearing a hoodie is not bad in any way.

I also specified that you can't compare the two because her drinking and accepting drinks and not having friends to back her up in itself is bad and made her more likely to end up in a bad situation.

I also said that for both situations to be comparable the black male would have to be repping a gang or on the flip side she would have to of been sober and got raped.

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
And being afraid to even question a rape or look into the facts is the reason why cases like Brian Banks happens. And there are countless other men who haven't gotten their justice yet. We have to do our due diligence in getting the facts and not just scream victim blaming off the rip when people have questions. @No_bammer_weed you would be calling posters victim blamer's if a thread about Brian Banks case was made on here 4 years ago and people had suspicions.

brian-wanetta.jpg

Thats a completely different scenario than the one we're discussing, so im confused why ur raising it. The stubenville girl WAS raped. No im not claiming that women dont lie, or that claims of rape should be automatically accepted at face value. Thats a strawman. But there is a huge difference between responsible scrutiny and investigation, and disgusting misogyny. Ur smart enough to know the difference.

But lets build here. Now we can accept that brian banks is a victim, correct? Well what if others commented on his situation by brushing off his lying accuser's actions as "stupid", and then proceeded to go in on banks supposed behaviors that contributed to her lying on him, and how he should take "personal responsibility" for his imprisonment. Now would u find that offensive? Why would whatever he did be the focus of someone's criticism, when he is the innocent party and the clear victim? You see where im going with this?

Just like the thread where the brotha was pulled over and arrested during a test drive, and a bunch of lame kuhns went in on him, and not the racist officer. "oh why did he do this, why didnt he do that". The focus was completely directed towards the obvious victim, and we know why: because those commentators identify with white supremacy and racism. Ur better than ur performance in this thread, king. Real talk.

Last edited by a moderator:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

lmao... nice try breh...

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Thats a completely different scenario than the one we're discussing, so im confused why ur raising it. The stubenville girl WAS raped. No im not claiming that women dont lie, or that claims of rape should be automatically accepted at face value. Thats a strawman. But there is a huge difference between responsible scrutiny and investigation, and disgusting misogyny. Ur smart enough to know the difference.

But lets build here. Now we can accept that brian banks is a victim, correct? Well what if others commented on his situation by brushing off his lying accuser's actions as "stupid", and then proceeded to go in on banks supposed behaviors that contributed to her lying on him, and how he should take "personal responsibility" for his imprisonment. Now would u find that offensive? Why would whatever he did be the focus of someone's criticism, when he is the innocent party and the clear victim? You see where im going with this?

Just like the thread where the brotha was pulled over and arrested during a test drive, and a bunch of lame kuhns went in on him, and not the racist officer. "oh why did he do this, why didnt he do that". The focus was completely directed towards the obvious victim, and we know why: because those commentators identify with white supremacy and racism. Ur better than ur performance in this thread, king. Real talk.

if someone said to Brian Banks, "That's why you have to be careful who you put your dikk into." NOT A SINGLE person would accuse that person of "victim blaming" nor would they say that the person was encouraging more women to accuse men of rape. They'd simply be stating the fact that a situation like this can happen at any time, to any person, so BE CAREFUL.

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
if someone said to Brian Banks, "That's why you have to be careful who you put your dikk into." NOT A SINGLE person would accuse that person of "victim blaming" nor would they say that the person was encouraging more women to accuse men of rape. They'd simply be stating the fact that a situation like this can happen at any time, to any person, so BE CAREFUL.

Save that b.s for an idiot, cause im not the one. Saying that someone should be more careful about the company one keeps, company that did them harm, is a perfectly reasonable statement. Serena, and the people in this thread did not say that about the woman in question. You cats have been on a nonstop campaign in attacking the girl's and her parents character.

Notice how neither serena, nor any of the rape apologists in this thread framed their critique of the girl's actions in the way you framed it concerning banks' situation --- you know why? Because parsing words in such a way is as much of a statement on the perpetrators, as it is the victim. Thats not good enough for u misogynists, so u guys feel the need for her to take "personal responsibility" and question her character, and everything she did on that night. You guys would not stand for such language to be directed at banks, and neither would i as well. You cats have serious issues with women and being rape apologists. This is the last i'll contribute to this thread, because u guys are honestly making me sick

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Your just coming off as real sensitive about this shyt man. I don't know why it's so hard for you to see that there was no vicious intent in what she said. I read her statement as "shyt man, why did she have to be so drunk, how sad." Same way I'd imagine everyone in Banks camp must have said "damn breh, why'd you have to fukk with that hoe?" I understand how it can be taken as someone blaming the victim but its only that way if you want it to be that way.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Save that b.s for an idiot, cause im not the one. Saying that someone should be more careful about the company one keeps, company that did them harm, is a perfectly reasonable statement. Serena, and the people in this thread did not say that about the woman in question. You cats have been on a nonstop campaign in attacking the girl's and her parents character.

Notice how neither serena, nor any of the rape apologists in this thread framed their critique of the girl's actions in the way you framed it concerning banks' situation --- you know why? Because parsing words in such a way is as much of a statement on the perpetrators, as it is the victim. Thats not good enough for u misogynists, so u guys feel the need for her to take "personal responsibility" and question her character, and everything she did on that night. You guys would not stand for such language to be directed at banks, and neither would i as well. You cats have serious issues with women and being rape apologists. This is the last i'll contribute to this thread, because u guys are honestly making me sick

The bold shows that you are putting a lot on it. Nobody is "apologizing" for or "absolving" the rapists of any blame here.

No one has been on a "campaign" against this girl by being frank about the details of this situation.

It doesn't matter the gender of the victim, either. Is Serena a "misogynist" as the catalyst of this convo (rhetorical)?

What Serena said were off-the-cuff, informal remarks that apparently most people would have said. You willing to write her off as "a bird" and "mentally ill" for saying them is doing exactly what you have critiqued most of us for doing.

Either way, this was a terrible event overall. We can't unrape this girl. But again, if young people hear what Serena had to say and it moves them to assess and improve themselves, then something good can come of this.